Sporting News: NFC Running Backs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
    Barber not much in the passing game? Did you just make that up?
    You have to question how much people have seen him play with assertions like that.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      7.) Eagles - Westbrook and the garbage behind him. Westbrook is a stud who can really make plays. But my earlier comments still stand because I don't see him as an every down back who can run between the tackles well and grind clock late in games. He is still a damn good back though and if the iggles had a nice compliment to him who could run between the tackles, they would be higher.
      "Garbage" backup Correll Buckhalter averaged 5.0 yards per carry last year. Did you perhaps think that the reason no one knows about the Eagles' backups is because Andy Reid hates running the ball and is married to the pass?

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        You have to question how much people have seen him play with assertions like that.
        You sure do. The same way I questioned the guy for saying Westbrook is only a threat on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          This is why sites like where all nfl fans meet up and talk, is good and bad in a way. The bad is people see a few games here and there, and read the rest about players, so when it's time to come up with rankings, alot of assumptions are made based on little information.

Comment

I think the 49ers trio is being underrated. Michael Robinson is a solid backup and Frank Gore is just a man beast. With the new acquistion of DeShaun Foster, it only makes up better since he has exceptional receiving skills.

Comment

The best part of the Falcons...at number 8? Come on. Turner averages 5.5 yards a carry and Norwood averages 6.2 yards a carry. Ovie Mughelli is one of the best blocking FBs in the league. Both of them have questions about whether or not they can handle the load...and what do you know! They wont have to!

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                The best part of the Falcons...at number 8? Come on. Turner averages 5.5 yards a carry and Norwood averages 6.2 yards a carry. Ovie Mughelli is one of the best blocking FBs in the league. Both of them have questions about whether or not they can handle the load...and what do you know! They wont have to!
                For not proving much at this point, what 7 teams should you be ranked ahead of then, because I don't see one team I'd place the Falcons above at this point, it has the potential to be alot better, but as of now I couldn't put them any higher.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                  "Garbage" backup Correll Buckhalter averaged 5.0 yards per carry last year. Did you perhaps think that the reason no one knows about the Eagles' backups is because Andy Reid hates running the ball and is married to the pass?
                  hence why I've said in many other threads that I think the eagles are overrated going into this year.

and youd think a guy a guy married to the pass would pick up...idk....some more worthwhile receivers. and i don't want to hear that he cant or some such blah blah blah. could have gotten rid of lito for anquan boldin and then they would have been a legitimate threat this year assuming mcnabb stays healthy...which he just hasnt been it seems.....

and also, there is no way the eagles should have been #2 on the list which was my initial complaint in the first place.

Comment

7.) Eagles - Westbrook and the garbage behind him. Westbrook is a stud who can really make plays. But my earlier comments still stand because I don't see him as an every down back who can run between the tackles well and grind clock late in games. He is still a damn good back though and if the iggles had a nice compliment to him who could run between the tackles, they would be higher.
                    You are severely underrating the eagles backs here. First of all Westbrook has become not only an outside threat, but he can do it all. Inside, outside, receiving out of the backfield, splitting out, everything. When time is running out, he is the first person the eagles go to to grind out the clock. He always gets 2-3 extra yards unless the OL doesn't do their job and he has a DT hitting him the millisecond he gets handed the ball. As for our "garbage" backups, Buckhalter is not spectacular but very solid. He has great speed, probably even faster than Westbrook (in terms of pure speed, not quickness), and he can also be a bruiser. They are hoping Tony Hunt can possibly breakout and be that pure big back they need in short yardage/ goal line situations. Lorenzo Booker is going to be used the way he needs to be and that is split out and on the field at the same time as Westbrook to commit mis-matches. The fact that you put some of those teams is very laughable like the giants, the depth on the giants can be argued to be better, but the starter alone puts them far superior. Same goes for the rest of the teams you mentioned. Like Sniper said, it seems like you are basing most of your opinions on 3 years ago.

Comment

could have gotten rid of lito for anquan boldin
                      Where are you getting that from? I'm sure if they could have made that move they would have in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                        You are severely underrating the eagles backs here. First of all Westbrook has become not only an outside threat, but he can do it all. Inside, outside, receiving out of the backfield, splitting out, everything. When time is running out, he is the first person the eagles go to to grind out the clock. He always gets 2-3 extra yards unless the OL doesn't do their job and he has a DT hitting him the millisecond he gets handed the ball. As for our "garbage" backups, Buckhalter is not spectacular but very solid. He has great speed, probably even faster than Westbrook (in terms of pure speed, not quickness), and he can also be a bruiser. They are hoping Tony Hunt can possibly breakout and be that pure big back they need in short yardage/ goal line situations. Lorenzo Booker is going to be used the way he needs to be and that is split out and on the field at the same time as Westbrook to commit mis-matches. The fact that you put some of those teams is very laughable like the giants, the depth on the giants can be argued to be better, but the starter alone puts them far superior. Same goes for the rest of the teams you mentioned. Like Sniper said, it seems like you are basing most of your opinions on 3 years ago.
                        If I had to take just 1 RB to be my teams RB, I would take Stephen Jackson, Frank Gore or Marion Barber first before Westbrook. If I could have one of them and Westbrook, I'd be set, but I think all of those guys are better runners of the football.

furthermore, I would take Chester Taylor, Brandon Jacobs, Brian Leonard, and maybe Felix Jones, Michael Robinson and Bradshaw/Ward as my backup/complimentary backs before I would take Buckhalter.

I'm just going to stop now as I don't see a point in continuing this argument when my points were made earlier. I stand by my conviction of the running back groups I'd rather have than the eagles.

Comment

hence why I've said in many other threads that I think the eagles are overrated going into this year.

and youd think a guy a guy married to the pass would pick up...idk....some more worthwhile receivers. and i don't want to hear that he cant or some such blah blah blah. could have gotten rid of lito for anquan boldin and then they would have been a legitimate threat this year assuming mcnabb stays healthy...which he just hasnt been it seems.....

and also, there is no way the eagles should have been #2 on the list which was my initial complaint in the first place.
                          Don't you think I or EVERY OTHER ******* EAGLES FAN has complained about this? And no, we couldn't have gotten Lito for Boldin. Both Fitzgerald and Boldin were inquired about, but the Cardinals are making the brilliant decision of tying up some 20 million a year in receivers instead of addressing other needs and making their team better.

Anyways, Westbrook is the league's most versatile back. He can go inside, outside, whatever.

Comment

If I had to take just 1 RB to be my teams RB, I would take Stephen Jackson, Frank Gore or Marion Barber first before Westbrook. If I could have one of them and Westbrook, I'd be set, but I think all of those guys are better runners of the football.
                            Guess we'll have to settle for our crappy runner who only had 1,300+ yards last year and over 2,000 total yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                              Where are you getting that from? I'm sure if they could have made that move they would have in a heartbeat.
                              before the draft, there were rumblings of it in a lot of places I read about. I don't believe it was straight up one for one as that would have been robbery but for even Lito and a 2nd/3rd, that trade would have been a mastermove but for some reason it never happened....same could be said about getting roy williams and chad johnson.

I think the Eagles had the ammo to get any one of those guys but....it never happened.

One could say that the Lions, Bengals and Cardinals were never actually interested in moving those receivers but there tends to be a nugget of truth in trade rumors like that.

I think it would have been a really great move on the Eagles part to get any one of those guys using Lito and a draft pick(s). Really would have put them over the top I think....

Cause right now I feel that the Cowboys and Giants are still better teams in that division alone. Add to that the possible improvements of teams like the Vikings and maybe a team like the Saints getting back into it, and the Eagles could improve on last year and still miss the playoffs imo.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                                Guess we'll have to settle for our crappy runner who only had 1,300+ yards last year and over 2,000 total yards.
                                chill dude, chill. opinions opinions. the best way for me to be proven wrong is for it to happen during the season. nothing either of us can say now is going to swap the view of the other, so relax.

plus I think a healthy Stephen Jackson is easily capable of that too

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information