No announcement yet.

Sporting News: NFC Running Backs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like alot of homers in this thread. Makes no difference where your rated. If you ain't first your last. I think cleary the Vikings are #1 with AP and Chester Taylor would could start on alot of teams. The next few are all debatable.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Rams are #1, we have Brian Leonard!

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
        Of course you would, because you are a Panther's fan.
        IMO its not that much of a stretch to take a very formiddable draft pick and a proven guy with 2 years in the league and a 5.0 ypc average last year over 2 players clearly on the downside of their careers and a third who's never been healthy longer than 12 games in a given season.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
          Barber not much in the passing game? Did you just make that up?
          Nope. I am basing it on his competition. He is not the threat in the passing game that Westbrook, Gore, Jackson are. He will catch check downs which is fine and there aren't any knocks on his hands but he isn't much of a threat compared to his competitors.

His YPC is below most of the other top backs. None of the other backs in the top 5 are averaging 7 YPC or below.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
            im sry beer baron but Westbrook is a Top3 RB. I dont really get where u got that Westbrook cant Run/carry the load...
            Look BeerBaron, the German even said so, haha. He must be right. Seriously though, I agree with Renji., Westy is a top three RB, but maybe not for long though. Adrian Peterson is nipping on his heals and could even be #1 RB in a year or two. Him and Steven Jackson are the only RBs I would consider putting ahead of Westbrook besides LT and LJ.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
              Cowboys should be flopped with the 49ers. Other than that it is okay
              Gore is overrated. severely. He had 1 pro bowl season and now he's in everyones top 5. I'd still like to see some more.
              Last edited by Burns336; 06-16-2008, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
                Nope. I am basing it on his competition. He is not the threat in the passing game that Westbrook, Gore, Jackson are. He will catch check downs which is fine and there aren't any knocks on his hands but he isn't much of a threat compared to his competitors.

His YPC is below most of the other top backs. None of the other backs in the top 5 are averaging 7 YPC or below.
                he averages 6.4 ypc, are you really going to let that .6 influence you to write "He isn't much in the passing game"?

44 catches for 282 yards (6.4 avg.) and 2 TD's for a RB is good enough for me...

Yeah, he's not Westbrook, but who is? Westbrook is the best pass catching RB in the league.

Comment

Why would you want Barber catching passes when you've got Whitten, Owens and Glenn?

Westbrook and Tomlinson are the offense in their cities.

The receivers are the offense in big D/

Comment

Gore is overrated. severely. He had 1 pro bowl season and now he's in everyones top 5. I'd still like to see some more.
                    Since when do Pro Bowl's determine how good a player is? Watch the guy play.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

He has only started for two seasons. He had a good season last year despite injuries, an inept offensive coordinator and no passing game. So one out of two isn't bad.

Also Clinton Portis, Steven Jackson and Adrian Peterson only have one pro bowl season each and you didn't say they are overrated. Westbrook only has two. Pro bowls don't really say much. And if you are talking about good years, Steven Jackson has only one more year of starting experience and Adrian Peterson has one less.

I don't see how he is severely overrated. Is he the third best back? Maybe, it's debatable. But name 5 backs in the NFC that are better.

Comment

What have you been watchin ? He carries that team, runs hard every play, can block and catch and is the most level headed (non arrogant RB) besides LT. He'd be an asset to 31 other teams - he might not be attractive but boy he's effective

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                          Why would you want Barber catching passes when you've got Whitten, Owens and Glenn?

Westbrook and Tomlinson are the offense in their cities.

The receivers are the offense in big D/
                          It's always nice to have additional options and weapons to keep defenses honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                            What have you been watchin ? He carries that team, runs hard every play, can block and catch and is the most level headed (non arrogant RB) besides LT. He'd be an asset to 31 other teams - he might not be attractive but boy he's effective
                            While he can catch and block its not as if he's as well rounded as Steven Jackson and with running backs its all about dependability.

Tishmanga Biabutaka was a probowler calibre runner when he was on the field, which was about twice a season.

Gore is a great runner and an adequate receiver/blocker but if he can't carry the load every year for the next 3 or 4 years at least, he doesn't belong in the top 5.

Comment

who would u take over him?

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                                who would u take over him?
                                Tomlinson
                                Jackson
                                Peterson
                                Westbrook

No doubt about any of those players.

Then take your pick of:

Portis