No announcement yet.

Sporting News: NFC Running Backs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank Gore does a lot more than those guys you just listed with ALOT less. For the past two seasons Alex Smith only liked decent ONCE, a waste of space offensive line, and lazy ass WRs. Not to mention a couple of new Offensive schemes. I mean, all of you guys are just contradicting yourselves when you say you wanna see more from Frank and then put AP over him after ONE good season. You guys say you want him to carry the load then you tried to put guys like Barber and Portis over him. The only guys I wouldn't mind putting over Gore is Tomlinson, Westbrook, MAYBE Jackson and LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
      Frank Gore does a lot more than those guys you just listed with ALOT less. For the past two seasons Alex Smith only liked decent ONCE, a waste of space offensive line, and lazy ass WRs. Not to mention a couple of new Offensive schemes. I mean, all of you guys are just contradicting yourselves when you say you wanna see more from Frank and then put AP over him after ONE good season. You guys say you want him to carry the load then you tried to put guys like Barber and Portis over him. The only guys I wouldn't mind putting over Gore is Tomlinson, Westbrook, MAYBE Jackson and LJ.
      Maybe Steven Jackson??

Jackson is head and heels better than Frank Gore, and it's not even close

Comment

Surprised we're ranked so highly, we definately have a top 5 running game but the oline is a big part of that and honestly our most talented back is probably The Mighty Midget because he just played at like he had to prove himself with every step, our toughest runner, most breakaway speed and probably even most consistent blocker, Jacobs lays people out cause he's f'in huge but he has a lot of work to do at being a rb and not just a battering ram.

Comment

Gore's a good backbut based off what I've seen I'd rate him below Tomlinson, Westbrook, SJ, AD, LJ, Marshawn and maybe Portis.

Comment

How about some facts or arguments to back up your statements? Just saying them doesn't really do much

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              Maybe Steven Jackson??

Jackson is head and heels better than Frank Gore, and it's not even close
              While I agree Jackson is the better Back, its alot closer than you say. I would say they are very close, the only things I'd say Jackson is better is in speed and receiving. Gore is still a very good receiving RB though so the difference isn't huge.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                While I agree Jackson is the better Back, its alot closer than you say. I would say they are very close, the only things I'd say Jackson is better is in speed and receiving. Gore is still a very good receiving RB though so the difference isn't huge.
                Jackson is much better at breaking tackles and moving the pile. The guy is a battering ram.

Comment

lol u wanna tell me Frank Gore is not that good at breaking tackles or moving the pile?

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                    lol u wanna tell me Frank Gore is not that good at breaking tackles or moving the pile?
                    No, I want to tell you Jackson is better.

Comment

As of right now, I'd take Westbrook/Buckhalter over Portis/Betts.

Maybe not after the end of this year depending on how Portis does in Zorn's offense. I know Betts will do pretty well, he's a great receiver out of the backfield.

Westbrook is a solid 2 right behind LT in my opinion.

Comment

Excellent for Detroit. Last place. We got you right where we want you now for the big zone blocking scheme suprise. At least the runners fit the scheme and we'll attempt to run the ball this year. They forgot about Artose Pinner, Brian Calhoun and Aveion Cason. Now that is some backup talent.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                          So how exatcly is frank gore better than clinton portis and are you trying to say that Portis doesnt carry the load?
                          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I would change the Packers and Falcons. None of Atl running backs have proven to be number 1 backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                              Gore is overrated. severely. He had 1 pro bowl season and now he's in everyones top 5. I'd still like to see some more.
                              1 more then what the Cowboys backs have done. I agree with what the 9er fan said, Gore has been struck with injuries this year, but still manged 1000 yards behind that o-line and offense.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                                1 more then what the Cowboys backs have done. I agree with what the 9er fan said, Gore has been struck with injuries this year, but still manged 1000 yards behind that o-line and offense.
                                didnt barber somehow go to the pro bowl
                                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information