Javon Walker found unconscious in Vegas, fractured orbital bone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
    whats wrong with livin large when your an NFL reciever?
    These guys are obviously gunna party but most of them could use a good friend that'll not let sh!t get out of hand. Live it up dont get me wrong, just dont be a stupid peckahead and blackout.. with no wallet
    Seeing how he came to camp over weight shouldn't he be getting ready for the OTA's on Tuesday.
    Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      Lol, i always take note of situations like this, so when they have nothing to lay dead on, you can look back and laugh hysterically at the many different ways the pissed away their money.

One of my favorites is Mike Tyson buying a Tiger..

A freakin Tiger.

I read that he had to feed it something like 100+ dollars worth of meat a day.
      Now dude's living at the local shelter.
      Despite being broke, Mike Tyson lives in a pretty nice house.

Comment

Im confused, the guy gets robbed and people flame him...

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
          Despite being broke, Mike Tyson lives in a pretty nice house.
          A while back he was living at the Salvation Army. No joke. He has nothing to his name after reportedly having made over 300 million dollars throughout his career.

Comment

WTF, was he rolling solo? Where was his posse at? Reports say he was found alone and unconscious.

Comment

This thread truly shows the immaturity and like of sight of many of the posters on this board. Posts like "welcome to Oakland mother******" are short-sighted and infantile at best and callous and heartless at worst.

I mean, seriously... You are really going to say "sounds like something he did to himself"??? Or that it's "certain types of people who end up in this situation"??? What types of people? African-Americans? WTH has Javon Walker ever done to be lumped with any "type of people" apart from those with busted knees? Getting beat down is a "dumb decision" and a "bad attitude"??? I fail to see how getting robbed has anything to do with Walker's attitude. How can you say "he put himself in a position for it to happen"???

It is so easy to criticize someone in a situation that's far from you, but you get robbed, assaulted and left unconscious on sidewalk and let's see you call someone else

Honestly, I have a real problem with these comments, especially Jimmy's. I'm sorry that you don't like how Javon Walker forced his way out of Denver, but your comment was completely uncalled for. As if his signing with Oakland even had anything to do with it. Or as if he got what was coming to him. No one deserves to be assaulted and left unconscious.

Yes, it was a dumb move for him to show off his money by spraying the club with champagne. It was even more dumb that he didn't have a posse or at least a lone body guard after such a show. But did he deserve it? Did he get what was coming to him?

All of you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. You are like the spineless, brainless lemmings that jump in on a beatdown in the street just because the guy is defenseless. You people are ridiculous.

And if I've crossed the line with anything that I said, fine. I'll get suspended or banned or whatever. But these comments in this thread are ridiculous. WinslowBodden was absolutely right about this thread turning into a Javon flamefest. This is hardly the place to critique Javon Walker, and yet it seems that everyone uses this as a springboard to jump all over every chink in the armor.

Knock it off. Grow up and have some sympathy.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Great post NIP, I agree. One thing just seems very fishy to me here though. You are a relatively famous guy that a lot of people know just got paid pretty damn well, and you don't have a single body guard or friend with you. That just seems very odd to me. I wonder if they got scared and ran off or maybe it was a setup(hope thats not true)?

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                  This thread truly shows the immaturity and like of sight of many of the posters on this board. Posts like "welcome to Oakland mother******" are short-sighted and infantile at best and callous and heartless at worst.

I mean, seriously... You are really going to say "sounds like something he did to himself"??? Or that it's "certain types of people who end up in this situation"??? What types of people? African-Americans? WTH has Javon Walker ever done to be lumped with any "type of people" apart from those with busted knees? Getting beat down is a "dumb decision" and a "bad attitude"??? I fail to see how getting robbed has anything to do with Walker's attitude. How can you say "he put himself in a position for it to happen"???

It is so easy to criticize someone in a situation that's far from you, but you get robbed, assaulted and left unconscious on sidewalk and let's see you call someone else

Honestly, I have a real problem with these comments, especially Jimmy's. I'm sorry that you don't like how Javon Walker forced his way out of Denver, but your comment was completely uncalled for. As if his signing with Oakland even had anything to do with it. Or as if he got what was coming to him. No one deserves to be assaulted and left unconscious.

Yes, it was a dumb move for him to show off his money by spraying the club with champagne. It was even more dumb that he didn't have a posse or at least a lone body guard after such a show. But did he deserve it? Did he get what was coming to him?

All of you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. You are like the spineless, brainless lemmings that jump in on a beatdown in the street just because the guy is defenseless. You people are ridiculous.

And if I've crossed the line with anything that I said, fine. I'll get suspended or banned or whatever. But these comments in this thread are ridiculous. WinslowBodden was absolutely right about this thread turning into a Javon flamefest. This is hardly the place to critique Javon Walker, and yet it seems that everyone uses this as a springboard to jump all over every chink in the armor.

Yes, there's a lot of stupid and immature comments in this thread, but there are posts like this everywhere. I don't know much about your posts or what your stance is on situations like this, but i have a hard time believing you'd have a problem with this if it wasn't one of your favorite teams' players.

The only thing a lot of people are criticizing is the fact that he put himself in a situation where this was likely. When people say that he put himself in a position for this to happen, he very much did. When you're inebriated, flaunting money and alone, you're prime pickings for pick-pockets everywhere.

If an attractive woman, scantily clothed walks down dark alleys where crime is in abundance, did she put herself in a position for something bad to happen to her? Yes, indeed she did. Does she deserve it? Of course not, no one deserves any ill-wishes. But when there are things and methods of preventing such situations and you don't do them, you have to take some of the blame as well.

Comment

Thankfully champagne tastes like piss and it seems much more logical to spray it all over the place than to actually drink it

Also at least his orbital bone wasn't broken by a teammate like that former TE that got knocked out by Bill Romanowski
                    Last edited by SuperKevin; 06-17-2008, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                      Thankfully champagne tastes like piss and it seems much more logical to spray it all over the place than to actually drink it

Also at least his orbital bone wasn't broken by a teammate like that former TE that got knocked out by Bill Romanowski
                      I'd imagine that 1500 dollar a bottle champagne is slightly better than the $2 a gallon piss you've had before.

Comment

Interesting, but I bet you didn't have a problem when it was Michael Vick, Adam Jones, or Chris Henry at the receiving end of the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                          Interesting, but I bet you didn't have a problem when it was Michael Vick, Adam Jones, or Chris Henry at the receiving end of the hate.
                          (@&#^$*(&#^!*@&#*)#%&)(#*!($()&%()&()#&$(!@$)@#*$)*!@)_#*(#&%^!&^@$*##***!!!!!!

you fill it in.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

"welcome to Oakland mother******"
                            yea go figure, i was pretty much counting on you in particular to be the one to call me out on that. not like it went undeserved on my part, but we all know he's gonna be suited up and playing by week one. but really, welcome to oakland javon.

and yes, im immature and insensitive, but this is javon walker, and he's not dead, and will play week 1 so i dont really care. wish him a speedy recovery, but im not retracting my statement.

*edit, now that i fully read NIP's post, of course, nobody except for a sole few people not including javon walker deserves anything like this, and im not claiming that he did it to himself because he's a bad person, but at some level it seems ironic/ fitting even thought he didn't deserve it by any means. we're talking about oakland, and a guy who really just isnt the greatest person from first hand experience.
                            Last edited by Jimmy; 06-17-2008, 08:33 AM.

Comment

NIP is right. Now is not the time to bash someone, He's in the hospital recovering from getting beat for Christ's sake. How would you feel if you were in a hospital bed after getting the crap beat out of you and a busted face, and your father walks in and says something along the lines of, " you dumb*ss, you jackass, how could you be so dumb as to go somewhere alone and act like that and not expect this. I'm ashamed to be your father." Think of it like that. In that situation, you'd fell like a bag of sh*t. People forget the addage "treat people the way you would want to be treated" Think about stuff like that before you post idiotic and just plain insensitive stuff like that again.
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                                NIP is right. Now is not the time to bash someone, He's in the hospital recovering from getting beat for Christ's sake. How would you feel if you were in a hospital bed after getting the crap beat out of you and a busted face, and your father walks in and says something along the lines of, " you dumb*ss, you jackass, how could you be so dumb as to go somewhere alone and act like that and not expect this. I'm ashamed to be your father." Think of it like that. In that situation, you'd fell like a bag of sh*t. People forget the addage "treat people the way you would want to be treated" Think about stuff like that before you post idiotic and just plain insensitive stuff like that again.
                                i dont think his father walked in, i think that its javon walker, and he isnt a very good human being, and he didnt deserve it but this is oakland. had i not inserted the "Mother****er" im sure people wouldnt be on me as much, but i called him "mother****er" because i really just dont like the guy, and ive been reffering to him by that for a few weeks now. not calling him it because im glad ge got injured, because im not, im just sticking to the nickname because he's not my favorite person right now

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information