Javon Walker found unconscious in Vegas, fractured orbital bone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
    This thread truly shows the immaturity and like of sight of many of the posters on this board. Posts like "welcome to Oakland mother******" are short-sighted and infantile at best and callous and heartless at worst.

I mean, seriously... You are really going to say "sounds like something he did to himself"??? Or that it's "certain types of people who end up in this situation"??? What types of people? African-Americans? WTH has Javon Walker ever done to be lumped with any "type of people" apart from those with busted knees? Getting beat down is a "dumb decision" and a "bad attitude"??? I fail to see how getting robbed has anything to do with Walker's attitude. How can you say "he put himself in a position for it to happen"???

It is so easy to criticize someone in a situation that's far from you, but you get robbed, assaulted and left unconscious on sidewalk and let's see you call someone else

Honestly, I have a real problem with these comments, especially Jimmy's. I'm sorry that you don't like how Javon Walker forced his way out of Denver, but your comment was completely uncalled for. As if his signing with Oakland even had anything to do with it. Or as if he got what was coming to him. No one deserves to be assaulted and left unconscious.

Yes, it was a dumb move for him to show off his money by spraying the club with champagne. It was even more dumb that he didn't have a posse or at least a lone body guard after such a show. But did he deserve it? Did he get what was coming to him?

All of you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. You are like the spineless, brainless lemmings that jump in on a beatdown in the street just because the guy is defenseless. You people are ridiculous.

And if I've crossed the line with anything that I said, fine. I'll get suspended or banned or whatever. But these comments in this thread are ridiculous. WinslowBodden was absolutely right about this thread turning into a Javon flamefest. This is hardly the place to critique Javon Walker, and yet it seems that everyone uses this as a springboard to jump all over every chink in the armor.

Knock it off. Grow up and have some sympathy.
    Give me a break. Although i will agree that some have been over the top and unneccesary, you can give up on the defending Javon Walker part. And calling me out for saying 'these types of people' is just a loser thing on ur part. Ya, i obviously meant african americans.......don't be a douche, ur just trying to grab attention, and i don't respect that anymore than the people who just soley say he can F himself. You tryed to come off sympathetic or something, but that racist card doesn't qualify. IF you need me to clarify the 'certain types of people' into a not racist comment then i'm not going to give you the satisfaction. I've never made a racist comment on here in my life.

Simple fact is, Javon put himself in a stupid ass situation. Showing off his wealth and pissed off the wrong people. You know what, people don't like those people and many won't stand for that. You know, u got money to blow, think your untouchable, i'm going to take it from you. Yes, it is unfortunate, but you can try to avoid these situations by being a responsible person. Nothing wrong with having fun, but know the crowd ur with. I don't think any of us go into parties at the other side of the city where we don't know anyone and start acting like punks, so i don't expect a rich football player whom people obviously know has coin and a target on his back to.

So aside from now classifying you as an over-the-top poster who uses extreme's to try to get people to agree with u, let me know when u decide to not use ur 'must be a racist comment' tactics and view the situation for what it is - A sad and unfortunate situation that was probably created by Javon's actions and a typical thug(s) who are all over the place. You can't be stupid in this world, and Javon has not been the most endearing person in multiple situations since he entered the league.

Good Investment? Football-wise? Taking an ego with not much proven production, attitude problems, and although not all totally his fault, an injury history. I guess if your a Raider it might be, but not for most. Hopefully he makes the recovery and comes back and plays well. If not, he'll be another guy who put himself in a bad spot and came out on the bottom.

I am now late to get out of here, thanks

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Ya, i don't take it well when someone calls me out basically as a racist

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
        Ya, i don't take it well when someone calls me out basically as a racist
        You couldn't have just included that in your long tirade? Did it really have to be a seperate post?

Comment

We should all be wishing for Walker's wellbeing at this point until we get the rest of the story. I agree with everyone else who thinks that its odd he was found alone, we definitely need more details. Either we're going to find out he was being utterly irresponsible or it could be a tragic case of his friends allowing this to happen to him. I agree with eagles when he says "treat people the way you want to be treated".

I do have to admit though, if I did something irresponsible enough to warrant a beating and robbery on the streets of Las Vegas rest assured my father would tell me something along the lines of "you dumbass, you jackass, how could you be so dumb as to go somewhere alone and act like that and not expect this."

Comment

I'm not entirely shocked he was found alone. You all can't possibly tell me you've never witnessed a fight go down and then run away to avoid being next or possibly caught by cops. He could have been with people who fled the scene before cops came due to less than legal circumstances

Comment

That right there is a bottle of Dom Perignon.

Considering most people don't know **** about champagne... If it was indeed 15k of champagne... That would have been about 40 bottles of champagne... Someone got a lot of nerve.
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

LEAVE JAVON ALOOOONE.

seriously though, sucks for him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                  That would have been about 40 bottles of champagne...
                  It said he sprayed "15 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose champagne he ordered." Not 15 thousand dollars worth of it. Either way, what a waste of perfectly good booze.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                    It said he sprayed "15 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose champagne he ordered." Not 15 thousand dollars worth of it. Either way, what a waste of perfectly good booze.
                    Just celebrating all that guaranteed cash he's going to milk for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                      Okay, Dom Perignon at an average restaurant will sell for nearly 200 bucks. Do you realize how much that price increases when you're in the confines of a club in Vegas? I'd really be surprised if they sold it for anything less than double

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        Okay, Dom Perignon at an average restaurant will sell for nearly 200 bucks. Do you realize how much that price increases when you're in the confines of a club in Vegas? I'd really be surprised if they sold it for anything less than double
                        I wouldn't know how much it is but, either way, it's too much money.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

"ANTE UP, JACK THAT FOOL/
                          YOU WANT BIG MONEY, KIDNAP THAT FOOL/

IT'S THE PERFECT TIMING, YOU SEE THAT MAN SHINING?

GET UP OFF THEM GOTDAMN DIAMONDS!/"

I'm really sorry about what happened to Javon Walker, its most unfortunate.

But this is the only thing that runs through my head when I think of this situation.....had this song ran through his head while he indulged in acts of grandoise showing of wealth, this situation might not of had happened, but it's Vegas though....the same Vegas where Levi Jones got jumped by Joey Porter and his 'gang', so.....(shrugs)
                          Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                            Shawne Merriman had to buy his team a $20,000+ meal as a rookie. A couple thousand is nothing to a guy like Javon Walker.

Comment

ESPN Hashmarks is pointing out how similar this siyuation was to the Darrent Williams shooting. Supposedly that shooting was sparked by Brandon Marshall spraying champagne all over the place. Javon Walker was there that night and probably should have known better

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                                jesus, get real.

are you honestly suggesting that me posting that he's an idiot has any remote connection to his dad walking into the hospital and saying the same thing? i can't even begin to put into words how incredibly ridiculous that is.

treat others how i'd want to be treated? to be honest, if i had just sprayed champagne over a bunch of people in the wrong place and had been robbed/mugged afterwards, i think i'd probably have bigger things to worry about than whether a bunch of folks on some internet forum think i did something stupid. i fail to see how this golden rule BS has anything to do with any of this.
                                yay!njx is back!
                                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information