Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcons release Jimmy Williams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Breaker View Post
    Was checking up on Falcons board and came across this about Jamaal Anderson...



    Another bust? ouch.
    I heard about that yesturday I believe. Quite the series of problems Atlanta is facing now....

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Breaker View Post
      How was that a brutal pick? Everyone thought Falcon got a steal when they picked him. Wasn't he in the Top-15 in some mock?
      And thus why there are two different grades for a team's draft. Grade 1 is immediately after the draft to see how the team addressed need and value, while Grade 2 is to see if teams were able to cultivate the talent and produce a quality player with respect to Grade 1.


      Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

      Comment


      • #18
        Haha, this is funny. All of you wanting him. I understand the talent he used to have, but it's just not there anymore. I loved the pick coming out, and I thought he'd be a kickass FS.

        He wanted to be a corner and couldn't unseat Jason Webster. I blamed that on Jim Mora.

        Under Petrino he was going to be moved back to saftey. He couldn't take over for Chris Crocker.

        Now I realize this is because he is lazy, and just not that good.

        The fact is he is a bust with mental problems. He missed voluntary camps and then showed up weighing 240 pounds.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          Haha, this is funny. All of you wanting him. I understand the talent he used to have, but it's just not there anymore. I loved the pick coming out, and I thought he'd be a kickass FS.

          He wanted to be a corner and couldn't unseat Jason Webster. I blamed that on Jim Mora.

          Under Petrino he was going to be moved back to saftey. He couldn't take over for Chris Crocker.

          The fact is he is a bust with mental problems. He missed voluntary camps and then showed up weighing 240 pounds.
          ok....linebacker then! or better yet, bulk him up another 20 pounds and line him up at DE! boo-yah.

          I still think some team reels him in before he clears wavers. Lots of teams like to think they can fix guys who "had" the talent...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/A..._Williams.aspx

            boy, he only got 2 years of a chance...

            Cover 2 teams should jump on him as a CB and any defense could take a good long look at him as a S.

            Won't be on the market long I don't think...
            We currently employ a cover 2 system... so I doubt he was fitting in as a corner.

            Originally posted by Breaker View Post
            Was checking up on Falcons board and came across this about Jamaal Anderson...



            Another bust? ouch.
            Oh my god, we suck. He's going to get killed leverage wise at 6'6. Can't hurt too much since he played at about 300 pounds last year.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
              I wouldn't mind having him at CB for GB. He is similar player to Flowers, but taller and possibly faster. But I would like it if he went down to 205 instead at 212.
              Ugh, I knew someone was going to say that.

              Comment


              • #22
                i think he could be a very good corner for a team that runs a tampa-2 scheme

                maybe the Colts, Bucs, maybe the bills

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                  i think he could be a very good corner for a team that runs a tampa-2 scheme

                  maybe the Colts, Bucs, maybe the bills

                  You think? Do 240 pound corners with poor hips work in those schemes and not our cover 2?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                    You think? Do 240 pound corners with poor hips work in those schemes and not our cover 2?
                    i didnt bother to read he was 240lbs
                    thats really not good for him, if he shows up that heavy he must've lost so much speed.
                    my brother who is a falcons fan used to talk about how much of a steal this pick was


                    and i just told him about Jimmy Williams getting cut, and JA possibly moving to DT
                    hes disgusted in the team now




                    well if hes 240lbs...... i see alot of cashiers who are 240+

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      240 lbs. Wow thats Mike Williams esque size for a corner.

                      Atlanta must be impressed with Chevis Jackson enough to make this move though. Should be an interesting secondary to face Detroit Week 1.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Chauncey Davis is the #3 DE so my guess is he would start if Anderson is moved. The 4th DE spot is open with Koy and Brandon Miller to battle for it.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I'd scratch the Colts off that list: they go six-deep at corner and five-deep at safety (not including any UDFAs this year), and I wouldn't hold my breath for Williams to beat out anyone of them.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            Haha, this is funny. All of you wanting him. I understand the talent he used to have, but it's just not there anymore. I loved the pick coming out, and I thought he'd be a kickass FS.

                            He wanted to be a corner and couldn't unseat Jason Webster. I blamed that on Jim Mora.

                            Under Petrino he was going to be moved back to saftey. He couldn't take over for Chris Crocker.

                            Now I realize this is because he is lazy, and just not that good.

                            The fact is he is a bust with mental problems. He missed voluntary camps and then showed up weighing 240 pounds.


                            You act like somebody would sign him to be the savior of their franchise, he would come in somewhere and fight for a roster spot, if he gets signed and cut so what? They didn't blow a 2nd rd pick like ATL did...Everyone would give him a look because he has potential and athletic ability, I can think plenty safeties in the NFL right now who are terrible, he can add depth to a team and you hope for the best.


                            We all understand he was cut for a reason, and that he is no longer on the Falcons so you think he is the worst player ever, but when a guy doesn't command alot of money, he is only 2 years into his NFL career, he will get another chance to make something of himself...No need to act like he has no chance of ever amounting to anything after only 2 years, thats pretty close minded.





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              You act like somebody would sign him to be the savior of their franchise, he would come in somewhere and fight for a roster spot, if he gets signed and cut so what? They didn't blow a 2nd rd pick like ATL did...Everyone would give him a look because he has potential and athletic ability, I can think plenty safeties in the NFL right now who are terrible, he can add depth to a team and you hope for the best.


                              We all understand he was cut for a reason, and that he is no longer on the Falcons so you think he is the worst player ever, but when a guy doesn't command alot of money, he is only 2 years into his NFL career, he will get another chance to make something of himself...No need to act like he has no chance of ever amounting to anything after only 2 years, thats pretty close minded.
                              Unless the player is Charles Rogers of course

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                                Unless the player is Charles Rogers of course
                                Or Mike Williams. Stupid Millen. Actually Rogers was on the team for 3 years. 2 years on IR.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information