Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcons release Jimmy Williams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    You act like somebody would sign him to be the savior of their franchise, he would come in somewhere and fight for a roster spot, if he gets signed and cut so what? They didn't blow a 2nd rd pick like ATL did...Everyone would give him a look because he has potential and athletic ability, I can think plenty safeties in the NFL right now who are terrible, he can add depth to a team and you hope for the best.


    We all understand he was cut for a reason, and that he is no longer on the Falcons so you think he is the worst player ever, but when a guy doesn't command alot of money, he is only 2 years into his NFL career, he will get another chance to make something of himself...No need to act like he has no chance of ever amounting to anything after only 2 years, thats pretty close minded.

    No. I think it's funny people are hoping to sign him as if he will be this big contributor. Newsflash. He couldn't even get on the field with the Falcons. How does that work for anyone else?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
      No. I think it's funny people are hoping to sign him as if he will be this big contributor. Newsflash. He couldn't even get on the field with the Falcons. How does that work for anyone else?
      Neither did Brett Favre.


      ha jk.


      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        No. I think it's funny people are hoping to sign him as if he will be this big contributor. Newsflash. He couldn't even get on the field with the Falcons. How does that work for anyone else?
        It's the same deal that happens in the NFL a lot, taking others cast offs and making them work for you. Not saying Jimmy will be a stud elsewhere, but he might suit different places, schemes etc.

        XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

        Comment


        • #34
          I would not mind the Chiefs going after him Greg Wesley will be cut any day now and he would fit in with our youth movement.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
            I would not mind the Chiefs going after him Greg Wesley will be cut any day now and he would fit in with our youth movement.
            You have a ton of young DBs in Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Jarrad Page, Bernard Pollard, and I'm forgetting someone else(you all drafted a safety this year right)

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
              You have a ton of young DBs in Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Jarrad Page, Bernard Pollard, and I'm forgetting someone else(you all drafted a safety this year right)
              Dajuan Morgan from North Carolina State.
              Last edited by Splat; 06-17-2008, 05:45 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                Atlanta should have had a complete secondary with a good FS Williams and 2 good corners in Houston and Hall and 2 of the three won't be on the roster LOL.

                Their LDE won't even be a DE for much longer, instead he'll be a crappy DT.

                Life if good for Panthers fans.

                Comment


                • #38
                  6-6 300 lbs. Geez, Jamal Anderson should get cut or maybe the Falcons should try running some 3-4 looks.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I hope someone in the falcons scouting department was fired when this happened.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ds-to-waivers/

                      looks like his ties to Jim Mora and the Rams VP make Seattle and St. Louis possible landing spots.

                      He' certainly cheap enough too. $445k this season is all it would cost someone

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                        It's the same deal that happens in the NFL a lot, taking others cast offs and making them work for you. Not saying Jimmy will be a stud elsewhere, but he might suit different places, schemes etc.

                        He didn't fit into Mora's scheme which was more of a zone type of scheme. He didn't fit in with Zimmer's which was more of a man-man type. Now he finally didn't fit into a cover 2 defense. I'm not sure how many more options there are.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Man this is disappointing.. I really wanted him to be a Cowboy when he came out.

                          Is the fact that he's overweight what makes him "slow"? If i remember correctly he ran low 4.4's coming out.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            No. I think it's funny people are hoping to sign him as if he will be this big contributor. Newsflash. He couldn't even get on the field with the Falcons. How does that work for anyone else?
                            So what, your being naive if you believe a guy who has played 2 years, and switched positions each year, has no remote chance to become a solid player in this league...I mean come on, do you mean to tell me if one team cuts you, there is no chance to suceed anywhere else? That doesn't make sense because it happens all the time...Its not like he has had 3-4 years in one position, or hell even system for that matter, he is still learning...Obviously he has other issues like weight and motivation, but do you think he should just sign up for the CFL now, i mean it didn't work for the Falcons so he has 0% chance of being sucessful somewhere else right?


                            I mean, if Ryan Grant couldn't work out for the Giants who just lost Tiki Barber, why would he suceed in Green Bay? Do you know how many guys I could use that same scenario with? We get he was a bust and sucked for you guys, but its silly to act like nobody should give him a shot, its not like his salary is sky high.





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                              http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ds-to-waivers/

                              looks like his ties to Jim Mora and the Rams VP make Seattle and St. Louis possible landing spots.

                              He' certainly cheap enough too. $445k this season is all it would cost someone

                              Thats my point, 445K, thats it, for a guy who has played 2 years with boatloads of potential, so what if he doesn't pan out on his 2nd chance, what did you really lose? Funny because if he were on another team and had bust, the Falcons would of wanted to bring him in for a look for the same reasons, but because he was a bust there, anyone else who brings him in is stupid.





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                                Man this is disappointing.. I really wanted him to be a Cowboy when he came out.

                                Is the fact that he's overweight what makes him "slow"? If i remember correctly he ran low 4.4's coming out.
                                He ran in the 4.4s at 215. His weight is currently more like 230-240, so I'd guess he is slower.


                                Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                So what, your being naive if you believe a guy who has played 2 years, and switched positions each year, has no remote chance to become a solid player in this league...I mean come on, do you mean to tell me if one team cuts you, there is no chance to suceed anywhere else? That doesn't make sense because it happens all the time...Its not like he has had 3-4 years in one position, or hell even system for that matter, he is still learning...Obviously he has other issues like weight and motivation, but do you think he should just sign up for the CFL now, i mean it didn't work for the Falcons so he has 0% chance of being sucessful somewhere else right?


                                I mean, if Ryan Grant couldn't work out for the Giants who just lost Tiki Barber, why would he suceed in Green Bay? Do you know how many guys I could use that same scenario with? We get he was a bust and sucked for you guys, but its silly to act like nobody should give him a shot, its not like his salary is sky high.

                                I'm not saying he shouldn't be given a shot. I thought it was funny that people are expecting him to suddenly reform back to his college self. You want to know what the difference is between him and other guys who get cut and come back and be successful? Work ethic. Most of them work ridiculously hard with determination and motviation just to get a chance and they take advantage. Jimmy has had work ethic and dedication issues since the draft. I really fail to see how he will instantly change.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information