Falcons release Jimmy Williams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kampman for President View Post
    Wasn't he playing safety the last 2 years?
    Yeah, but not good.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      6-6 300 lbs. Geez, Jamal Anderson should get cut or maybe the Falcons should try running some 3-4 looks.
      If he gets cut I'd love to see the giants bring him in, so much potential and with our gaggle of DEs they'd force him to earn his reps.

Comment

I dont think many teams want a player who really cant start at either position, but he'd probably be a more than decent backup, probably a pretty good NB.

Comment

Oh yeah, a Cover 2 team should def. try him at CB.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

He's messed up physically and mentally, idk if he can ever come back and be good... but im hoping he does. He deserves another shot and he'll get it. He needs to get his head in check.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
            Originally posted by fenikz
            we all hate you

Comment

As a 49ers fan, I wouldnt mind seeing them put in a claim for him and if we get him, the worse thing that could happen is that he would just be a waste of time and space. Big deal.

Falcons should have just kept him though. He has a cheap salary and it just doesnt make any sense to release him after just two seasons with several coaching changes. I personally would have kept him until his salary jumps into the millions.

Comment

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                As a 49ers fan, I wouldnt mind seeing them put in a claim for him and if we get him, the worse thing that could happen is that he would just be a waste of time and space. Big deal.

Falcons should have just kept him though. He has a cheap salary and it just doesnt make any sense to release him after just two seasons with several coaching changes. I personally would have kept him until his salary jumps into the millions.
                But the last thing you want is to rebuild your team with guys who have poor work ethic (and apparently, I've heard he's got poor work ethic, just read the above posts).

As a Cowboys fan, I can't say I'm interested cuz I feel our defensive backfield is a little crowded at the moment.

But for some other teams, Jimmy Williams is not a bad look. The guy obviously still has talent and still has potential. If a team can work through his problems, he can still develop into a decent starter or a pretty good nickelback. His potential, combined with his cheap salary, means he'll get picked up somewhere. It's a bad time to get signed once you get cut, but I like him going to a place who needs depth or someone rotating corners trying to find that one guy who can step up.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  Faster? The aforementioned article just claimed he was too slow to play CB. Plus one of the main reasons why he fell so far on draft day was poor hip swivel. He's a zone coverage CB or a deep safety. You don't want him guarding anyone man to man
                  exactly, Cover-2/zone dominated schemes might find a great pickup in this kid.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

The Falcons want no part with anymore VT players thats for sure.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I was somewhat PO'd with us taking Johnathan Joseph over him. I liked Joseph a lot but Williams had that top 10 tag on him. I'm an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post

Hell no we dont want him. I thought the guy was problem coming out and he hasnt proved me wrong yet. Favorite part is a 2006 interview he did with Sporting News Draft mag:
                        SN: point at which your be upset your still on the board?
                        JW: I'll be upset if I get past the top 5 (haha sorry dude try #37)
                        SN: biggest misconception about you ?
                        JW: probably my attitude (sorry again but 31 teams passed on you and 1 team cut you for a reason).

Dont need a guy like that thank you
                        Last edited by ninerfan; 06-18-2008, 03:37 AM.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Seahawks have no depth at the FS and as a Hawks fan would love to give him a chance for such a low cost. Mora is our DB coach and future head coach and will see if he gives Jimmy a call.
                          Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                          the only hot actreeses are adult
                          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                          players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                          Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

Imo the work ethic question raised above is a pretty valid one. Lets face it the Falcons acted like punks with mora at the helm it seems they spent a lot of time when he was the HC in brawls with the panthers, titans, eagles and at st louis and thats just to name a few times when mora couldn't control his players.

Under petrino it was just as bad remember the carolina game when hall basically handed carolina 75 yards with stupid penalties and arguing with the ref?

IMO they all point to poor management and leadership. is it really that hard to envision that if he can't stop players from acting like thugs he couldn't stop them from ignoring schedules etc?

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post

Life if good for Panthers fans.
                              Not for long...

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                                Imo the work ethic question raised above is a pretty valid one. Lets face it the Falcons acted like punks with mora at the helm it seems they spent a lot of time when he was the HC in brawls with the panthers, titans, eagles and at st louis and thats just to name a few times when mora couldn't control his players.

Under petrino it was just as bad remember the carolina game when hall basically handed carolina 75 yards with stupid penalties and arguing with the ref?

IMO they all point to poor management and leadership. is it really that hard to envision that if he can't stop players from acting like thugs he couldn't stop them from ignoring schedules etc?

Care to explain how being a thug relates to work ethic? Lazy would probably be a better word, I hate when people throw the word thug around as if it implies to so many different scenarios...Last I checked JW hasn't been arrested or suspended, and the penalties you are talking about are attributed to Hall not Williams...Thug and being lazy don't mean the same thing to me.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information