X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcons release Jimmy Williams

Per Rotoworld:

Falcons released S Jimmy Williams.

Another brutal pick by former GM Rich McKay falls by the wayside. The 2006 second-round round pick was once thought to have top-10 talent, but he's proven too slow to play cornerback and not tough enough to play safety. He should still get a second chance elsewhere.
    That's pretty crazy. I thought he was going to be a good one...

I knew he would bust out, never thought he would be a good player.

Comment

I think it's more of an attitude problem than a physical one.

Comment

If he's still in shape and stuff, I wouldn't mind the Colts taking a flyer on him I guess, he'd be a decent fit I think.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
          If he's still in shape and stuff, I wouldn't mind the Colts taking a flyer on him I guess, he'd be a decent fit I think.
          As a corner or safety?

Comment

ALOT of teams should draw some interest, I don't see why he would clear waivers...I wish we would give him a look at safety for competition at the least, we could use another body and I always loved his athleticism and measurables.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Yeah I think he'll have a new home by the end of the week. 2nd round picks even when busted tend to have enough talent to get a quick 2nd chance

Comment

How was that a brutal pick? Everyone thought Falcon got a steal when they picked him. Wasn't he in the Top-15 in some mock?

Comment

Originally posted by Breaker View Post
                  How was that a brutal pick? Everyone thought Falcon got a steal when they picked him. Wasn't he in the Top-15 in some mock?
                  It's a brutal pick in the sense that he got cut after only two years

Comment

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/A..._Williams.aspx

boy, he only got 2 years of a chance...

Cover 2 teams should jump on him as a CB and any defense could take a good long look at him as a S.

Won't be on the market long I don't think...

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
                      I knew he would bust out, never thought he would be a good player.
                      In hindsight, we are all draft experts.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having him at CB for GB. He is similar player to Flowers, but taller and possibly faster. But I would like it if he went down to 205 instead at 212.

I don't think this is a good cut, in 2 years he was moved and wasn't given a shot to stay at a position, but it does make me wonder why would the Falcons cut him, he is a solid player to have for depth reasons and wasn't costing them much to have him on the roster.
                        Last edited by PACKmanN; 06-17-2008, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                          I wouldn't mind having him at CB for GB. He is similar player to Flowers, but taller and possibly faster. But I would like it if he went down to 205 instead at 212.
                          Faster? The aforementioned article just claimed he was too slow to play CB. Plus one of the main reasons why he fell so far on draft day was poor hip swivel. He's a zone coverage CB or a deep safety. You don't want him guarding anyone man to man

Comment

Was checking up on Falcons board and came across this about Jamaal Anderson...

Steve Wyche reported that Jamal may be moving to DT. And it will probably be his long term position. If he does, who'll start at LE? Moorhead, Chauncey, Bierman, Brandon Miller, or do we sign another DE? And who's going to get reduced playing time at DT? Trey Lewis or Babs? Thoughts?
                            Another bust? ouch.

Comment

The skins still have a huge hole at FS so i would love for us to pick him up.
                              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information