Ahmad Bradshaw behind bars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
    I wish I went to your school. There are a lot of dicks here who'd do that to me. And I've had a lot of ish stolen from me, it sucks and I'm not going to defend theft, but I know a lot of good people who do steal from people they don't know.
    Then in my opinion, they arent good people. Good People dont steal.

Comment

I wish I went to your school. There are a lot of dicks here who'd do that to me. And I've had a lot of ish stolen from me, it sucks and I'm not going to defend theft, but I know a lot of good people who do steal from people they don't know.
      well then you really have to question the 'goodness' of these people you speak of.

i have friends who i know have shoplifted and i always ***** at them to stop. i wouldn't exactly call them the "goodest" people i know as what they are doing is wrong. I chewed them out whenever i found out about because i know its wrong.

but I know id sure as hell rather them swipe some clothes from a big store than just walk into some persons dorm room and take things if i had to pick one. thats just on an even lower level yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
        Then in my opinion, they arent good people. Good People dont steal.
        meh, people's judgement is dependant on what they've grown up experiencing, it's an issue that you try to help them past because you can have good people who steal from those they don't know. Most people in this country engage in theft of some kind.

Comment

meh, people's judgement is dependant on what they've grown up experiencing, it's an issue that you try to help them past because you can have good people who steal from those they don't know. Most people in this country engage in theft of some kind.
          walking into someone elses personal space and taking an object that belongs to them is still wrong-er that downloading music or taking that street sign with a funny name on it in my opinion.

Comment

I don't know why Giants fans are defending someone who stole someone else's property. He bailed on his probation and now is in jail. His fault, he needs to grow up.

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              walking into someone elses personal space and taking an object that belongs to them is still wrong-er that downloading music or taking that street sign with a funny name on it in my opinion.
              I disagree, theft is theft. If take something from someone that they don't want you to take it's wrong, but that alone doesn't make someone a bad person. Ahmad's made some mistakes, he's young, he's learning, he's sefving his time right now and I seriously doubt he'll be suspended unless something major comes out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                I don't know why Giants fans are defending someone who stole someone else's property. He bailed on his probation and now is in jail. His fault, he needs to grow up.
                I'm not defending what he did, I'm defending him.

Comment

Update.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...irms_ther.html

Bradshaw's lawyer confirms there's no new incident
                  by Mike Garafolo
                  Thursday June 19, 2008, 5:12 PM

An incident as a juvenile and a subsequent violation of probation are the reasons Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw has been in jail in Virginia for the past four days, according to a statement released by his lawyer, Charlie Stacy, minutes ago.

"Ahmad Bradshaw is currently serving a 30-day jail sentence in Abingdon Regional Jail in Virginia on a probation violation charged out of the Tazewell County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court," the statement reads. "The underlying charge in this matter stems from an offense that occurred while Mr. Bradshaw was a juvenile. Mr. Bradshaw has not been charged with any offense since being drafted by the New York Giants and is eager to put this matter behind him and be in training for the next season."

The Giants' off-season program concluded last Friday, two days before Bradshaw went to prison "voluntarily," according to Stephen Clear, a deputy superintendant for the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail.

In a statement this afternoon, the Giants said Bradshaw's "situation is not the result of any recent incident. It stems from an issue that occurred prior to Ahmad being drafted by the Giants."

Bradshaw received two years probation for his incident at Marshall, which is located in West Virginia. He was convicted of stealing a video-game system from a fellow student, though he claimed he had permission to borrow the game.

The Giants were aware of Bradshaw's prior transgressions and general manager Jerry Reese told the seventh-round pick he would be on a short leash with the team. Reese said Bradshaw then told him, "I won't let you down."

So far, he hasn't.

Comment

well, i think we all knew about the previous violation, but what i'm interested in is what the subsequent violation is.

if its something little like missing a court ordered meeting or something, then nothing will come of it i don't think. but if he commited some other kind of crime, then he might have to worry about a suspension.

Comment

I gotta say, that update makes no sense...it still doesnt explain why he went to jail. He Voluntarily went to jail because he stole something in college (got probation for it)??????

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                        I gotta say, that update makes no sense...it still doesnt explain why he went to jail. He Voluntarily went to jail because he stole something in college (got probation for it)??????
                        I'm guessing that he violated his parole, realized it and turned himself in before a warrant for his arrest was issued, or before he was brought in on that warrant.

Comment

He was put on probation in college, violated that probation (still in college) and was given a sentence that was suspended until now.

This is what it looks like to me. They probably suspended it so he could work (play in the NFL)

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                            He was put on probation in college, violated that probation (still in college) and was given a sentence that was suspended until now.

This is what it looks like to me. They probably suspended it so he could work (play in the NFL)
                            I guess that makes sense as well although I'd think we'd have heard about that before now.

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post

interesting....that would be kind of strange i would think to suspend it like 2 years though.

they may have suspended it last year because he was a rookie trying to make the team i guess but still....seems odd

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                interesting....that would be kind of strange i would think to suspend it like 2 years though.

they may have suspended it last year because he was a rookie trying to make the team i guess but still....seems odd
                                I would think we would've heard something about that before now if it were true. Although it'd be nice if it were true.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information