Tommie Harris signs 4 year extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
    Harris is a lot younger though and he's only missed 4 games in his four year career. I'd take Harris.
    He missed more than 4 games. He was hurt for our entire SB run.

Comment

When healthy I will take Harris 9/10 times. If you understand the scheme completely then you know.

Unhealthy? Well they both have injury concerns...

Comment

Can't say I agree with what you're saying Bruce. The Bears defense without Urlacher would be a lot worse than the Bears defense without Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
          When healthy I will take Harris 9/10 times. If you understand the scheme completely then you know.

Unhealthy? Well they both have injury concerns...
          Urlacher doesnt really have injury concerns. I like Tommie Harris but Urlacher is a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            Can't say I agree with what you're saying Bruce. The Bears defense without Urlacher would be a lot worse than the Bears defense without Harris.
            An explosive undertackle forces the interior line to come in and sometimes draw a tackle. Forces the QB to a side of the pocket or outside of the pocket where the rush ends can get them. This overall pass rush allows for the corners to stay within their zone where a throw might be forced to.

The mike backer doesn't really fill a role that large. They have to drop back almost like a 3rd safety but the impact within the scheme isn't as large.

It just so happens that these kind of backers are easier to find than these tackles.

edit: basically, a Sapp is harder to find than a Urlacher
            Last edited by Bruce Banner; 06-19-2008, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I dont know guys, when Briggs was hurt Williams did an adequete job of filing in. I think if we didnt have Urlacher, we would still be pretty well off. Move Briggs to the inside, and have Hunter and Williams on teh outsides (if Briggs would be good in the middle). It wouldnt be as strong, but it wouldnt be weak for sure.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
              who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                I dont know guys, when Briggs was hurt Williams did an adequete job of filing in. I think if we didnt have Urlacher, we would still be pretty well off. Move Briggs to the inside, and have Hunter and Williams on teh outsides (if Briggs would be good in the middle). It wouldnt be as strong, but it wouldnt be weak for sure.
                Precisely.
                A dominant and explosive UT will make an entire defense look better. As I said above.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                  He missed more than 4 games. He was hurt for our entire SB run.
                  I'm not sure on total games including the postseason but according to NFL.com he's only missed 4 regular season games in his career.

Comment

Great move by the Bears, cost is very cap friendly and he could of gotten alot more on the market, the smartest thing you could do with a guy like Harris is lock him up before his contract expires...I think he is the most explosive 3 tech in the game, when the guy is healthy I don't think I'd take another tackle out there...Incredible quickness to get into the backfield, and strength to bullrush if need be, you have to double him up every time, its priceless having a guy like him in the middle.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

the only UT or 3-technique that I have seen that was better than Tommie Harris was young Warren Sapp... great signing by the Bears!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

This signing makes me happy. Now get Urlacher and Hester done :)

Comment

You guys think Haynesworth will want (let me rephrase that, of course he wants more) think Haynesworth will expect to get more from the titans, or any team in FA if it gets that far.
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Its a ton of money, but now a days if u have a young player who is top 5 at his position, fact is he probably will get a record deal. Good move by the bears imo, especially because DT are so unpredictable in the draft.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                              You guys think Haynesworth will want (let me rephrase that, of course he wants more) think Haynesworth will expect to get more from the titans, or any team in FA if it gets that far.
                              yup.....thats the way it works now a days. Remember he is a FA too, they locked up Harris early, thats always cheaper. When FA is involved Nate Clements to the niners happens.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

DAMMIT!

i wanted the Giants to nab him. you know how unstoppable our dline would be if we threw Tommie Harris in the middle of it? :(

:(

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information