No announcement yet.

Tommie Harris signs 4 year extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good move on there part they had to keep him.

Comment

Smart move by the Bears, but fortunately for Green Bay they still don't have an offense to worry about

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Love Tommie Harris. He was the guy I wanted if Atlanta didn't take DeAngelo Hall. Now I wish we took Tommie.

Comment

Well at least our defense will still be good for years to come.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Quit bashing Tommy kelly he didn't even start in his natural position because of sapps Rep.
            Tommie Harris: 4 years, 60 games, 139 tackles, 19.5 sacks

Tommy Kelly: 4 years, 49 games, 163 tackles, 13 sacks

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFan View Post
              Quit bashing Tommy kelly he didn't even start in his natural position because of sapps Rep.

What's your point of posting that? Kelly is nowhere near as good as Harris is, stats don't dispute that one way or the other.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Exactly, he didnt even start in his position and get this amount of money

Comment

Constant pressure > Occasional sacks

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                    Exactly, he didnt even start in his position and get this amount of money
                    Hey if it was up to me Kelly would have been starting by week 3 but sapp was on his retirement tour. I got no problem with the Harris contract, i just wish people would stop bashing Kelly and acting like he hasn't been productive. Sure harris is more explosive off the line, but kelly is stronger both have excellent technique. Harris is slightly younger, they both had injury concerns. Harris was picked 14th, while kelly went undrafted.
                    I understand Pass rushing is a premium which makes Harris more valuable.

Comment

I'm glad the bears got Harris, i'm sure they have cap room for Urlacher and hester........Make it happen

Comment

Hey if it was up to me Kelly would have been starting by week 3 but sapp was on his retirement tour. I got no problem with the Harris contract, i just wish people would stop bashing Kelly and acting like he hasn't been productive. Sure harris is more explosive off the line, but kelly is stronger both have excellent technique. Harris is slightly younger, they both had injury concerns. Harris was picked 14th, while kelly went undrafted.
                        Still, u dont no how he is gonna handle Double teams and all this things he didnt have to face. Sure Sapp lost a lot of steps, he still was an above average DT IMO. and it wasnt only his fault that that defense let people run over them all day

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          DAMMIT!

i wanted the Giants to nab him. you know how unstoppable our dline would be if we threw Tommie Harris in the middle of it? :(

:(
                          You jerk, I'm at work and now I've gotta explain to my boss why I creamed my pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                            Still, u dont no how he is gonna handle Double teams and all this things he didnt have to face. Sure Sapp lost a lot of steps, he still was an above average DT IMO. and it wasnt only his fault that that defense let people run over them all day
                            The double teams should be interesting. Hey, i respect sapp for his overall body of work, but he was the worse Player on the line last year. I know you probably don't follow the Raiders but if you want to see how bad sapp was check out the highlights against the Raiders sapp was completly annihilated on the majority of big run plays.
                            http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80344595

While kelly was leading the Dline in tackles until he got injured.
                            The run defense has been horrible since he was traded to the Raiders. Not blaming him directly, usually he made enough plays to offset his weakness but last year he had no strengths. His pass rush was limited (2sacks) and his Run defense was worse than ever.
                            I'm glad he retired and respect his career
                            Last edited by RaiderFan; 06-20-2008, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Kelly doesn't even compare to Harris, end of story.

He doen't even compare to the player Dorsey is going to be either.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                                Kelly doesn't even compare to Harris, end of story.

He doen't even compare to the player Dorsey is going to be either.
                                Is Dorsey even going to training camp?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information