Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaiderFan View Post
    Is Dorsey even going to training camp?
    Sorry, we're not the Raiders who have players hold out into September. And we actually have the cap room since we don't blow our entire cap on overpaid players like another team I know.

Comment

Come on guys, this smack is weak.

Why are we even trying to compare players like Kelly and Dorsey? Truth be told, Kelly probably won't live up to his contract and neither will Dorsey.

One, Kelly hasn't really shown he can dominate this league and that is the kind of contract he got.

Two, Dorsey has to prove he can stay on the field. I don't care if less than $100 of the contract is guaranteed....if you can't play you are worthless.

Also, can we stop trying to compare any of these players to Sapp? He is considered the most dominant interior rusher in history. These players would have to have 10 sacks a year for almost a decade to catch up to him. No chance in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
        Come on guys, this smack is weak.

Why are we even trying to compare players like Kelly and Dorsey? Truth be told, Kelly probably won't live up to his contract and neither will Dorsey.

One, Kelly hasn't really shown he can dominate this league and that is the kind of contract he got.

Two, Dorsey has to prove he can stay on the field. I don't care if less than $100 of the contract is guaranteed....if you can't play you are worthless.

Also, can we stop trying to compare any of these players to Sapp? He is considered the most dominant interior rusher in history. These players would have to have 10 sacks a year for almost a decade to catch up to him. No chance in my opinion.

Dorsey still never missed time despite his injuries so I don't see how staying on the field is an issue for him.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
          Dorsey still never missed time despite his injuries so I don't see how staying on the field is an issue for him.
          When he has to play 16 games against nasty bigger men, he will miss time.

Comment

I`ve been doing a bit of travelling, so this is my first look at NFLDC since March. First thread i click on and i see people claiming linebackers are more important to the tampa 2 than UT`s...Interesting.

I`ll be back to normal posting in September when i get home.

have fun kids

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
              I`ve been doing a bit of travelling, so this is my first look at NFLDC since March. First thread i click on and i see people claiming linebackers are more important to the tampa 2 than UT`s...Interesting.

I`ll be back to normal posting in September when i get home.

have fun kids
              but they are flashy 7-11!!!111!

dey mak entirseppshins!1

Comment

but they are flashy 7-11!!!111!

dey mak entirseppshins!1
                Cato June made entireseppshins, he play good

Comment

When he has to play 16 games against nasty bigger men, he will miss time.
                  I hate when people make assumptions like this when they don't have anything to base it off of so you spout it off like its a fact...As we have seen even the elite DT's of the league can miss a few games(Harris, Haynesworth) so its not like you can pinpoint the guys who will play every game and the guys who miss, and Dorsey's health checked out...You have no clue how many games he will play or when/if he gets hurt, its a crap shoot.

You sound like the same people who assumed Fred Taylor and Clinton Portis were going to get hurt last year and we see how that turned out.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Linebackers for a Tampa-2 are easy to get, but if you have a really good one who fits the system well they can make a defense.

Also, I noticed that Florida St. puts out alot of good cover-2 linebackers:
                    Lawrence Timmons, Ernie Sims, Derrick Brooks and Geno Hayes. Do they run a tampa-2? They also send out some proto-typical tampa-2 DTs and DEs.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                      Linebackers for a Tampa-2 are easy to get, but if you have a really good one who fits the system well they can make a defense.

Also, I noticed that Florida St. puts out alot of good cover-2 linebackers:
                      Lawrence Timmons, Ernie Sims, Derrick Brooks and Geno Hayes. Do they run a tampa-2? They also send out some proto-typical tampa-2 DTs and DEs.
                      Great and intelligent observation on your part. They don't really run a true tampa 2 but they recruit the smaller more athletic backers for sure.

Comment

Two, Dorsey has to prove he can stay on the field.
                        When was the last time Dorsey missed a game, even after an illegal cheap-shot?

Worthless point. "Matt Ryan has to prove he can stay healthy! Darren McFadden, too! And that other guy, what's his name ... Chris Long! Yeah, he looks like a candybone."

Not even close. Sapp had a couple 10+ sack seasons, and both Harris and Dorsey have that potential. They wouldn't need to do that for a decade at all.

When people compare Harris and Dorsey to Sapp, they're talking about the talent and style of play.

Comment

Sapp's sacks per year
                          16.5 (WTF)

I don't think they have a chance. Thats 96.5 sacks.

Comment

we'll see who is better next year.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFan View Post
                              we'll see who is better next year.
                              Between who?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information