Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommie Harris signs 4 year extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tommie Harris signs 4 year extension

    I definetly think he's good enough to get is own thread. NFL Network just reported that he signed a 4 year extension worth $38- 40 mil.


  • #2
    good news for the Bears, he is one of the best DT in the league and he is still young. He is an ideal 3 technique DT and I'm sure he could have had a ton of offers in FA. He would have been in High Demand.
    Last edited by eaglesfan_45; 06-19-2008, 11:22 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      The most explosive undertackle in the league. mini sapp

      which sucks because insider within the bucs say that the Bucs were preparing to offer him something along the lines of 5 years 45 million

      Comment


      • #4
        WOOOOOO!!! Tommie Harris 4 life!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          This is the same thing we have in the Bears forum. Banner, like I said A) We offered more money than what "bucs insiders say" and B) He was still under contract with us, we just extened him.

          Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bearfan View Post
            This is the same thing we have in the Bears forum. Banner, like I said A) We offered more money than what "bucs insiders say" and B) He was still under contract with us, we just extened him.
            bear, those numbers are probably way off. I thought I was in the neighborhood but I wasn't.

            Comment


            • #7
              http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

              link

              Comment


              • #8
                Good extension. Quite reasonable based on other contracts, like Kelly's. Wouldn't mind if Haynesworth got done for a contract like this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                  Good extension. Quite reasonable based on other contracts, like Kelly's. Wouldn't mind if Haynesworth got done for a contract like this.
                  That was my concern, I thought Kelly would really throw off the curve.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Didnt really matter what the numbers were for me. He deserves any kind of contract the Bears would give him. He is one of the top5 defensive guys I would pick if I were starting a franchise. Hes a ******* stud. Wish we had him rather than Hall. :/

                    "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                      Didnt really matter what the numbers were for me. He deserves any kind of contract the Bears would give him. He is one of the top5 defensive guys I would pick if I were starting a franchise. Hes a ******* stud. Wish we had him rather than Hall. :/
                      no doubt. If I was starting a cover 2 he would be #1.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh year, cover 2 corners are easier to find than majority positions IMO. Vasher was a 2nd day pick I believe, Tillman was a 2nd rounder too, and both play exceptionally in the system. Throw in Trumaine McBride who was a later round pick last year for us, who came in and played very well, and it all goes to show that in building the cover 2 you dont have to look far for a CB

                        Originally posted by BeansDooma
                        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Id take Urlacher until Tommie can play a full year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                            Id take Urlacher until Tommie can play a full year.
                            Not to argue about something trivial but a quality undertackle makes the enter cover 2 work. Well a tampa 2 at least.
                            I get what you are saying though.

                            Are most of his injuries minor?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                              Id take Urlacher until Tommie can play a full year.
                              Harris is a lot younger though and he's only missed 4 games in his four year career. I'd take Harris.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information