Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones gearing up for comeback in NFL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/ne...p&type=lgns

SALINE, Mich. (AP)—Kevin Jones darted to the right, planted his foot, pivoted and sprinted back across a patch of grass.

“That is what teams can’t believe I can do,” Jones said Thursday morning after doing a shuttle run in 4.3 seconds.

Soon, NFL teams will get a chance to witness what seems like a remarkable comeback from ACL surgery.

Jones has a workout scheduled for scouts on June 28 in Saline.

New England, Chicago, Green Bay, Tennessee, Tampa Bay, Denver, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Buffalo and the New York Jets are among the teams who have shown interest in Jones.

Talented back who I doubt will ever be a #1 but could profile as a backup/3rd down/change of pace type back.

Comment

from the same article

"Jones is vying for a job along with free agent running backs such as Shaun Alexander, Chris Henry, Ron Dayne and Cedric Benson."

I put him 3rd in that list.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

everything is always fine and dandy in the offseason.

let's see how that body reacts to getting hit in week 1. damaged goods at running back is always a risky investment. id prefer to stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
          from the same article

"Jones is vying for a job along with free agent running backs such as Shaun Alexander, Chris Henry, Ron Dayne and Cedric Benson."

I put him 3rd in that list.
          I'd probably put him ahead of Dayne and Alexander for sure, maybe Benson as well. Isn't Chris Henry a receiver?

Comment

I'm surprised the Bills are interested in him.
            I thought we were set with Lynch, Jackson, and Omon/Wright.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
              I'm surprised the Bills are interested in him.
              I thought we were set with Lynch, Jackson, and Omon/Wright.
              Meh, Bring him to camp see what he's got left, if he's done then cut him there.

Comment

Kevin Jones is, or was, one of the more talented young backs in the league. He was very impressive his rookie/2nd year in the league, i really thought he was going to be something special. He has a great size/speed ratio, and he is really talented, i thought for sure he was going to explode in Martz's offense that year. Of that list, id take him over alexander, dayne, and benson, as I think if he is healthy he has more potential then the lot of them.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Hope he is able to come back and do well he was a very talented young player just didn't like him because he played for the lions. Now that he is not a lion im pull'n for him

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                    Meh, Bring him to camp see what he's got left, if he's done then cut him there.
                    With that many teams interested in him, I dont think he'll come to Buffalo. If he were to come here, he would probably be the #3 back.
                    I could see him going to Chicago because he could fight for the #1 spot right away.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                      I'd probably put him ahead of Dayne and Alexander for sure, maybe Benson as well. Isn't Chris Henry a receiver?
                      At first I thought it was the RB from the Titans but I'm pretty sure they meant Travis Henry.

Comment

I find it hard to believe the Chiefs would want him they all ready have Larry Johnson,Kolby Smith and Jamaal Charles.

Comment

San Diego should be interested. Right now they have no depth behind LT. I shudder at the thought of Darren Sproles being a feature back in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            San Diego should be interested. Right now they have no depth behind LT. I shudder at the thought of Darren Sproles being a feature back in the NFL.
                            He's a nice change of pace back but I agree that it would be problematic if LT got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              Kevin Jones is, or was, one of the more talented young backs in the league. He was very impressive his rookie/2nd year in the league, i really thought he was going to be something special. He has a great size/speed ratio, and he is really talented, i thought for sure he was going to explode in Martz's offense that year. Of that list, id take him over alexander, dayne, and benson, as I think if he is healthy he has more potential then the lot of them.

I agree, he had the total package, great inside and outside runner, receiver out of the backfield, breakaway speed, before injuries started to take their toll I thought he was going to be a star...I would take him over all those RB's on that list, since he will most likely be a 3rd to 4th RB and his carries will be limited I think his potential is higher...No way I'd take Alexander who reminds me of Troy Hambrick at this point of his career.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information