Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Network and ESPN discussing a partnership?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Well they need to hurry up and figure this out before I purchase a dish for no reason...Not having my NFLnetwork this past year killed me, I'm sick of watching baseball highlights on ESPN with no football news.
    I just cant understand that some people in the U.S. missed the games on NFL network last year when us in Canada had all their games on the basic cable...Makes no sense at all and they should do something about it quick.

Comment

If you have an HD TV and don't have DirecTV and you are with a provider that either makes you pay for NFLN or doesn't carry it, you are really wasting your time. Granted, I sell DirecTV for a living, but I am not married to my job and say this as a customer myself: it's the best TV product on the market. Period. I have two HD TV's and 95 HD channels. I have NFLN, NHLN, ESPNNews, ESPNU, CBS College Sports TV all in HD (actually not ESPNU) and I get the Sunday Ticket. It's awesome.

If people want it, the best promotion of the year is starting Tuesday with the NFL Sunday ticket. I think they are doing what they did last year and giving you every channel we have plus the Sunday ticket for 69.99 a month for four months. I probably won't be working with this company a whole lot longer but I can honestly say as a customer I am beyond satisfied.[/commercial]

Comment

Originally posted by Favre4ever View Post
        I just cant understand that some people in the U.S. missed the games on NFL network last year when us in Canada had all their games on the basic cable...Makes no sense at all and they should do something about it quick.
        at least you get something. Out here all we get is the Superbowl on BBC, there's nothing at all on any dutch network. You could go North American Sports Channel, but that kinda blows.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

this will be nice because with cable you get the HD channels for free where i live so it would be nice if they added the NFL Network that would be awsome

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            If you have an HD TV and don't have DirecTV and you are with a provider that either makes you pay for NFLN or doesn't carry it, you are really wasting your time. Granted, I sell DirecTV for a living, but I am not married to my job and say this as a customer myself: it's the best TV product on the market. Period. I have two HD TV's and 95 HD channels. I have NFLN, NHLN, ESPNNews, ESPNU, CBS College Sports TV all in HD (actually not ESPNU) and I get the Sunday Ticket. It's awesome.

If people want it, the best promotion of the year is starting Tuesday with the NFL Sunday ticket. I think they are doing what they did last year and giving you every channel we have plus the Sunday ticket for 69.99 a month for four months. I probably won't be working with this company a whole lot longer but I can honestly say as a customer I am beyond satisfied.[/commercial]
            I would probably agree with that. DirecTV is great. I have Dish Network at the moment and while it's not bad and I get all those sports channels, the customer service isn't as good.

Though I have to say, I have buddies with AT&T UVerse and Verizon Fios and they are by far the best providers I've ever seen for TV. Not to mention they offer great internet service too.

The only downside to those two services are they're not available in a lot of places at the moment.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Just sneaked a peak at the new NFL Sunday ticket offer that starts tomorrow, and it's awesome $74.99/month for 4 months gets you every channel we have, the NFL Sunday ticket and a free HDDVR (they have never been free, and I just paid $199 for one). Such a killer offer considering the Sunday Ticket by itself is like $300 for the season...

Comment

They really are killing people for the NFL Sunday ticket. I mean every game is great, but it's pretty pricey. I'm just happy I get every Giants game here or I'm sure I'd be switching to DirecTV and buying it too.

They will never do it but they could make quite a bit of money by selling games individually for a certain price or you could buy only one teams games for the entire season at a cheaper price.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

I'm a big fan of DirecTV. The initial set up used to be a pain in the ass, but it seems like the hardware is pretty dialed in for HD now. I think I had to change dishes 3 times in 4 years for HD purposes.

DirecTV has tons on HD, and if you are an NFL fan there is nothing like The Ticket. Can't live without it now.
                  "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                    They really are killing people for the NFL Sunday ticket. I mean every game is great, but it's pretty pricey. I'm just happy I get every Giants game here or I'm sure I'd be switching to DirecTV and buying it too.

They will never do it but they could make quite a bit of money by selling games individually for a certain price or you could buy only one teams games for the entire season at a cheaper price.
                    Well they paid something like 1 Billion to get it, so I guess it makes some sense. It breaks down to less than $20 a week to get the Sunday Ticket at home, which is like a one hour bar tab for most people when you think about it.

They don't let you buy one game at a time, but they do let you buy the Ticket one week at a time, but I can assure you it is much more than $20 for that one week (I don't deal with that part because I don't deal with existing customers)...

Comment

Yeah after going to the bars throughout college and in DC for 2 years, this year I finally got Sunday Ticket since I moved out to the Midwest and had to get a dish anyway where I live. And Sunday ticket is amazing. Sit at home with friends, actually hear the game and watch every game in HD with the Superfan. Plus you get the Fantasy Football ticker at the bottom where you program your players into the tv and it tells you every time they get yards or score a td (up to 28 players I think it can track). And then on Tuesdays they show a replay of every teams games not just the ones NFL network chooses. And they just show the plays. Very nice to watch an entire replay of a game in exactly 1 hour. Good for taping too so you don't have to fast forward through anything. Well worth the money. Plus when the Lions aren't playing they have the redzone channel that shows only when teams are about to score and the channel that broadcasts 8 games at once. Truly amazing.

Comment

The fantasy football tools with The Ticket are great. Superfan is the only way to go. Its like flying 1st class, once you've done it you can't go back to coach.
                        "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information