Sporting News: NFC Tight Ends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    The Vikings are still terrible at TE. Shiancoe couldn't catch a cold, Kleinsasser is basically a sixth offensive lineman, and Garrett Mills is barely an NFL player. I still wish we would have taken Carlson, Fred Davis, or Bennett. Not confident about this position at all.
    your team is a TE, and quality qb play away from being a SB team.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      your team is a TE, and quality qb play away from being a SB team.
      All it will take is Tavaris Jackson not giving the ball away on a regular basis to be a feared playoff team. If Dilfer can ride a defense to a Lombardi, I am sure that Jackson can do so.
      While the Vikings D isn't as good as that Ravens' D, they have a much better rushing attack and their offensive line is quite solid.(borderline amazing)
      Also, the TE thing won't be needed if Jackson can mature. The TE is usually a safety valve for a checkdown QB who freaks after his #1 option is covered.
      Last edited by Bruce Banner; 06-23-2008, 09:33 PM. Reason: How did I write game instead of team

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
        All it will take is Tavaris Jackson not giving the ball away on a regular basis to be a feared playoff game. If Dilfer can ride a defense to a Lombardi, I am sure that Jackson can do so.
        While the Vikings D isn't as good as that Ravens' D, they have a much better rushing attack and their offensive line is quite solid.(borderline amazing)
        Im not the biggest Tavaris fan, but he gets way too much criticism. He actually played pretty well later in the season and was making strides.

And he was only in his 2nd season. People need to give young qbs time.

Comment

Highlight reels always tell the story.
          i don't see a highlight reel all i see are actual clips from the games..i could post some of his best games i recorded off of tivo on torrent if u want
          my quick smells like french toast

Comment

Originally posted by nikkayeah View Post
            i don't see a highlight reel all i see are actual clips from the games..i could post some of his best games i recorded off of tivo on torrent if u want
            I could show you videos of him getting hurt and dropping passes but I won't do that either. Those would be actual clips too.

Comment

I could show you videos of him getting hurt and dropping passes but I won't do that either. Those would be actual clips too.
              do dat shiiiieit. show me
              my quick smells like french toast

Comment

Well to all the people that say the 9ers are way too high lets look at some of the people around them

5. BEARS:
                Well Greg Olsen has done nothing to this point and Desmond Clark has not done anything more spectacular than Vernon has to this point. Walker is a better recieving threat than both of them and Bajema is a better blocker than both of them

6. EAGLES:
                Alright we will go right down the depth chart
                Vernon is a better blocker than L.J. will ever be. He has also in his limited time shown more big play potential than him. Kris Wilson probably has the edge over Walker since he is a way better blocker and a more proven pass catcher..today. And Celek and Bajema i say are even since Bajema is a better blocker with Celek the better reciever. There is definitly room for argument on that one.

7. RAMS:
                McMichael's play has really declined so I would say that puts him and Vernon about even. Becht is a good blocker but offers nothing in the passing game. And Klopfenstein has done nothing. So the edge probably goes to the 9ers since they have more to offer in the passing game and equally as much in the run game.

8. PACKERS:
                Alright well Donald Lee is pretty consistant in the passing game and decent in the running game so I would say he is pretty even with Vernon since there receving stats are pretty similar and thats with Vernon missing 3 games. Tory Humphrey has done nothing and niether has Jermichael Finley so the edge in that one goes to the 9ers

9. BUCCANEERS:
                The Bucs might have an edge in this one. Alex Smith today might be a more solid player than Vernon so I will give the edge there. Troupe is a better receiver than any of the other TE's on the 9ers roster. Stevens is too inconsistant Walker who has not even started a game is a more consistant reciever than Stevens. Gilmore and Bajema are pretty close as far as blocking ability goes. But I guess I will give the edge to Tampa in that one.

So looking at it closer the only argument I could see would be for Philly and Tampa Bay to be ahead of them otherwise it looks clear to me that San Francisco is pretty close to where they should be
                Last edited by Menardo75; 06-23-2008, 10:43 PM.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by nikkayeah View Post
                  do dat shiiiieit. show me
                  You fail to see the point I am trying to make.

I am saying that it doesn't have to be a highlight reel that makes player look good...if you show me clips of a player making catch after catch (spectacular or not) it won't prove to me that he is a good player, it will just show me that he has some production.
                  He has dropped balls and he has been injured, yet you fail to mention that when you post "actual clips" of him making catches.

Davis has done absolutely nothing in the NFL and his freakish athletic ability doesn't automatically make him warrant high placement when you compare him to other tight ends in the NFC.

A small sample size of plays means nothing.

Comment

And bill parcells told cooley he wouldnt be anything more than a 3rd string TE in the NFL....
                    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                      And bill parcells told cooley he wouldnt be anything more than a 3rd string TE in the NFL....
                      Reverse psychology.

Comment

Oh and how can you compare who is a better all around tight end between Shockey and Cooley. Shockey has'nt blocked anyone since he left the U
                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Reverse psychology.
                          well it worked
                          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            Oh and how can you compare who is a better all around tight end between Shockey and Cooley. Shockey has'nt blocked anyone since he left the U
                            Are you ******* kidding me? Shockey has evolved into one of the top 5 blocking TEs in the league, if not top 3.

That's an interesting spelling of hasn't. Never seen that one before. But yes, Shockey is now a tremendous blocker.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              Are you ******* kidding me? Shockey has evolved into one of the top 5 blocking TEs in the league, if not top 3.

That's an interesting spelling of hasn't. Never seen that one before. But yes, Shockey is now a tremendous blocker.
                              It is like a stereotype.
                              If a guy has an attitude and has rare athletic ability on offense, he won't block....Obviously at skill positions only.
                              Shockey is a tremendous athlete and he has a slight (ok huge) swagger but he is a true competitor.
                              This false reputation as an incompetent blocker is simply a stereotype.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                                you are so ignorant.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information