Where does clements rank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does clements rank?

I live in toronto and saw him play this year. He seemed like a shutdown CB. He was on fire for the games i watched (watched about 12 games, didnt see some due to blackout). Id say based on last season he was top 5. But where would he rank based on his entire career's worth or work?

Edit- i know he isnt worth his contract. Im talking about on the field play, just to clarify.
    Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 03-03-2007, 12:54 AM.

Well he isn't the best CB in the league and thats how they are paying him.

Sig by Kramer

Comment

Not ranked 8 years 80 million dollars, lol that's for sure. He's not ranked #1 all time, even though that's what his contract says. lol

Comment

He is somewhere in the 4-7 range.
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Hes definetely a top 10 CB, maybe even a top 5 CB. No he isnt the top CB or the best defensive player, which is how he is getting paid but the fact is the paydays get bigger every year and with all the cap room teams have you had to know he was gonna get a major payday. I still think its a good signing for the 49ers because they filled a big need and got a great player, even if they did have to pay a lot for him.

Comment

Top 3 or 4 CB in the league. I would only put Champ and McClaister above at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
              He is somewhere in the 4-7 range.
              That's about where I put him. He's a very solid cover corner, but he's getting overpaid a bit. I expected him to. I couldn't imagine if Asante Samuel had hit the market, in my opinion he was the better option. He has been the superior player the past two years, as well as the younger player.
              Last edited by Shiver; 03-03-2007, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Bailey

McCalister
                Clements
                Hall
                Samuels
                Newman
                Bly

Comment

Clements is great, but that contract is beyond stupid.

Sure, they've got the room for it right now.... but it'll be interesting to see how the Clements contract affects them 3-4 years down the road, when it comes time to re-sign key players guys like Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, etc., and Clements is taking up one tenth of the team's entire salary cap.

Comment

Originally posted by zoinks View Post
                    Clements is great, but that contract is beyond stupid.

Sure, they've got the room for it right now.... but it'll be interesting to see how the Clements contract affects them 3-4 years down the road, when it comes time to re-sign key players guys like Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, etc., and Clements is taking up one tenth of the team's entire salary cap.
                    Umm, hello! Smith/Davis/Lawson/Moore are already signed for another 5 years. Niners still have 25+ million in cap room. Getting an extension done with Gore will be no problem for them.

Learn how the cap works please!

Comment

Clements is a good corner, very good, but I dont even consider him "great", and nowhere near the elite corners in the game, like Champ. I remember two years ago when Chris Chambers torched him for over 200 yards and 3 TDs in a single game. People give Fred Smoot grief for getting smoked by Steve Smith, and rightly so, but Clements got toasted even worse. The 49ers sure do like overpaying for players from Buffalo. Remember Jonas Jennings... How'd he work out???

Comment

Not 8 year, 80 million dollar with 22 million guaranteed worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by jkb528 View Post
                          Clements is a good corner, very good, but I dont even consider him "great", and nowhere near the elite corners in the game, like Champ. I remember two years ago when Chris Chambers torched him for over 200 yards and 3 TDs in a single game. People give Fred Smoot grief for getting smoked by Steve Smith, and rightly so, but Clements got toasted even worse.
                          He had a really poor '05. I think it's because he became complacent, knowing he was going to be tagged by the team. Once he knew he was going to make a big deal, he stepped his game back up.

Comment

Obviously besides Champ, Clements is one of the best CBs in the league. I'd put him behind Cmac and Newman.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                              Not 8 year, 80 million dollar with 22 million guaranteed worthy.
                              Once again, since you people can't comprehend this, the contract is 6 years 45 million w/ 22 guaranteed. Clements will not see years 7 and 8.

Someone pin this

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information