Clear All

It doesn't change my views of Bradshaw

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Does anyone even care at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
        Does anyone even care at this point?
        it's NFL-related news... plus it's slow these days. It's interesting though, since it was legal back then, you gotta wonder why Bradshaw 'admitted' to it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
          about half the 70s steelers took roids
          Dude, they took it when it was legal to do so! Steelers aint cheetahs! Belichik is a cheetah and so is michael vick for making his dogs cheat and kill the dogs of other people who were also of dog type people.

The Steelers of the 70s = Greatest dynasty evaaar!

This is like saying that barry bonds of the pirates was a cheetah! He was clean when he was in pittburgh because we like rules. San Francisco ruined him because of liberals!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
            I wouldn't call it an issue when it's being prescribed legally by doctors.
            I would call it an issue given all the problems that the drugs can do when they are misused by the ignorant and overused by people trying to get an edge. Osteoporosis, arthritis, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, etc. It was legal, but it was creating problems for the players. Part of the reason why the NFL started testing and continues to do so.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Small testes = Multiple divorces

Comment

we don't know which type of roids he took

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  Small testes = Multiple divorces
                  hahah That is true then again maybe he did use anabolic roids

Comment

I find a lot of this laughable. Steroids were OK then but not OK now? Lame. I don't care about the rules, it's the same stuff. How can you hold one group to one standard, and someone like Shawn Merriman and Barry Bonds to another?

Comment

all the 'roiding is probably why so many people on that team are dead.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                        I find a lot of this laughable. Steroids were OK then but not OK now? Lame. I don't care about the rules, it's the same stuff. How can you hold one group to one standard, and someone like Shawn Merriman and Barry Bonds to another?
                        because they're looking out for their health, I suppose.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

If I was admitting to this, I'd release a proper statement detailing exactly what happened. No just say "i done roids"

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                            are you kidding? we should hold all players ever accountable to the standards of today? maybe we should really re-think night train, i mean, with his style of play he would've had literally thousands of personal fouls and pass interference calls. who cares what the rules were then. or deacon jones? maybe we should retroactively punish him because now head slapping is against the rules?

you've said a lot of questionable things, but this is ridiculous and borderline pathetic. i can certainly think bradshaw is an even more crappy quarterback than i thought he was before i know he took roids, but suggesting that we should hold him to a different standard in any other way because the rules changed? get real. that may be the stupidest load of crap i've seen on this board in a really long time.
                            What is the difference between taking a performance enhancing drug then or now? Does it not have the same effect? The rules are irrelevant. If you are going to be morally outraged at Shawn Merriman for doing the same thing someone else did in the 70's, in this case Terry Bradshaw, what's the difference? It used to be legal to own black people and make them work for free, so it must have been OK, right?

You just proved my point in saying that you can now think differently of Terry Bradshaw. That was exactly my point. I don't care about the rules, it is what it is. I just don't understand how someone can say "I don't care if he did it" and then talk crap about Barry Bonds.

I don't even have a problem with the line of thinking behind why Bradshaw did it, but I am intentionally avoiding that part of the topic because god forbid we bring up another player that claimed the same thing. As a matter of fact, there are a lot of things I find hilarious about the reaction, but again, we don't want to go there.

But that's not the point. It's wrong to do performance enhancing drugs like steroids. Period. They knew it was wrong then just the same as they know it is wrong now, and that is all there is to it. The league turned a blind eye to a lot of things back then, and that doesn't make it right.

Comment

So then again, by your logic, it was OK for blacks to be taken in as slaves. It used to be OK to put stick em on your palms to try and help you catch a ball. It was shady before it was against the rules and it was no more or less after. Rules aren't made or changed until a reason is presented for the change. It's a classic case of cause and effects.

It has always been wrong to do steroids. Those guys knew what they were doing was wrong then and they did it anyway, just like they know it is wrong now and do it anyway. And who knows what would have happened if they didn't. Would the Steelers have won all those Super Bowls? How do you know the playing field was level then? We'll never know.

But hey, apparently it took a rule/law to tell us that it's not OK to segregate the school system, so it must have been morally OK when they did it and those laws weren't there...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                                So then again, by your logic, it was OK for blacks to be taken in as slaves.
                                Stopped right there. Not touching this one...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information