Sporting News: NFC Wide Receivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
    Not dead last baby thats what im talkin about! :)
    Vernon Gholston at WR would have made the 49ers a top-5 group!

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
      I think it's pretty clear the top tier in the NFC, in terms of wide receivers, consists of Detroit, Arizona, and Green Bay (that's the order in which I would rank them).

After that, there's a noticable gap to the second tier imo, but I definitely put the Giants as the lead at #4.

so you think

CJ > Fitz
      &
      Williams > Boldin?

neither of those make sense

Furrey is probably only slightly better than Breaston and Doucet looks like he is gonna be a steal already.

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      well.....yeah, could be nice but.
      I really like Arizona's WR corps but Kurt Warner is probably only going to go downhill from here and Leinart has yet to show that he's going uphill at all...
      Well except that everyone has said that Leinart is improving tremendously even his new buddy Joe Montana

Comment

I agree with the original poster in the assesment that the Eagles should move from 6 to 9.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          so you think

CJ > Fitz
          &
          Williams > Boldin?

neither of those make sense

Furrey is probably only slightly better than Breaston and Doucet looks like he is gonna be a steal already.
          Perhaps he means CJ+Williams+Furrey+McDonald>Fitz+Boldin+Doucet+Breaston

I don't know, but thats my assumption. It is definitely between the Lions and Cards IMO, but the Pack is close too. This may come back to bite me in my a**, but Jon Kitna is playing better than Warner or Leinart. I know that this list isn't supposed to judge the QB, but the QB does come into factor a little bit in this list, that is why I think teams like the Eagles and Saints are higher than they shoudl be, and also why the bears are last (though the really do have the worst WR corp anyway, IMO).

Comment

The Eagles were ranked way too high. Outside of Curtis they have a bunch of guys that are barely a good 3 on most good teams.

Comment

Yea, but i see/saw some potential in Avant. Brown is alright. They really shouldve taken Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas, or maybe even James Hardy. Those guys have #1 or #2 potential.

Comment

How the **** are the Eagles at 6? Curtis had 1,100 yards and 981 of them came against Detroit. He's not a #1. Brown is adequate at #2, though he does disappear a lot and struggles with press coverage. Jason Avant is criminally underused. The man will catch anything thrown in the same zip code as him. But he's better suited as a #3.

Comment

I do think we should see more of Avant, at least I want to see more anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                    Yea, but i see/saw some potential in Avant. Brown is alright. They really shouldve taken Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas, or maybe even James Hardy. Those guys have #1 or #2 potential.
                    If DeSean Jackson reaches his full potential he could definitely be a #1, he is much better than Steve Smith was coming out. Not saying he will be the next Steve Smith by any means but if he can be anything close like I think he can be than he will be a beast. I'm also not saying this is a reason they should be #6 because it isn't based on potential.

Comment

I'm an Eagles fan, and I don't know about Jackson being better than Smith coming out. But I was a big Smith fan last year, so who knows. Yeah JAckson could be our #1 eventually, but that is if we continue to have the same type of WRs we hav enow.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                        If DeSean Jackson reaches his full potential he could definitely be a #1, he is much better than Steve Smith was coming out. Not saying he will be the next Steve Smith by any means but if he can be anything close like I think he can be than he will be a beast. I'm also not saying this is a reason they should be #6 because it isn't based on potential.
                        He's going to need to eat a lot of burgers before he can think of becoming a #1.

Comment

I'd have Atlanta at 8th over New Orleans but I agree with the overall assessment.

Owner of ScarDraft
                          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            He's going to need to eat a lot of burgers before he can think of becoming a #1.
                            True. I'm not even saying that it's likely, but like you said if he gets his weight up and works hard enough at it, he definitely has the natural ability to at least be a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
                              Told you Zona had the best WR corps.

Basically 1 WR has New Orleans in the top 10. That's insane.
                              Being in the top 10 out of 16 isn't that impressive.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                              The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                              I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

panthers should be above the eagles (as should some other teams) but apart from that the list doesn't look that bad.

i remember last year sporting news did these and they would have a top 5 list right next to the main list. anyone got that? i wanna see where they rank smith

Edit: Just found it

1. Terrell Owens, Cowboys
                                2. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
                                3. Plaxico Burress, Giants
                                4. Steve Smith, Panthers
                                5. Marques Colston, Saints

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information