Brandon Marshall facing suspension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njx9
    if this has any degree of truth, i hope we cut him immediately. we're going to suck with or without him and it'd be great if we didn't have morons like this on the team anymore.
    I wouldn't quite be at that level, but it's refreshing to see a fan of a team not come in and blindly defend a player and actually make some sense. As I alluded to, I wouldn't want rid of Marshall completely if I was a Broncos fan, but I'd sure pray the knucklehead gets his crap together and finally stops being a moron off the field.

Comment

if this has any degree of truth, i hope we cut him immediately. we're going to suck with or without him and it'd be great if we didn't have morons like this on the team anymore.
      I hope you cut him as well. Cut him and let someone else take advantage of his talent

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        He's another Antonio Bryant.
        Except Marshall actually translated his talent on the field at one point. Bryant never had a year like Marshall just had, but then again, Bryant has never had a decent QB in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Except Marshall actually translated his talent on the field at one point. Bryant never had a year like Marshall just had, but then again, Bryant has never had a decent QB in his career.
          Bryant could have been a very special player. Hell, early reports out of Bucs camp is that he has a solid chance at starting this year. If he kept his head on straight, he could have been fantastic.

You're right in saying he has never had a QB. He has put up some very good numbers with sub par QBs. He never had a season like Brandon's last year but, 1,000+ w/ the Browns wasnt bad at all and he was leading the nfl in receiving for several weeks, before getting banged up in 06. He's just another one of those guys...all the talent in the world but, no brain to speak of.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 06-26-2008, 06:21 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

"sure the guy's apparently a massive douchebag, allegedly beats his wife and may be suspended for up to a year with one more mishap, but if it's all true, i REALLY hope we add him to our team."

what, are you a bengals fan?
            Yes. I'm a Bengals fan. I hope he goes to Cincinnati and continues the great chemistry they have built on that team.

Jared Allen is also facing a one year suspension if he gets popped one more time, and everyone praised the Vikings for making such a bold move. Because his problems were alcohol related, does that make him any less of a douche?

Comment

Bryant could have been a very special player. Hell, early reports out of Bucs camp is that he has a solid chance at starting this year. If he kept his head on straight, he could have been fantastic.

You're right in saying he has never had a QB. He has put up some very good numbers with sub par QBs. He never had a season like Brandon's last year but, 1,000+ w/ the Browns wasnt bad at all and he was leading the nfl in receiving for several weeks, before getting banged up in 06. He's just another one of those guys...all the talent in the world but, no brain to speak of. haha.
              Classic million dollar talent, two cent brain.

He does have the talent to be a #1 somewhere, but he has just never been able to put it together. If he comes out and succeeds in Tampa, good for him, maybe that'll be the day he decides to cash in that check that was given to him with that talent. Although Jeff Garcia is nothing to brag about..

Comment

Damn. I have Jay Cutler on 2 of my FF teams.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

i don't recall the post you originally quoted of mine (or any subsequent post) having anything to do with jared allen. as far as i'm concerned, my opnion of jared allen is irrelevant, considering that we're discussing the fact that YOU have no problem picking up an (if guilty) criminal just because he's a decent player.
                  Should everybody charged with a crime not be allowed to work?

Comment

if his girlfriend falsely claimed abuse what would happen to her? If she was that desperate, why didnt she just stay with him?

Comment

please look into hooked on phonics.
                      What are you talking about? My point is that somebody shouldn't be dismissed as a human being because they broke the law. There are plenty of criminals in the USA and there's no reason that they should be completely ostracized and not allowed to work.

Instead of attacking people njx9, why don't you try to understand their argument, or would that ruin your e-reputation? I guess your moderator status puts you above the rest of the members here because you seem to have no problem posting personal attacks.

Comment

If he kept his head on straight, he could have been fantastic.
                        The Niners thought the same thing but he just couldn't. I hate to say it but I don't think he's going to keep it together. The guy is a complete headcase and it's really sad.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

there was no personal attack whatsoever in any comment in this thread. please feel free to identify any statement you thought was.

further, if you wanted to discuss a past criminal's right to work (which i have ONLY discussed in relation to the NFL) you should've said so. instead you said "charged with" implying "not found guilty of". if you want me to respond to an "argument" you should actually make it in the first place.

finally, no, i have no problem with brandon marshall going to work at a local DQ, if guilty, and i don't see anywhere where i even remotely suggested that i might. i do have a serious problem with the nfl refusing to police itself outside of a very few high-profile cases.
                          How about the part where you implied I can't read? That phonics comment is something you would hear on a school playground.

Why shouldn't an employer have the choice of who they want to hire, criminal or not? Should Carmello Anthony be cut by the Nuggets because he DUIed? Should a lawyer be disbarred for the same thing? People make mistakes, get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                            if his girlfriend falsely claimed abuse what would happen to her? If she was that desperate, why didnt she just stay with him?
                            If it turns out that she is lying nothing will probably happen, in a rare case she may get charged for filing a false police report but that doesn't happen to often. Sadly in America to day all a girl has to say is "that man hit me" and whether or not she is telling the truth the man will be arrested. Not gonna lie kinda messed up.

But even if she drops the charges and says she was lying he will still be guilty in the public eye for the most part

Comment

your reading ability was quite clearly in question, i suggested a reasonable solution.

saying "please learn how to read" is not at all the same as saying "you dumb**** what a stupid ****ing comment, why don't you go ***** **** ***** ******?"

suggesting they are again implies an utter lack of reading comprehension. on the other hand, maybe you just need a thicker skin.

where did i say they don't? yet AGAIN you utterly fail to read something i've posted:

i've also talked about how, as long as fans don't care and still blindly support these idiots, nfl players will continue to get arrested and make stupid decisions.

none of this was difficult to find or interpret. you've willfully chosen, at EVERY point in this thread to either not read or completely misinterpret what have been pretty obvious statements. i stand by my suggestion that you have no reading ability whatsoever and strongly suggest that you address that before posting in the future. i'm sick of re-quoting things i've already said because you couldn't figure them out the first 3-4 times i said them.
                              It's OK njx9. You are still loved by the 16 year olds of NFLDC.

Comment

by which you mean: gosh, you're right, i utterly failed at reading every single thing you said and have no response other than some chilidish bull****. why even bother posting if this is the best argument you can make? why even involve yourself in this thread?
                                To add my thoughts on the situation, the same reason you posted I'm assuming.

I liked your very mature "hooked on phonics" comment. I'm going to tell my niece that one to use on the playground.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information