Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Marshall facing suspension

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks...-Marshall.html

There is more trouble surrounding Brandon Marshall.

The Denver Post is reporting that the Broncos' receiver was arrested in March after an alleged domestic dispute. It was Marshall's third arrest in less than 12 months. The first arrest, also a domestic charge, was dismissed.

One has to wonder about Marshall, who is clearly one of the NFL's brightest young stars on the field. Yet, Marshall is growing an off-field resume to rival the league's most-troubled players.

Marshall will be suspended for at least a game or two if he is convicted of his drunken driving trial -- set for September -- or for this latest arrest.

Marshall is an enigma for Denver's brass. He is immensely talented but the trouble is stacking up.

The Broncos are counting on Marshall. Along with quarterback Jay Cutler, he is the team's ticket to success in the next several years. But this latest arrest is another sign counting on Marshall may lead to disappointment.

Character is becoming increasingly important. Teams simply can't afford to invest in players who are likely to get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      if this has any degree of truth, i hope we cut him immediately. we're going to suck with or without him and it'd be great if we didn't have morons like this on the team anymore.
      The Bucs would take him off of your hands. We'd toss in a 5th just for kicks.

Comment

Yeah if you don't want him we will be a great 9er :)
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

I was browsing through PFT and I saw this snipit.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9686832

Apparently Brandon Marshall was arrested in March for battery. I have no idea whether or not others have heard about this or not. This makes it 3 arrests over the course of 12 months. That's quite a lot IMVHO. This may be why Jay Cutler was saying that Marshall is not his favorite person a few months ago. There are some guys (myself included) who take great exception to a guy who hits a woman.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
            I was browsing through PFT and I saw this snipit.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9686832

Apparently Brandon Marshall was arrested in March for battery. I have no idea whether or not others have heard about this or not. This makes it 3 arrests over the course of 12 months. That's quite a lot IMVHO. This may be why Jay Cutler was saying that Marshall is not his favorite person a few months ago. There are some guys (myself included) who take great exception to a guy who hits a woman.
            It's a total classless act. The Broncos used to be so deep at WR and now without Marshall their kind of stuck.

Comment

i like the kid, hope this changes his attitude.

Comment

I don't recall any character concerns coming up during the draft process on this kid. One of the receivers I admire most in the game today and I hope he gets his act together and continues to show the same kinda promise that lead to his monster season last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                  Character is becoming increasingly important. Teams simply can't afford to invest in players who are likely to get into trouble.
                  I agree. As a fan, this is one of the most important aspects to me when evaluating a player.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

what a douche
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

so, who will Cutler throw to? Darrell Jackson? that sucks.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Sammie Parker!!!!!!!!!!

So much for 100 receptions for Marshall.
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Seems like Marshall may never get his life together but he is so talented and can be a huge star in this leauge i hope that he does get his life together before it's to late for him to salvage his career

Comment

He is one arrest away from facing an 8-16 game suspension more then likely after all these...He will have to be on his best behavior as well, I'm rooting for him because of what I think he can become but it doesn't look good that its starting to add up.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

He's another Antonio Bryant.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information