Worst FA move?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocco31fb View Post
    Langston Walker will do well in Buffalo. You can stamp that as a guarentee.

Oakland sucks and everyone that goes there will do, and has done, poorly.
    Atleast since they went to the Super Bowl

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Dockery isn't a bad player, but that contract was completely absurd. Steinbach is better and he didn't even come close to deserving that much money, and Dockery got just as much. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        We're seeing "market value" being completely re-written. With all the extra money teams have now, it's like they really don't care how much they spend on a player, as long as they get him.

It'll be a huge problem once player contracts escalate to the point where small market teams can no longer compete for players' services.
        if there weren't a cap. these teams are just shooting themselves in the face down the line when they want to resign their players who are actually good.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
          I've got to go with the amount of money these mid-tier free agents are being paid. This kind of free spending is reminds me of baseball monopoly money spending is bound to cause headaches down the road. I mean Steve Hutchinson got a huge contract and yet some complained that it was too much, and now Dockery is making more then him? Nate Clements is getting QB type of money? How did he become worth more then Champ Bailey and Chris McAlister? Ovie Mughelli is now worth more then Lorenzo Neal, and after a half year as the starting fullback? Also its mind boggling that money is getting tossed around willy nilly and we're not complaining about Daniel Snyder as the one responsible? It is a strange time to be a football fan...
          Amen, Its getting really crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
            if there weren't a cap. these teams are just shooting themselves in the face down the line when they want to resign their players who are actually good.
            Well, yeah, but that pretty much goes without saying. That's been a problem with free agency since its inception.

As long as the salary cap keeps rising proportionally with player contracts (which it should), then staying under the cap shouldn't be big deal for any teams anymore. The big deal is figuring out how the small market teams, who often make $100 million less in profit than some of the large market teams can't pony up the money to even sign their own players, let alone other free agents.

Comment

We're only day into free agency and there's already a discussion on worst FA signings.

Comment

"Langston Walker will do well in Buffalo. You can stamp that as a guarentee."

Based on what? Anyone can make a blanket statement guaranteeing whatever pops into their head. Noone will even remember your guarantee in a week from now and by week 5 of the regular season you'll be calling for his head.

Comment

just so you guys know, the clements deal is totally backloaded. there is an option in the sixth year so the deal is more like

6 years $44 million

Comment

Michael Lewis.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
                      just so you guys know, the clements deal is totally backloaded. there is an option in the sixth year so the deal is more like

6 years $44 million
                      that's less overwhelming. Still. His Madden value just went down a very steep hill. :P

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        We're seeing "market value" being completely re-written. With all the extra money teams have now, it's like they really don't care how much they spend on a player, as long as they get him.

It'll be a huge problem once player contracts escalate to the point where small market teams can no longer compete for players' services.
                        yea im sick of the yankees and red sox getting every......

o wait we are talking about the NFL?? the money being spent on second tier guys is ridiculous. you could get a tackle in the third round that has more upside than langston walker and would probably be a better starter as a rookie and would be $20 million cheaper...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                          The saints not wanting Horn back, just completely classless after all that he did for that city and team. No way would they have gone as far as they did without his leadership. Dont know why Payton had such a problem with him locker-rooms need men like that.
                          What was classless was Horn slamming the organization when he left...

losing a 34 year old WR, who struggled with injuries the past 2 seasons, and whose production was declining is not a huge loss...

he wasn't the emotional leader people make him out to be.

Comment

People need to realize how much the contracts actually are. The players won't see most of that money. Just like when all the rookies got HUGE contracts last year they weren't really that big because that is the most money they can see, but they won't get see most of it. The deals are pretty crazy because of the signing bonuses but they aren't anywhere near as bad as people are making it seem.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

hmm there were some pretty terrible moves, let me start with the cuts. Joe Horn shouldnt have been cut and i think it will affect the saints, marques colston cant do everything by himself. i also think joey porter getting cut was a stupid move, they couldve cut hines ward and signed maybe donte stallworth or somn like that, on that note the pats shouldve went after joey porter over at, even though at may be the most versatile defender in the league. the worst signings so far are nate clements, he is good but 80 MILLION dollars? thats a bit much... champ bailey is only getting what 50-60 million and clements is not even an elite corner like champ is. im not sure if its 100% true, but the bucs signing jeff garcia AND trading for plummer is ridiculous, the only way i will let them live this down is if they get calvin johnson in the 1st and troy smith later.

on a positive note, the BEST FA move would probably be eric steinbach to cleveland. im not sure what the exact contract was, but the browns have a lot of cap and are really turning in to an all pro OL (l.bentley and e. steinbach). lets hope he isnt lost in training camp... I also like the aggresiveness of my team, the broncos. getting dre' bly is gonna be huge, and dan wilkinson was big. even if dan wilkinson is only situational he will have an impact.
                              Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
                              I smoke ten blunts before lunch
                              Gucci Mane

Comment

Thank you, DG. Anybody remember the Nate Burleson deal last year?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information