Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 50 NFL Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Happy to see four Vikings on there. I think Tony Romo should have made the top 50.


    http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by wicket View Post
      If I'm not mistaking Sanders was last years defensive MVP, kinda makes a point of him being one of the defensive guys around full stop, not saying that he couldn't be lower but waying its strange is pushing it way to far. Also I want to stress as said before that Brees could probably rise a couple of places IMO. Mainly though I just thought that Osi got way to little love and that the pats perhaps had a bit to much love
      Ware, Allen, Kevin/Pat/Mario Williams, Kerney, and even Trent Cole had an argument over Sanders...and I think most of those guys (Ware, Allen, Kerney esp) had better overall seasons than Sanders.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
        Happy to see four Vikings on there. I think Tony Romo should have made the top 50.
        I like romo a lot and I think he's a very productive QB but I doubt I'd want him running my 2 minute drill in the playoffs or superbowl.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
          I like romo a lot and I think he's a very productive QB but I doubt I'd want him running my 2 minute drill in the playoffs or superbowl.
          I like how everybody harps on that so much, but since when do you judge a QB on how he fares his 1st two trips to the playoffs in his 1st two years starting? Hell how did Peyton manning look his 1st two trips to the playoffs? How about Eli? People act like Romo is a 10 year vet sometimes whose been to the playoffs countless times, his first playoff trip he didn't even start the year as the starter, this past year he looked alot better then people give him credit for which shows some people just didn't watch the game...Crayton screwed up a would be TD, same with Curtis, Romo made some bad decisions on his own of course he wasn't perfect, but he played good enough for us to win the game, once guys started dropping passes he started to force throws...Either way its too early in his career to be making statements like these, unless Cowboys players get held to a different standard then other QB's.





          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            I like how everybody harps on that so much, but since when do you judge a QB on how he fares his 1st two trips to the playoffs in his 1st two years starting? Hell how did Peyton manning look his 1st two trips to the playoffs? How about Eli? People act like Romo is a 10 year vet sometimes whose been to the playoffs countless times, his first playoff trip he didn't even start the year as the starter, this past year he looked alot better then people give him credit for which shows some people just didn't watch the game...Crayton screwed up a would be TD, same with Curtis, Romo made some bad decisions on his own of course he wasn't perfect, but he played good enough for us to win the game, once guys started dropping passes he started to force throws...Either way its too early in his career to be making statements like these, unless Cowboys players get held to a different standard then other QB's.
            maybe its too early in his career to be a top 50 player then?

            To be honest, I could go either way with Romo, if he cracked top 50 - cool. if not, whatever. But you can't have it both ways; if he's making mistakes because he's too young, then its possible he's just to young to be a top 50 player yet. Maybe in 2-3 years he'll even be considered a top 3-5 QB, but for now I think people are going off of the fact that 1 great season doesn't make you a great player.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
              maybe its too early in his career to be a top 50 player then?

              To be honest, I could go either way with Romo, if he cracked top 50 - cool. if not, whatever. But you can't have it both ways; if he's making mistakes because he's too young, then its possible he's just to young to be a top 50 player yet. Maybe in 2-3 years he'll even be considered a top 3-5 QB, but for now I think people are going off of the fact that 1 great season doesn't make you a great player.

              I already said I understand him not making the top 50, thats fine, I was responding more to the 2 minute drill comment and his playoff experience up to this point more then this list...I'm all for people not wanting to anoint him quite yet, but people seem like they forget that majority of QB's struggle their first few trips to the post season, and Romo's always gets overblown.





              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                Ware, Allen, Kevin/Pat/Mario Williams, Kerney, and even Trent Cole had an argument over Sanders...and I think most of those guys (Ware, Allen, Kerney esp) had better overall seasons than Sanders.
                I just disagree here, you an think that they might have an edge but to straightout claim they are better no questions asked is just weird. Sanders was quite of a consensus Def. MVP and saved a defense that sincerely lacked pass rush due to the injury to freeney(who is to high imo)


                Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                  No DeAngelo Hall is bull.

                  And 4-3 outside linebackers never get their due.

                  Ding, ding, ding. According to his just missed list, he'd have all somewhere around the 7th or 8th best corner in the league. That just couldn't be more wrong. Hall not being in the top 50 is definately a gripe I have.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Mario is ranked a little high for me.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      adrian peterson above over about 30 nfl veterans ? regardless of position ? thats funny at least

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                        Ill give Matt Ryan a year before he gives everyone in the top10 a run for their money.
                        LMAO... that was a joke right?


                        Jim Tressel: "a gentlmens code only applies to gentlmen"

                        "they give him the lane and.... OOOOOOOOOO. LEBRON JAMES WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!"

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by GermanSaint View Post
                          adrian peterson above over about 30 nfl veterans ? regardless of position ? thats funny at least
                          wats funny about it? the guy has been NFL ready since high school and just put on one of the dominant rookie performances in recent memory. Assuming he stays healthy, I see no reason why he cant justify that position. I think this is more a "50 Best players RIGHT NOW" not 50 best based on pedigree. His position is warranted, because hes currently better and arguably more valuable then the people hes higher than.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                            wats funny about it? the guy has been NFL ready since high school and just put on one of the dominant rookie performances in recent memory. Assuming he stays healthy, I see no reason why he cant justify that position. I think this is more a "50 Best players RIGHT NOW" not 50 best based on pedigree. His position is warranted, because hes currently better and arguably more valuable then the people hes higher than.

                            i have a tough time , accepting your description .... all these guys put up great numbers year in and year out since about a couple of years. all were good highschool or collegeplayers at some time and i canīt guarantee for sure , that there were not nfl ready in high school already (what isnīt argument , since we rating nfl players actually ) .

                            nothing against peterson , but let him do this stuff a couple of years before he is rated above players like andre johnson , steven jackson or for homers sake drew brees.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              i sometimes wonder if people watch games before they make comments.....

                              Saying Peterson isn't a top 50 player is pretty funny to me. Did anyone see what he did? He isn't your average rookie, and to hold that against him just doesn't make sense. His talent level, and production (check the record book for clarification) show that he belongs. He is a world-class athlete and top notch competitor. He has a build that can run over you, or fly past you. You are not going to catch him in a foot race. He's plain and simple an elite talent and justified it with him rookie (yes, the fact that it was his ROOKIE season should make it all the more impressive) season. Not sure what more to say, i find it hard to argue against having him in there.....


                              Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

                              Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                How are Palmer and Big Ben that high on the list?

                                SPLOOSH

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information