Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adarius Bowman 6 catches 112 yds 1 td in CFL opener...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    How exactly would he tear the league up? With his below average hands/speed?
    He was a 1st round pick and the best WR in last years draft without getting arrested. Everything you described is false except maybe the speed but he's a possession wr anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
      He was a 1st round pick and the best WR in last years draft without getting arrested. Everything you described is false except maybe the speed but he's a possession wr anyway.
      The best WR in the draft doesn't run a 4.75 and drop passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
        Some of these late round projects are better off playing in places like this rather than being bounced on and off of practice squads for years.

eh, seeing as CFL players need actual jobs in the winter to keep things moving, it all depends on how you look at it
        Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
        Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
        Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
        A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
          The best WR in the draft doesn't run a 4.75 and drop passes.
          Back to back 60 reception season. Back to back 1000 yard seasons. Back to back seasons of averaging over 14 YPC. 15 is his lowest.

Those don't happen by mistake.

Comment

Back to back 60 reception season. Back to back 1000 yard seasons. Back to back seasons of averaging over 14 YPC. 15 is his lowest.

Those don't happen by mistake.
            His boy Rashaun Woods was also beastly in College. He's in the CFL as well.

Comment

LOL. There is no way in hell the arrest alone would cause him to go undrafted and then to the CFL. He simply wasn't that good of a prospect, although I am surprised nobody took a flyer on him as an undrafted free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                LOL. There is no way in hell the arrest alone would cause him to go undrafted and then to the CFL. He simply wasn't that good of a prospect, although I am surprised nobody took a flyer on him as an undrafted free agent.
                His productivity is worthy. He had better numbers than Nelson who everyone cums over.

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                His boy Rashaun Woods was also beastly in College. He's in the CFL as well.
                Which has no relevance or point in this thred but hey

Comment

His productivity is worthy. He had better numbers than Nelson who everyone cums over.

Which has no relevance or point in this thred but hey
                  How is that irrelevant?

You're opening your yap on how he put up great numbers, which THAT is completely irrelevant to whether he'll succeed in the NFL or not. I gave you an example of someone who put up very similar numbers in college, and did absolutely jack squat in the NFL.

Comment

You said Bowman was the best receiver in this class, and a 1st round pick had he not got arrested. That is simply not true.

Oh, and Nelson crushed Bowman from a numbers stand point in his final season. The two are very close overall for their college careers as well. Not to mention the fact that Nelson has a much better skillset.

Comment

[quote=Duster;1120519]You said Bowman was the best receiver in this class, and a 1st round pick had he not got arrested. That is simply not true.

Oh, and Nelson crushed Bowman from a numbers stand point in his final season. The two are very close
                      Last edited by Hwoarang; 06-29-2008, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Nelson had 1 good year. Did better than expected at the combine that worked in his favor.

Bowman was the #1 WR based on pure talent and potential.
                        So you think that he went from being the #1 WR in the draft to playing in the CFL based on his arrest? Are you out of your mind?

Bowman played a year longer than Nelson and only had a couple more yards than him. Nelson was a track champion in high school, he did about as well as everybody thought he would do in the combine.

How is a slow-footed receiver who is slow in and out breaks and has questionable hands the #1 WR in the draft? Further, if he was so talented, why would no team take a chance on him since he wasn't even drafted? What do they have to lose? If teams are willing to bring in Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, Leonard Little, Ray Lewis, Chris Henry, Jamal Lewis, etc. why would they not take a flyer on a UDFA like Bowman if he's the best receiver in the class?

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                          So you think that he went from being the #1 WR in the draft to playing in the CFL based on his arrest? Are you out of your mind?

Bowman played a year longer than Nelson and only had a couple more yards than him. Nelson was a track champion in high school, he did about as well as everybody thought he would do in the combine.

How is a slow-footed receiver who is slow in and out breaks and has questionable hands the #1 WR in the draft? Further, if he was so talented, why would no team take a chance on him since he wasn't even drafted? What do they have to lose? If teams are willing to bring in Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, Leonard Little, Ray Lewis, Chris Henry, Jamal Lewis, etc. why would they not take a flyer on a UDFA like Bowman if he's the best receiver in the class?
                          I edited my post at the end. my intranetz is acting up.

Also does nothing to compare him to those guys. Most had their troubles after they got drafted. Which in this case makes it irrelevant. Furthermore they didn't take a flyer because he was lazy. He's faster than a 4.75. You can't tell me watching him play he's a legit 4.75. He also has good hands I mean 60 rec. a year you have to have good hands. He didn't luck out.

Anyway i'm done for the night. just remember to wipe Jordy's love ooze when he's done.

Comment

I edited my post at the end. my intranetz is acting up.

Also does nothing to compare him to those guys. Most had their troubles after they got drafted. Which in this case makes it irrelevant. Furthermore they didn't take a flyer because he was lazy. He's faster than a 4.75. You can't tell me watching him play he's a legit 4.75. He also has good hands I mean 60 rec. a year you have to have good hands. He didn't luck out.

Anyway i'm done for the night. just remember to wipe Jordy's love ooze when he's done.
                            There have been plenty of players who were drafted despite much more serious issues than what Bowman did. If you're a 1st round talent, somebody is going to at least take a flyer on you as a UDFA.

His hands are questionable. Look at Terrell Owens. He has questionable hands and he catches a ton of balls. It doesn't negate the fact that he loses concentration a lot.

As for Nelson, he's a good WR especially in the weak class this year. I just can't believe you're arguing that a guy that is playing in the CFL this year was the #1 WR. Obviously he wasn't or he would be getting ready for NFL training camp right now as a first day pick.

Comment

So wait...first you claim that he is the number 1 receiver if he doesn't get arrested. Next, after players with character concerns and arrests (many prior to their respective drafts) are brought up it is because of his laziness that he wasn't drafted?

The only way I can see your logic working is he became lazy because he was arrested?

Also, way to try to rip on the Jordy Nelson love when he had not been mentioned at all in this thread until you brought him up. Please keep in mind that it was not our hype that caused Nelson drafted in the 2nd round and Bowman to go undrafted. While it's certainly possible for them to be proven wrong, the people in the NFL obviously see something you don't.

Comment

Adrian Arrington got drafted. He had a lot more problems and a lot less production than Bowman.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information