Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adarius Bowman 6 catches 112 yds 1 td in CFL opener...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take away the 73 yard bomb and it was a pretty average game...

People shouldn't be getting too hyped over this yet, he may have just gotten lucky with the big play in an inferior league against inferior corners.

Comment

So if an NFL team wants him does he enter the draft next year or is he a free agent?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        So if an NFL team wants him does he enter the draft next year or is he a free agent?
        He's free for all, depending on his contract situation in Canada. But yes, as soon as you enter the draft once and go through the whole process, if you're UD'ed, you're a FA.

Comment

I also watched the game and Bowman is slow as molasses. His long TD was far more conducive of a CB who couldn't tackle because he had absolutely no problem catching up to him even though Bowman had a huge lead. He would get no separation in the NFL with its much smaller playing surface and even faster players. He looked far more like a TE on the play than a WR.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

He looked real slow all game and pretty much man handled the corner to get the TD. You can see the it here http://www1.cfl.ca/index.php?module=videofb&func=view

Click "EDM at SSK- June 28" and it's at 171 if you don't want to watch the rest of the vid.

Comment

Mike Williams 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                Take away the 73 yard bomb and it was a pretty average game...
                You can't do that. He did in fact make that play in that game, so it must be counted as part of his game.

People shouldn't be getting too hyped over this yet, he may have just gotten lucky with the big play in an inferior league against inferior corners.
                Duh?

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                  Mike Williams 2.0.
                  At least Bowman can play the game of football on some professional level. More than this waste of space can say.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                    You can't do that. He did in fact make that play in that game, so it must be counted as part of his game.

Duh?
                    My point was that the stats could be skewed and the sample size is small. Now that I have heard that the corner did infact catch up to him, but couldn't make the tackle, I think it is safe to say that he is still a bum but he is playing in a jokers league.

What is so duh about that?

Comment

My point was that the stats could be skewed and the sample size is small. Now that I have heard that the corner did infact catch up to him, but couldn't make the tackle, I think it is safe to say that he is still a bum but he is playing in a jokers league.

What is so duh about that?
                      It's duh because it's the CFL. Of course he's feasting on terrible CBs in that league. As for the TD, he made the play. It's like saying a QB had an average game except for like 3 or 4 plays if he has a 4 TD game.

Comment

He just looked average on that play, nothing special. He could probably make it as a pass catching TE in the league.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          He just looked average on that play, nothing special. He could probably make it as a pass catching TE in the league.
                          A WC offense probably.

Comment

he was looking back at the corner half the time because he knew he couldnt outrun him haha.

Comment

H-Back in the NFL. Doesn't have to excel at blocking, doesn't have to run WR routes and can be matched up against LBs and safeties.

Sure a 4.75 isn't fast for a h-back for todays standards, but they get open using different skills that are a better fit for his game, head fakes, using his body to shield and finding open spots.

Comment

Might not happen the way he originally wanted it to but he will in fact make it somehow to the NFL whether as a receiver or a pass catching TE. Just too talented and I've always felt that way about him besides all the off the field issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information