Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adarius Bowman 6 catches 112 yds 1 td in CFL opener...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    AFL players get jobs in the off-season too, their all easy jobs that pay good and the teams set you up with them most of the time, you also get free rent and living expenses but they are still paid very good...I'm pretty sure alot of the same things go along with CFL, I'm not exactly sure of how its run compared to AFL teams, of course he's not rich but my point was some guys make a living playing CFL.

You guys are making it seem like CFL players are broke, compared to the NFL yes of course, but alot of starters make 6 figures around 100k, if that requires you to get a job in the off-season then you should probably budget better...Bowman isn't making that amount right now, but if he keeps his head on straight and can continue to perform, I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world staying in that league making 60k+ a season for playing football.
    seeing as the CFL salary cap is only 4.05 million Canadian...and that cap has to fit more starters (12 on 12), I don't think all the players make over 100K, but some glamour players don't need jobs in the offseason...
    Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
    Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
    A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
      seeing as the CFL salary cap is only 4.05 million Canadian...and that cap has to fit more starters (12 on 12), I don't think all the players make over 100K, but some glamour players don't need jobs in the offseason...
      Canadian>American right now!

Comment

I like that they have to work in the offseason, it keeps their head straight and the money won't affect them as a person.

I only player in the CFL I see not needing to working during the offseason is Printers, the QB on Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
          You are correct, they all don't make over 100K, some starters do though, which was my point of saying if he keeps it up and stays on track he could, and even if he doesn't reach that point, I don't know how many people would be upset at making 50K for playing football.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

50k for 1/2 years work being able to play football is pretty good. Now that both currencies are even its alot better than it used to be.

Comment

EDIT>>>Never mind
              Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information