Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No standing at a Chiefs game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I hate people who believe that because they spent money on a seat, it gives them the right to tell other people how to react. I've been thrown out of college basketball games for standing. Not doing anything other than standing. Was at the Atlantic 10 bball championships in AC. My team was about to go to the tournament by winning. I'm standing and cheering, and security tells me to sit down. I told them no. They got reinforcements and escorted us to the concourse to lecture us about etiquette. It was complete crap.



    I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      I hate people who believe that because they spent money on a seat, it gives them the right to tell other people how to react. I've been thrown out of college basketball games for standing. Not doing anything other than standing. Was at the Atlantic 10 bball championships in AC. My team was about to go to the tournament by winning. I'm standing and cheering, and security tells me to sit down. I told them no. They got reinforcements and escorted us to the concourse to lecture us about etiquette. It was complete crap.
      So you were actually thrown out for arguing with staff once they asked you to sit down...

      Comment


      • #33
        I hate that you cant swear at games. I dont know about football but they tried throwing me out of a cubs game cause of that.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Duster View Post
          So you were actually thrown out for arguing with staff once they asked you to sit down...
          Yes, but they didn't give me any leash. They said, "sit down". I said, "no, it's my right to stand and support my team". They said, "are you going to be difficult?" I said, "yes". Within 30 seconds, I was being escorted out.



          I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            Yes, but they didn't give me any leash. They said, "sit down". I said, "no, it's my right to stand and support my team". They said, "are you going to be difficult?" I said, "yes". Within 30 seconds, I was being escorted out.
            Them asking you to sit down and then asking if you're going to be difficult isn't "leash"? What did you think was going to happen?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
              I hate that you cant swear at games. I dont know about football but they tried throwing me out of a cubs game cause of that.
              Swearing is a bit different in my opinion. People bring their kids to games, and some people don't like their kids being exposed to that. Now normally I would say screw them, but I'd hate it if my dad never took me to a game when I was growing up because he was worried about people swearing :P

              Comment


              • #37
                Like I said, I'd like to see them try to enforce this, and as ads said, Arrowhead is like a college atmosphere, that's what makes it so great.

                ps the "chiefs fans won't have a reason to stand lol1111!!1!!1" joke has been made three times. Either get something original or let's move on. ;)

                Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Duster View Post
                  Them asking you to sit down and then asking if you're going to be difficult isn't "leash"? What did you think was going to happen?
                  That they would ask me again or say, "if you don't sit down, you will be removed." I come to games to root for my team and maybe talk some clever smack against the opponent. If you don't like it, get seats in front of me. I'm not standing to be a dick. I'm standing to support my team.



                  I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    That they would ask me again or say, "if you don't sit down, you will be removed." I come to games to root for my team and maybe talk some clever smack against the opponent. If you don't like it, get seats in front of me. I'm not standing to be a dick. I'm standing to support my team.
                    If you're ruining somebody else's experience, you have to expect they will complain. How are people supposed to get seats in front of you if they don't know where you're going to sit, even if they could afford the tickets?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I say it's a sports game, and supporting your team is paramount. It's not a tennis match or a bowling championship. College bball is a passionate environment, and fans should be allowed to express it in a way that is appropriate.



                      I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                        I say it's a sports game, and supporting your team is paramount. It's not a tennis match or a bowling championship. College bball is a passionate environment, and fans should be allowed to express it in a way that is appropriate.
                        The two kids who can't see the game because you're standing in front of them would probably disagree.

                        I'm sure you would disagree as well if a fan was holding a giant banner in front of you that blocked your entire line of sight.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Wow that is crap.

                          If the person behind you complains, sit down, but then put on a giant hat. Thats what I would do.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Duster View Post
                            The two kids who can't see the game because you're standing in front of them would probably disagree.

                            I'm sure you would disagree as well if a fan was holding a giant banner in front of you that blocked your entire line of sight.
                            If there were kids behind me, I would offer to switch, so they could enjoy. A banner and standing are different things.



                            I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                              Swearing is a bit different in my opinion. People bring their kids to games, and some people don't like their kids being exposed to that. Now normally I would say screw them, but I'd hate it if my dad never took me to a game when I was growing up because he was worried about people swearing :P
                              I understand that but I wasnt swearing the entire game just in the 9th inning and there was on dad and kid and he even said to the lady that he didnt care.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                                I understand that but I wasnt swearing the entire game just in the 9th inning and there was on dad and kid and he even said to the lady that he didnt care.
                                I think a lot of it might just be that they dont want to deal with any crap. You say **** and some one gets upset, so they ask you to shut up, you have been drinking all game (not you but a theoretical person) and are a little drunk and tell them to **** off, they get pissed and talk ****, next thing you know, the two of you are fighting. It's them trying to avoid dealing with crap like that.

                                Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information