Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBS Sportsline Top 30 breakout players....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    Reggie Bush is going to have a monster year. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I hope so. I wouldn't mind seeing AJ Hawk doing well this year also.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
      No DeAngelo Williams love.
      It's gonna be kind of hard for DeAngelo to have a breakout year when you all just drafted a workhorse runningback in the first round

Comment

I don't necessarily agree. Stewart still hasn't played a down in the NFL and even though I think he'll be a good player there's still a lot of ? marks in how his game will translate to the NFL.

I'm not forgetting Fox's seemingly passionate disdain for removing starters from the RB position either.

I don't mind the chances of Drew Stanton just quietly either. Everyone forgot about the kid after his season ending injury but I can't really see detroit plugging away with Kitna year after year to let a 2nd round pick chill on the sidelines for another season.
        Last edited by BlindSite; 07-04-2008, 06:46 AM.

Comment

I don't mind the chances of Drew Stanton just quietly either. Everyone forgot about the kid after his career ending injury but I can't really see detroit plugging away with Kitna year after year to let a 2nd round pick chill on the sidelines for another season.
          Players usually fade off into the sunset after those. You know, when they actually happen.

Comment

Great to see Jovan Haye and Arron Sears on the list because they definiteld deserve to be there. Another Buccaneers to watch out for is Jeremy Trueblood, who I absolutely love. I'm also partial to Paris Warren who tore up his ankle last pre-season. Hopefully he gets a chance on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
              Yeah he isn't exactly outperforming probowlers in Foxboro. I personally want more than 700 yards and 5 touchdowns from a "breakout" Wide receiver.
              For a guy coming out of nowhere and no production what so ever before that? My point is I just don't like when somebody comes out and says this year will be Santonio Holmes breakout year, a guy that has already broken out, those are just numbers thrown out for Jackson, but he's still a great pick for a breakout player, he is already past Gaffney on the depth chart, and with his skill set it wouldn't be tough to put up 1000 yds.

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Oh my god, somebody noticed Justin Durant outside of Jacksonville.
              I have been noticing this guy since he performed at the combines, always thought he was physically gifted and when I did get to see him on the field he ALWAYS stood out, I wish I had seen more of him to know what to expect, but I am excited to see what he can do when his role gets increased...If I'm not mistaken almost all of those Hampton guys are doing pretty well that went to the combines together that year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                No bear? :(

btw: Troy Williamson is gonna have a break out year? :D :D :D
                Your not alone, No Lions love either even after we supposedly drafted the greatest prospect at WR ever...CJ "Jesus".

I would think he will have a better year than his rookie one. especially after he has had time to recover from his back injury.

Bclion

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                  No bear? :(

btw: Troy Williamson is gonna have a break out year? :D :D :D
                  Prisco ain't blowing smoke: I went to the Jaguars mini-camp and Williamson looked great.

Now I'm not saying that he's going to breakout... but I can't discount the possibility. I could see him developing into a solid 3rd/Slot Receiver role and getting 800 yards and 4 TDs a year down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
                    It was actually Steven Jackson he was talking about.
                    It was Brandon, I'm 99.99999999% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                      Prisco ain't blowing smoke: I went to the Jaguars mini-camp and Williamson looked great.

Now I'm not saying that he's going to breakout... but I can't discount the possibility. I could see him developing into a solid 3rd/Slot Receiver role and getting 800 yards and 4 TDs a year down the road.
                      He looked great in shorts.

He's got keary Colbert syndrome, he'll be lights out in the preseason, he'll probably have a massive grab in one of your PS games too, but then he'll go and do absolutely nothing for 16 weeks.

Comment

i'm a little surprised that out of 30 players there are no panthers, it would seem we have a couple that could: hackett, marshall, deangelo. i would put any of them in instead of troy freakin williamson but w/e

Comment

Again, why are you guys expecting a 3rd down RB to "breakout", please tell me what type of stats you are expecting from him that would qualify him to make this list.

Comment

He looked great in shorts.

He's got keary Colbert syndrome, he'll be lights out in the preseason, he'll probably have a massive grab in one of your PS games too, but then he'll go and do absolutely nothing for 16 weeks.
                            Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            It never ceases to amaze me how you manage to incorporate the Panthers in every single one of your posts.
                            I just couldn't help it.

Comment

huh, where are you getting 3rd down back from? at best he'll be the starter receiving the majority of the carries for the season as stewart adapts to an nfl offense and at worst he'll be splitting carries evenly with stewart. the only reason williams wasn't in more plays last season is because fox didn't believe his pass blocking was up to scratch, apparently it's now improved so i guess the team has more confidence in him.

Comment

Originally posted by xooberon View Post
                                huh, where are you getting 3rd down back from? at best he'll be the starter receiving the majority of the carries for the season as stewart adapts to an nfl offense and at worst he'll be splitting carries evenly with stewart. the only reason williams wasn't in more plays last season is because fox didn't believe his pass blocking was up to scratch, apparently it's now improved so i guess the team has more confidence in him.
                                Again, since you want him to be listed as a breakthrough player please tell me what type of stats your expecting...Don't just throw his name out without anything to back it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information