Adalius Thomas official to Pats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
    Wow, that is stupid. Why sign him for 6 years? He's 30. Three or four years would have been better, and 10 mil a year is a lot. Wow.
    maybe cuz it works out better financially? just cuz a players gets X amount of years doesnt mean he'll be around that long

look @ Law..he got between 5-7 year contract but he aint lasting that long..works the cap better for the team.

Comment

Poz could play inside in a 3-4 right? so why not draft him?
      Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
      Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Its a bit of a surprise he went to the Pats, but good for them, they should be back in Superbowl contention, even though I despise the Pats.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
          6 years $60 million

Too many years, too much money. I am glad the Giants are staying away from these contracts.
          He's not going to see that many years, or that much money. Especially considering that this is the Patriots we're talking about. Why haven't people figured this out yet?

Comment

Contracts these days in the NFL are usually loaded up on the back end so he will probably get cut after 3-4 years so the Pats can avoid paying big money.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Nah...they really like Banta-Cain. If anybody is out of a job, it'll be Colvin. They'll probably cut him next year or just let him walk if his contract expires.
              are u stupid? Colvin was our best LB last year

TBC is an FA and we dont like him that much..he started a few games..got benched in playoffs..couldnt set the edge. nuff said

Comment

To officially officalize this, BB just released statement on Thomas/Brady/Morris

Thomas will be on a press conference @ 4:00 :)

Comment

I'm pretty sure one of the NFL analysts on SportsCenter said he's expected to start opposite of Colvin.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                    are u stupid? Colvin was our best LB last year

TBC is an FA and we dont like him that much..he started a few games..got benched in playoffs..couldnt set the edge. nuff said
                    I was under the impression that the coaching staff really liked Banta-Cain. Plus, doesn't Colvin's contract expire after next season?

I know how it is when fans of other teams act like they know more about your team than you do, so I'm definitely taking your word on this.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      I was under the impression that the coaching staff really liked Banta-Cain. Plus, doesn't Colvin's contract expire after next season?

I know how it is when fans of other teams act like they know more about your team than you do, so I'm definitely taking your word on this.
                      na uh.

TBC expired this season..Colvin has 1 of the biggest salaries on the team :\

TBC didnt start till Seau went out..he did good as a pass rusher but thats really it. He couldnt cover..he couldnt set the edge on run plays and he got dominated especially against Chargers. he was a good pass rusher but nothing else

btw Schefter reports: 5 years $37.5 million // $24 mill in first 3 years

thats a pretty good #

Comment

Damn, the blackbyrds were very dumb in not tagging him.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
                        #1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
                        I used to be MaddenPlayer52

Comment

Originally posted by RaVeNFaNaCtIc View Post
                          Damn, the blackbyrds were very dumb in not tagging him.
                          no it was the right move. he wanted to cash in and we have said a lot recently that we will not sacrifice the future for the present

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Makes sense to frontload the money since we have the cap room now and probably won't use it all...

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                              no it was the right move. he wanted to cash in and we have said a lot recently that we will not sacrifice the future for the present
                              Yeah, but if you tag him, the pats probably would've given up a second rounder for him and given him the same deal. Ozzie must have had a reason because he's a brilliant GM, maybe he didn't like the price tag that came with it and what Chris McAllister did when he didn't get his long term deal right away that pushed him into letting him walk.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                                Well just hand those **** suckers the super bowl
                                Yeah, because having a Top 3 scoring defense this year won them the Super Bowl. Oh, wait...

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information