• critesy
    started a topic Adalius Thomas official to Pats

Adalius Thomas official to Pats

yup

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2786670

• locseti
    replied
    Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    He's not going to see that many years, or that much money. Especially considering that this is the Patriots we're talking about. Why haven't people figured this out yet?
    Just change your name to knowitallfukkinfreak

Leave a comment:

• Dam8610
    replied
    Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
    Well just hand those **** suckers the super bowl
    Yeah, because having a Top 3 scoring defense this year won them the Super Bowl. Oh, wait...

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Originally posted by niel89 View Post
    no it was the right move. he wanted to cash in and we have said a lot recently that we will not sacrifice the future for the present
    Yeah, but if you tag him, the pats probably would've given up a second rounder for him and given him the same deal. Ozzie must have had a reason because he's a brilliant GM, maybe he didn't like the price tag that came with it and what Chris McAllister did when he didn't get his long term deal right away that pushed him into letting him walk.

Leave a comment:

• Jay
    replied
    Makes sense to frontload the money since we have the cap room now and probably won't use it all...

Leave a comment:

• niel89
    replied
    Originally posted by RaVeNFaNaCtIc View Post
    Damn, the blackbyrds were very dumb in not tagging him.
    no it was the right move. he wanted to cash in and we have said a lot recently that we will not sacrifice the future for the present

Leave a comment:

• RaVeNFaNaCtIc
    replied
    Damn, the blackbyrds were very dumb in not tagging him.

Leave a comment:

• remix 6
    replied
    I was under the impression that the coaching staff really liked Banta-Cain. Plus, doesn't Colvin's contract expire after next season?

I know how it is when fans of other teams act like they know more about your team than you do, so I'm definitely taking your word on this.
    na uh.

TBC expired this season..Colvin has 1 of the biggest salaries on the team :\

TBC didnt start till Seau went out..he did good as a pass rusher but thats really it. He couldnt cover..he couldnt set the edge on run plays and he got dominated especially against Chargers. he was a good pass rusher but nothing else

btw Schefter reports: 5 years $37.5 million // $24 mill in first 3 years

thats a pretty good #

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied
    Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
    are u stupid? Colvin was our best LB last year

TBC is an FA and we dont like him that much..he started a few games..got benched in playoffs..couldnt set the edge. nuff said
    I was under the impression that the coaching staff really liked Banta-Cain. Plus, doesn't Colvin's contract expire after next season?

I know how it is when fans of other teams act like they know more about your team than you do, so I'm definitely taking your word on this.

Leave a comment:

• P-L
    replied
    I'm pretty sure one of the NFL analysts on SportsCenter said he's expected to start opposite of Colvin.

Leave a comment:

• remix 6
    replied
    To officially officalize this, BB just released statement on Thomas/Brady/Morris

Thomas will be on a press conference @ 4:00 :)

Leave a comment:

• remix 6
    replied
    Nah...they really like Banta-Cain. If anybody is out of a job, it'll be Colvin. They'll probably cut him next year or just let him walk if his contract expires.
    are u stupid? Colvin was our best LB last year

TBC is an FA and we dont like him that much..he started a few games..got benched in playoffs..couldnt set the edge. nuff said

Leave a comment:

• Stash
    replied
    Contracts these days in the NFL are usually loaded up on the back end so he will probably get cut after 3-4 years so the Pats can avoid paying big money.

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied
    Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
    6 years $60 million

Too many years, too much money. I am glad the Giants are staying away from these contracts.
    He's not going to see that many years, or that much money. Especially considering that this is the Patriots we're talking about. Why haven't people figured this out yet?

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Its a bit of a surprise he went to the Pats, but good for them, they should be back in Superbowl contention, even though I despise the Pats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information