Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Wilkinson to Denver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dan Wilkinson to Denver

    ProFootballTalk.com

    POSTED 1:07 p.m. EST; UPDATED 1:11 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

    FINS SHIP BIG DADDY TO DENVER

    The Denver Broncos have continued to show their thirst for defensive linemen who once were taken at the top of the draft by acquiring tackle Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson from the Miami Dolphins.

    Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting the deal, and says that the Fins will get a sixth-round pick from the Broncos in exchange.

    Wilkinson was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1994 draft, and has played for the Bengals, Redskins, Lions, and Fins.

    Other highly drafted defensive linemen on the Broncos include defensive end Courtney Brown (No. 1 overall in 2000) and defensive tackle Gerard Warren (No. 3 overall in 2001).
    Last edited by Windy; 03-03-2007, 12:29 PM.

  • #2
    Collectively, the AFC West bites its pillow, quaking with fear.

    Comment


    • #3
      wow look at denver going crazy

      Comment


      • #4
        I really hope Keith Traylor is coming back.

        That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

        Comment


        • #5
          How much does big Dan have left in him?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by elway777 View Post
            How much does big Dan have left in him?
            he has only play'd 12 years

            Comment


            • #7
              Role player at best. He played well as a rotation guy at both NT and DT this past season. We are trying to get younger though so I guess this is part of that.

              That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

              Comment


              • #8
                is this official or just a rumor?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                  Role player at best. He played well as a rotation guy at both NT and DT this past season. We are trying to get younger though so I guess this is part of that.
                  You must of been only watching the preseason games because Wilkinson really didn't do **** for us last year. We was going to cut him anyway, so anytime you get a pick for a guy who you was going to cut is a plus.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                    Collectively, the AFC West bites its pillow, quaking with fear.
                    ahhahahahha

                    It's worked for them in the past, why not?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I respect the way Denver does things just as much as any other team in the league and the fact that they are throwing their picks away proves my notion how weak this draft is.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ace View Post
                        You must of been only watching the preseason games because Wilkinson really didn't do **** for us last year. We was going to cut him anyway, so anytime you get a pick for a guy who you was going to cut is a plus.
                        He was good at taking double teams and holding his ground. That's what his job was and he did it well.

                        That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by darnik44two View Post
                          is this official or just a rumor?
                          Official... NFL Network's Adam Schefter reported on it on NFL.com.

                          Sig by jkpigskin

                          SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

                          WHO DAT? TWO DAT!


                          Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                            He was good at taking double teams and holding his ground. That's what his job was and he did it well.
                            Then he'll be very welcome in Denver. Certainly improves our depth (Veal and Burton aren't exactly stellar performers).

                            Now that Shanny has two big bodies in the middle, it's time to pick a disruptor/penetrator DT in the draft and we'll have the makings of a decent rotation.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Denver is easily the most active this offseason but why deall all of your draft picks away

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information