Sporting News: AFC Quaterbacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    i will straight up trade you grossman for pennington if thats the case. no lie.
    Noodle arm in the windy city? Come on now...

Comment

I really still think Peyton Manning is better QB than Tom Brady. I think his play this season will show it. But of course this is my opinion, and I have no real facts.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        Derek Anderson is way too high, not putting them above the Broncos for sure...Agree with Steelers above the Bengals though...I would put the Browns behind the Broncos and Jags.
        I'd have the Jags above the Broncos.

Comment

Charlie Batch can step in and win games without the offense slowing up, the same cannot be said for Fitzpatrick, and since its a team rankings, Cincy shouldn't be above Pitt.
          If it not mainly about the starter than Indy should be ahead of NE, I am kinda split even between Brady & manning and Cassel is just the most awfull backup in the entire league.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
            If it not mainly about the starter than Indy should be ahead of NE, I am kinda split even between Brady & manning and Cassel is just the most awfull backup in the entire league.
            How do you know?

I'd probably take the Jets QBs over San Fran. I just haven't seen anything from Smith and expecting anything else out of the rest of that crew is unrealistic.

Comment

So what, they still don't deserve to be higher then the Jags or the Broncos right now...Quinn is a top of the line backup? Thats awesome, are David Carr and Harrington top of the line backups too since they were 1st rd picks? Or maybe Quinn has done something else in his career to be considered top of the line and make their ranking so much better.
              Broncos? Their QB play has not been on par with Cleveland's and I doubt it will be this year either with no #2 receiver and an O-Line that is being rebuilt. Jacksonville I can see, Garrard is very good even though he doesn't put up gaudy stats. But top 7 are certainly NE, IND, CIN, PIT, JAC, CLE, SD imo. Brady Quinn has been very impressive in practices and mini camps, I have no doubt that he will have a better career than Anderson. In fact I don't think his numbers would be much worse if he started this year, but DA has earned his job.

Comment

Carson/the Bengals too low...Palmer alone makes them #3.

Theres a few guys...Cutler...Garrard...Schaub...I would take over Derek Anderson. He gets scared easy and he's not the most accurate QB. Yes, I do realize he can and probably will calm down with more experience, but for now I think he's a product of a great all around offense.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                  Carson/the Bengals too low...Palmer alone makes them #3.

Theres a few guys...Cutler...Garrard...Schaub...I would take over Derek Anderson. He gets scared easy and he's not the most accurate QB. Yes, I do realize he can and probably will calm down with more experience, but for now I think he's a product of a great all around offense.
                  You would take Cutler and Shaub over Anderson? You're insane.. Look at what he did in his first season as a starter, compared to both of those two.

Garrard is more understandable, but can lean on the running attack more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowEdwards19 View Post
                    You would take Cutler and Shaub over Anderson? You're insane.. Look at what he did in his first season as a starter, compared to both of those two.

Garrard is more understandable, but can lean on the running attack more than anything.
                    Anderson has his godly offense line and great receiving threats to lean on. Something he hasn't succeeded without.

Carry on.

Comment

Why is Jim Sorgi at number 2?

Don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
                        Anderson has his godly offense line and great receiving threats to lean on. Something he hasn't succeeded without.

Carry on.
                        And guys like Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo and Peyton Manning have had to carry those talentless P.O.S. offenses they've had to work with. I mean, Peyton's always running for his life and who has Carson had to throw to?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post

Carry on.
                          People act like Anderson is some grizzled vet. This was his first year as a starter and he played exceedingly well. With a huge arm and a pro bowl selection under his belt, he's got a high ceiling still. That line and those weapons aren't going anywhere; production is all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowEdwards19 View Post

Hell yea I would. Anderson rode the back of the leagues best O-line, a top 10 WR, and a top 3 TE...he's got a strong arm but his accuracy sucks and any slight pass rush threw the guy off his game last season.

He's got the potential, but give me Cutler and Schaub over him anyday. Those guys have seen some good coaching, because they're really polished QBs at a pretty young age.

Anderson just seems too inefficent for me...but the talent around him more than makes up for it. With time and practice that could/should change like I said, but if I'm a GM I'm taking more polished guys first.
                            Last edited by SenorGato; 07-05-2008, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information