Sporting News: NFC QBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Carr brings the Giants down some, despite Eli being the second-best QB in the league.

If Favre comes back, Green Bay is stacked: Favre, Rodgers, and Brohm. That's better than the early 90s when Ron Wolf was finding QBs for the league.
    Umm, you're joking, right? Eli Manning isn't the second best quarterback in his division, much less the conference, and even less, the league.

Please, explain your reasoning behind that post because i'm having a hard time understanding how in the hell Eli Manning is that good in your eyes. And i'm sure it has nothing at all to do with the fact that he's related to your favorite player..

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      Umm, you're joking, right? Eli Manning isn't the second best quarterback in his division, much less the conference, and even less, the league.

Please, explain your reasoning behind that post because i'm having a hard time understanding how in the hell Eli Manning is that good in your eyes. And i'm sure it has nothing at all to do with the fact that he's related to your favorite player..
      Super Bowl XLII DUUUUUUUUH

Comment

Originally posted by NeoJenova View Post
        Tavaris is better than Alex Smith. 49'ers should be in the bottom 3.
        I disagree. I've seen Jackson play and his accuracy leaves a lot left to be desired. Alex Smith's pocket presence is the only huge issue I've seen wrong with him. His decision making isn't great, but it's not that bad. Jackson's is terrible in my opinion.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
          I disagree. I've seen Jackson play and his accuracy leaves a lot left to be desired. Alex Smith's pocket presence is the only huge issue I've seen wrong with him. His decision making isn't great, but it's not that bad. Jackson's is terrible in my opinion.
          Don't take this wrong but I don't think you would be saying that if you weren't a niner fan. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
            Carr brings the Giants down some, despite Eli being the second-best QB in the league.

If Favre comes back, Green Bay is stacked: Favre, Rodgers, and Brohm. That's better than the early 90s when Ron Wolf was finding QBs for the league.
            wrong manning, the name you are thinking about is peyton

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post

...really?

he has like a career 58 passer rating, and has thrown 12 more INTs then TDs

Comment

I hate the Vikings, but Id take Tavaris Jackson over Alex Smith for sure. I actually like Jackson's potential. From what Ive seen from him he could be pretty good in the near future. Smith, IMO is about a handful of starts away from being one of the alltime biggest busts. Ive seen nothing from him that suggests he'll be anything more than a mediocre backup.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  ...really?

he has like a career 58 passer rating, and has thrown 12 more INTs then TDs
                  Well alot of that has to do with that rookie season where he had 1TD to 12 picks or so

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

If I was starting a franchise I wouldn't want a damn thing to do with either of them.

IMO Troy Smith in baltimore is a better prospect.

Good to see Moore and Delhomme getting some love.

Charlie Frye could be an interesting little prospect there in Seattle. He wasn't awful with the browns and was clearly struggling majorly due to the lack of offensive firepower. If I remember correctly he was starting before they rebuilt the offensive line and when the soldier was down with an injury. Other than that he was still serviceable. Backing up Hasselbeck can only be of benefit. I'm not saying I'd want him starting but if my QB went down for the season (on a wco team) and I wasn't enamored with the backup I'd try a trade for the guy.

Comment

the homer in me wants drew brees first .... but when its all said and done , i would put donovan mcnabb and drew brees at 1.a and 1.b ... followed by hasselbeck ....

before you bash me boys fans , i have nothing against romo , but i want to see more than just 1,5 seasons from him .... and i want to see him handle a situation without that much talent around him....

McNabb/Brees (just for potential ) than hasselback and romo after him

Comment

I don't have any problem what so ever with people wanting to hold off annointing Romo at the top for only playing a year and a half, I have full confidence he will come back this year and have a better year under Garrett then last season, then he can earn his respect the good old fashioned way.

As far as Eli is concerned, he is a good QB, but I'm not just going to dismiss how erratic he was all last year during the regular season, he played clutch when it mattered, but I would like to see at least one consistent pro bowl type regular season from him, and he will have higher expectations this year as well.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Eh, in my mind Tampa Bay is a bit to high. They have what? six or seven Quarterbacks on their roster? If you have that many QBs it just means you don't really have any.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            I don't have any problem what so ever with people wanting to hold off annointing Romo at the top for only playing a year and a half, I have full confidence he will come back this year and have a better year under Garrett then last season, then he can earn his respect the good old fashioned way.

As far as Eli is concerned, he is a good QB, but I'm not just going to dismiss how erratic he was all last year during the regular season, he played clutch when it mattered, but I would like to see at least one consistent pro bowl type regular season from him, and he will have higher expectations this year as well.
                            well, personally speaking, i would keep romo and eli both down for the same reason. I want to see more of them. Eli was only elite for 4 games last year really imo....they happened to be the best 4 for him to be elite in because he won the superbowl, but i'd like to see him keep that up. Hell, even just before the playoffs last year, some people were still questioning whether or not he would ever become great.

and romo, like you said, it was only a year and a half. I'd like to see him keep it up as well.

they're probably both top 5 at least in the NFC (as far as just starters, not including backups like this list) but thats not really saying much because, like i said in the first post, i think only maybe the top 3 NFC teams would be able to infiltrate the top 8 AFC teams QB-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post

Eli Manning isn't even 2nd in the divison? LOLZ
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                                Eli Manning isn't even 2nd in the divison? LOLZ
                                McNabb>Manning
                                Arguable Romo>Manning

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information