No announcement yet.

Plummer traded to the Bucs for a 2008 Pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This doesnt make any sense though. Simms, Plummer, Garcia, Gradkowski? I would hope that they trade one of them.

Comment

The rumor is the bucs are gonna send Plummer to Houston.

Comment

If we somehow managed to trade for plummer and than ship him to the Texans for more than what we gave up to get him it would be a stroke of genius. If Gruden actually does keep him its aboslutly moronic, even if we didn't trade for him.

We'd end up spending close to the same amount Manning makes on our 3 medicore QBs combined.
        "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

The Bucs would not keep Garcia, Plummer, and Simms. Pending the Plummer retirement, there has to be another trade in the works.

Simms perhaps???

Comment

If we got rid of Simms we'd be left with 2 medicore old QBs. We'd have to be in the market again for a young QB for the future. Unless there was a really good deal, it doens't make much sense to get rid of the young one and keep 2 older ones.
            "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
              The Bucs would not keep Garcia, Plummer, and Simms. Pending the Plummer retirement, there has to be another trade in the works.

Simms perhaps???
              You never know. Gruden loves to collect QB's. After it became obvious how poor they were at the position last year he might keep them around to raise the level of competition during training camp and then use the odd man out as trade bait if another team is in trouble at the beginning of the season.
              Originally posted by njx9
              i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
                If we somehow managed to trade for plummer and than ship him to the Texans for more than what we gave up to get him it would be a stroke of genius.
                Let's hope for that.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Maybe the idea would be to trade Simms and then draft one of the top QB's in the first? I doubt this will actually happen, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Comment

I think they're trying to do something like what the Jets did last year and get more than two guys in there to battle for the starting spot to make the other guys work harder.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

heres a good article about it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ucs/index.html

Comment

right now its speculated that plummer is going to oakland, via PFT

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

I think this is a great short term move, it's a conditional draft pick, (see the word conditional?) that means if jake decides to retire, then there is no pick.

Also, with us getting the RIGHTS to plummer, that keeps Oakland in the hunt for a QB in the draft, and it gives us a chance to TRADE Jake's rights to a team that he DOES want to play for (Houston?), assuming that he doesn't want to compete for his position here.

Ok, we'll probably be back to square one in a year or two, but a lot can happen in that time?

Comment

Sounds like Plummer to the Texans would be a good bet, provided he doesn't reitre.

Comment

I dont think we'll see a trade until draft day at the earliest. If Texans take day 1 QB they won't want Carr and will be happy to swap, if they don't take one its a little more up in the air.

Comment

OK, Im confused. Garcia wouldnt sign with Oakland because they might draft a QB, but he'll go to Tampa where he'll have to win the QB job from Simms and/or Plummer? That doesen't make sense, I wonder what Gruden told Garica.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information