No announcement yet.

2008 Brass Deep Balls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geo, I'm surprised. Leonard's speed is MUCH better than advertised. Coming out of the backfield he's an excellent recieving weapon. He'd be an excellent 3rd down and goal line back as well(although SJax is a tough and big mofo). His hands are superb. He won't have huge runs and doesn't have that "game breaker" speed like other talents ala LDT, run DMC, MJD etc. He's not just a FB for them as his versatility helps any offense. Easily worth a 2nd rounder IMO, and that's homerism aside.

but you're right, I did focus in on him all last year! :D
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Sorry but I just don't see the quickness whenever he gets the ball, I think the Rams have it right by making Antonio Pittman their back-up to Steven Jackson.

Ray Rice on the other hand will be worth a 2nd round pick, though. He'll be the starter in Baltimore come September 2009.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        Sorry but I just don't see the quickness whenever he gets the ball, I think the Rams have it right by making Antonio Pittman their back-up to Steven Jackson.

Ray Rice on the other hand will be worth a 2nd round pick, though. He'll be the starter in Baltimore come September 2009.
        yea, he's not very elusive or quick, but has good enough speed to catch it in the flat and tur up field to outrun LB'ers(not all, some are freaks, but still)

and yes, I even think Ray Ray takes over before '09. he's a studmuffin
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I don't think Brian Leonard was 2nd round value... but maybe early third round especially since Jacob Hester was drafted in the late third, and IMO
          Leonard >> Hester. Leonard will be a very versatile and very good fullback in the league, especially with teams who want to utilize a receiving type fullback, but he will be a good blocker, but probably never will be an excellent blocker.

About Ray Rice, I see as like an Emmitt Smith type running back, but with way more power. I see Ray Ray becoming an excellent back in the NFL.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

I have several bones to pick with your analysis of the Jaguars, one being that Marcus Stroud has done nothing for us but get injured and/or suspended for the last two years. Tony McDaniel, meanwhile, has ALL the physical tools and has had an outstanding preseason. He'll make us forget about Marcus.

INT dealt with your analysis of Rashean. When he's healthy, he's a top-5 corner in the NFL. He's healthy now.

Comment

All I know is that I'm seeing average guys beating Mathis out there these days, it's a far cry from 2006. The defense is coming down from it's once elite status from a few years ago, but the offense is much better from those days and will continue to improve. Jones-Drew is great of course, but I am a believer in David Garrard.

If the Jags are lucky, they will get huge contribution from their two rookie pass-rushers in Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves. Of course that would mean signing Harvey first.

Comment

And here I thought the Marvin thing was going to be him winning Comeback Player of the Year. I doubt if Marvin is playing in 2009, that he'll have anything but a horseshoe on his helmet. Regardless of who you have in the wings, it's not easy to replace Marvin Harrison if he's still producing like Marvin Harrison.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Harrison will be 37 years old in August of 2009, and has a base '09 salary of 9M. Unless he and his agent get smart and restructure, he's not worth it. I'd rather spend that money on re-signing young playmakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                    idk why Whisenhunt is trying to get a power running game with that WR Corps
                    it's very simple

5-11
                    5-11
                    6-10

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      Harrison will be 37 years old in August of 2009, and has a base '09 salary of 9M. Unless he and his agent get smart and restructure, he's not worth it. I'd rather spend that money on re-signing young playmakers.
                      Marvin has restructured before, I see no reason why he wouldn't again if the team approaches him.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Well, if the restructing in question is converting salary to allocated bonus money, then no thanks. The team would still be on the hook for his money, but would be paying it out over more than one year.

Again, Harrison isn't worth it imo. He has always been the weak link in the playoffs and there's younger talent now. I bet if you add up the numbers, Gonzalez, Hall, and Garcon make less than 3M combined. The Colts locked up Dallas Clark for a reason, at around 5.5-6M per. Those four combined could make up Harrison's salary in '09, and it only gets higher in '10 and '11.

Hopefully the Colts can trade Harrison for something, if not then cut him outright and maybe he signs back at one-third of the cost of his current backloaded contract.
                        Last edited by Geo; 08-24-2008, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Here's a brass balls prediction taken off one of yours. After Houshmanzadeh bails on Cincy, he doesn't do much the rest of his career. Too many people like to say he's the better of the duo with him and 85, when in reality, he's in trouble without Chad taking most of the gameplan away from him

Comment

I'm not sure about that. Even if Housh declines, he'd still be a great option from the slot. He can line up at all three spots right now.

Now if he goes to a crummy situation and never puts up the same numbers again, that could happen.

Hmm, who might go after Housh next summer?

Comment

He's a solid option sure but I don't see him as a top tier #1 on his own. His game makes him one of the best #2 options in the league and is in a near perfect scenario for it. I'm not saying he'd be Edge out of Indy bad, just not someone who makes a lot of noise or impact

Comment

As a Bengals fan I agree Housh' production would decline after leaving Cincy. He's arguably one of the best #2s (Argued against Boldin / Welker / Wayne), but Chad takes so much heat off of Housh that it makes his game look a lot better than it is. Unless he goes to a place that has a solid #1 and a QB as good as or better than Palmer then I doubt his production goes up. And honestly, I don't see any teams with that scenario in mind paying out the ass for a #2.

Either way, Housh is like a folk hero in cincy and I'd hate it if we got rid of him, but its been looming over my head all off-season since we haven't decided to give him a new contract and we drafted 3 WR's this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information