No announcement yet.

2008 Brass Deep Balls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're going to lose Houshmandzadeh after '08, you've got to start developing receivers now at least. Can't throw rookies in there for Palmer.

Wide receivers and cornerbacks take more time to develop.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
      If you're going to lose Houshmandzadeh after '08, you've got to start developing receivers now at least. Can't throw rookies in there for Palmer.

Wide receivers and cornerbacks take more time to develop.
      That's what their draft strategy seems to reflect, given that they picked up Simpson and Caldwell. and Honestly if they're gonna sign Henry this year and let Housh go, he's probably part of their plan too.

Comment

I'm not sure about that. Even if Housh declines, he'd still be a great option from the slot. He can line up at all three spots right now.

Now if he goes to a crummy situation and never puts up the same numbers again, that could happen.

Hmm, who might go after Housh next summer?
        I know where you're going with this ..... and I'm cool with it.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I'm good, but that is a secret motive to even me. :D

Honestly, I was just asking out loud where he might go. Where do you think, Borat?

San Fran? I say no. They have Jason Hill and John Morgan, plus veteran Isaac Bruce. Shaun McDonald will be a free agent next summer, he could be a cheaper option for Martz, whether Martz is the offensive coordinator or the head coach (yes you read that right).

Comment

Well, if the restructing in question is converting salary to allocated bonus money, then no thanks. The team would still be on the hook for his money, but would be paying it out over more than one year.

Again, Harrison isn't worth it imo. He has always been the weak link in the playoffs and there's younger talent now. I bet if you add up the numbers, Gonzalez, Hall, and Garcon make less than 3M combined. The Colts locked up Dallas Clark for a reason, at around 5.5-6M per. Those four combined could make up Harrison's salary in '09, and it only gets higher in '10 and '11.

Hopefully the Colts can trade Harrison for something, if not then cut him outright and maybe he signs back at one-third of the cost of his current backloaded contract.
            So if Marvin goes out and produces like Marvin (we'll say 80-1400-12), you don't want him back for 09, even if he restructures?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Marvin to Dallas FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                So if Marvin goes out and produces like Marvin (we'll say 80-1400-12), you don't want him back for 09, even if he restructures?
                I'm not expecting 1400 and 12, nor the 700 and 6 I'm seeing some places. More like 1000 and 8 imo.

But if he does produce 1400/12, then maybe they keep him for one more year. Or his trade value would be improved, which is good.

Comment

I'm good, but that is a secret motive to even me. :D

Honestly, I was just asking out loud where he might go. Where do you think, Borat?

San Fran? I say no. They have Jason Hill and John Morgan, plus veteran Isaac Bruce. Shaun McDonald will be a free agent next summer, he could be a cheaper option for Martz, whether Martz is the offensive coordinator or the head coach (yes you read that right).
                  Yes, I was thinking SF. I mean, who wants to go to the urinal that is Oakland when SF is so much nicer?

For 2009, they got Bryant Johnson, Arnaz Battle and hopefully JOSH Morgan is the real deal. There is definitely room for a star like Houshmazilly. I'm not sold on Jason Hill and I doubt Isaac Bruce comes back. McDonald is a possibility though. Hadn't thought of him.

And yes, I unfortunately could see Martz becoming HC.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

ewww I hope not
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                      Marvin to Dallas FTW!
                      Marvin can't play across from anti-Marvin. The universe would explode.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        I can't fathom any reasoning why Carolina misses the playoffs at this stage of the game. Its a solid unit in a weak schedule and conference.

This... from a Panthers fan? Needless to say I'm shocked and surprised.

Comment

I can't imagine Dallas having the money, but I still won't rule out Jerry Jones making a play for Roy Williams. The good one, the wide receiver.

Or maybe a project like Michael Clayton of the Bucs, who Jones could sign cheap and hope to get more out of with a talented team.

Comment

I can't imagine Dallas having the money, but I still won't rule out Jerry Jones making a play for Roy Williams. The good one, the wide receiver.

Or maybe a project like Michael Clayton of the Bucs, who Jones could sign cheap and hope to get more out of with a talented team.
                            Jerry might go after Roy Williams, but i doubt he'd waste his time or money on Clayton or anyone of his level. We have plenty of guys to develop instead of using a career, average-joe.

Comment

I think my only argument is Greg Williams. Greg is a stubborn douchebag, but he's a very good DC. He'll never win an award for Person of the Year, but the man knows how to make the most out of his defense.

Look at the Redskins. Outside of Taylor (RIP) and Landry, he had squat on defense. McIntosh was out for basically the entire season. He somehow got that defense to be a top 10 defense in the league. He managed to get an 05 Redskin defense as a top 5 in the league with no pass rusher on the dline. The man knows how to get the most out of what he has. He'll make that Jaguars defense better.

It might take some adjustment for the Jaguars to get what he wants them to do, but towards the latter end of the season, the Jags defense will be better for it. Greg Williams makes that defense better.

Other than that, I can't say i disagree with much.

Great thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                                Marvin can't play across from anti-Marvin. The universe would explode.
                                I agree. Terrell Owens is a wide receiver who actually produced last year and wasn't investigated in a shooting! To see him have to give up receptions to someone else would be ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information