Wes Welker to New England?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    Funny is you think D.J. Hackett would cost anybody a second round pick. The Hawks are going to be lucky if they get a second rounder for Darrell Jackson, let alone D.J. Hackett.

Um, Hackett is an RFA tendered at the same level as Welker, so yes he would cost a 2nd round pick. And he's a better receiver than Welker, Welker however is a good return man.
    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
      I doubt Ricky comes back, he reportedly been having alot of fun in Toronto. And he did rank up the yards once he got used to the game. I fully expect him to stay in the CFL.
      He has already filed paper work to get back to the NFL. It's not his choice any way.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

its more like a 3rd round pick, #60 is way down at the bottom of round 2. Its not like its a high 2nd rounder that you could snag a 1st round player that falls out of the first round with.

Comment

Originally posted by briz5x View Post
          its more like a 3rd round pick, #60 is way down at the bottom of round 2. Its not like its a high 2nd rounder that you could snag a 1st round player that falls out of the first round with.
          it still the fact though that it's a day 1 pick for player that hasn't quite proven himself yet

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

im sold on his return abilities, we'll see what he can do as WR in the pats offense.

Comment

Welker has proved himself. He led the team in catches last year. But I think all he proved is he is a great slot receiver. Even when Booker went down Hagan would go wide and Welker would be in the slot.

And a 2nd rounder is a 2nd rounder even if it is a late 2nd rounder.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

He does seem like a good fit for the Patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by briz5x View Post
                  im sold on his return abilities, we'll see what he can do as WR in the pats offense.
                  You don't trade a second rounder for a return man unless it's Hester but he'll have more pressure on him in NE b/c of what they're giving up

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    You don't trade a second rounder for a return man unless it's Hester but he'll have more pressure on him in NE b/c of what they're giving up
                    hes not just a return man hes a slot WR as well, he had close to 70 catches last season for the fish.

Comment

they're giving up a second rounder for him? it seems like they could trade their 2nd for a better receiver.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                        they're giving up a second rounder for him? it seems like they could trade their 2nd for a better receiver.
                        i agree but i guess BB has really looked into him. nothing is official once again..boston media has only said that were going to "court" him which i think means meet with him.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
                          Except Booger had "pro bowl & super bowl" on his resume.
                          Really? What year did he get elected to the Pro Bowl? Secondly, what does him winning a Super Bowl three and a half years ago have to do with anything? Your a Colts fan, I thought everyone of you Colts fans believed that teams win Super Bowls, not players. He never made a Pro Bowl and the fact that he won a Super Bowl almost four years ago (at the time) with great talent surrounding him doesn't change the fact that his skills are diminishing and he isn't that good anymore.

Comment

Eh, not a fan of the move.

Comment

Wow im guessing the Pats wont take a WR now early?

WR's could fall into round 2 since there are like 5 worthy or 1st RD grades.

Maybe Bowe in RD2?

Comment

I love this move by the Pats. While I don't like giving up a 2nd rounder, we still do have 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder to work with. It also takes a need away at WR allowing the Pats to look defense and defense in round 1. Welker is young and has a lot of potential. I am excited about this move for the Pats.

Also hopefully this will take away the "Pats are cheap" label away.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information