Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wes Welker to New England?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Wes Welker seems like a player Bill Belichick would really like, a la Tim Dwight

    Comment


    • #47
      I like this move, and if you forgot the Pats have 2 first round picks (from trading Branch). Welker will help out NE and Miami is getting a good deal too by picking up a second round pick, this seems to me like a win-win.

      former #1 in post count on this site
      first to 500 posts

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
        Really? What year did he get elected to the Pro Bowl? Secondly, what does him winning a Super Bowl three and a half years ago have to do with anything? Your a Colts fan, I thought everyone of you Colts fans believed that teams win Super Bowls, not players. He never made a Pro Bowl and the fact that he won a Super Bowl almost four years ago (at the time) with great talent surrounding him doesn't change the fact that his skills are diminishing and he isn't that good anymore.
        Booger has been a pro bowl alternate twice, thank you. Booger is was better at his position than Wes Welker. That's all I was saying. Therefore, it's not a good comparison when saying the Colts use their 2nd on Booger. Booger has had like 3 or 4 good years in the league. Wes has had one decent season. Nothing alike.
        INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

        Comment


        • #49
          He's a younger whiter Troy Brown. He will be very productive in NE but a 2nd rounder? I guess it is a high second rounder is questionable but BB has that team winning year in and year out...

          Comment


          • #50
            2nd rounder for Welker? Oh God yes.

            Welker is one of my favorite Dolphins, but this team needs draft picks in the worst way right now. A 2nd rounder for a 3rd WR is pretty damn good I'd say. And you know this could help Chambers out more since he is a better slot WR then an outside WR, but since Welker is a great slot guy we had to move Chambers on the outside. So Cameron can use Chambers the way he should be used.

            Oh and I still hate the Patriots even more now. Thanks for giving up a 2nd for Welker, but I still hate you for taking him.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by EHobbs27 View Post
              I love this move by the Pats. While I don't like giving up a 2nd rounder, we still do have 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder to work with. It also takes a need away at WR allowing the Pats to look defense and defense in round 1. Welker is young and has a lot of potential. I am excited about this move for the Pats.

              Also hopefully this will take away the "Pats are cheap" label away.
              The Adalius Thomas signing alone takes it away, this will definetly put the nail in the coffin of the "we build through the draft" mentality the Patriots once lived by.

              Comment


              • #52
                Adam Scheffter is reporting the deal is 7 years $38 million. I love Wes, but he's not worth that much

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
                  Adam Scheffter is reporting the deal is 7 years $38 million. I love Wes, but he's not worth that much
                  Yes he is. He was Miami's best offensive player last year. I'll say it agian, he is a leader, an incredible hard worker with a nonstop motor, and brings a positive influence into the locker room. Also, he's a special teams animal. He's tough, and will always pull out that extra 4 yards on a return. When you think the other team has him, he gets 4 more yards. And he's also tough as nails.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    He wasn't our best player, he was our best receiver, Brown was the best offensive skills player. Welker isn't a leader. He is a good return man but has a lot of fair catches and isn't really a thread to take it the distance. I'm sure the deal works out to be not anywhere near that big, but he still isn't worth that much, at least not to Miami. Maybe the Pats can make him into a starting WR that gets more than 10 ypc but all he was in Miami was a slot receiver that caught a lot of underneath stuff and didn't get much YAC.

                    That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      $5 million+ per year for a number three receiver, an average kick returner, and an above average punt returner...sounds pretty steep to me. ill take the second rounder.

                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I guess some people are really down on Welker. But for me a guy that is a great punt returner in the league. An average kick returner and a guy that doesn't drop passes will be worth it to the Pats.

                        BB wants high character guys that will do it his way and there isn't a better candidate in the entire league than Wes Welker. (Maybe Rod Smith) And even though he did all these things for the fins the 2nd rounder will benefit us more than keeping Wes.

                        Keep in mind that Wes caught 67 passes from Joey Harrington. With Brady and that offensive system and some of his nifty little moves to gain a couple of extra yards it's not a fantasy to say he could catch 75 passes and have a 1000 yard season. I'm sure Pats fans would have wanted Wes catching those passes in the postseason than Caldwell anyway.

                        I never knew DJ Hackett was better than Wes Welker but I guess a guy that drops passes whilst having a SB QB throwing the ball to him and also not being as versatile as Wes who has a perennial loser throwing to him is better....

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                          He wasn't our best player, he was our best receiver, Brown was the best offensive skills player. Welker isn't a leader. He is a good return man but has a lot of fair catches and isn't really a thread to take it the distance. I'm sure the deal works out to be not anywhere near that big, but he still isn't worth that much, at least not to Miami. Maybe the Pats can make him into a starting WR that gets more than 10 ypc but all he was in Miami was a slot receiver that caught a lot of underneath stuff and didn't get much YAC.
                          Ok he's not a leader, I just threw that in there. He was your best offesnive player. Brown was injured most of the year, and didn't really do anything.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Dolfan2788 View Post
                            I guess some people are really down on Welker. But for me a guy that is a great punt returner in the league. An average kick returner and a guy that doesn't drop passes will be worth it to the Pats.

                            BB wants high character guys that will do it his way and there isn't a better candidate in the entire league than Wes Welker. (Maybe Rod Smith) And even though he did all these things for the fins the 2nd rounder will benefit us more than keeping Wes.

                            Keep in mind that Wes caught 67 passes from Joey Harrington. With Brady and that offensive system and some of his nifty little moves to gain a couple of extra yards it's not a fantasy to say he could catch 75 passes and have a 1000 yard season. I'm sure Pats fans would have wanted Wes catching those passes in the postseason than Caldwell anyway.

                            I never knew DJ Hackett was better than Wes Welker but I guess a guy that drops passes whilst having a SB QB throwing the ball to him and also not being as versatile as Wes who has a perennial loser throwing to him is better....

                            I've heard people call him a white steve smith, he's not as good after the catch, but the two are very similar in the way they attack the ball and work well against all types of coverage.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
                              Ok he's not a leader, I just threw that in there. He was your best offesnive player. Brown was injured most of the year, and didn't really do anything.
                              Brown missed 3 games and had 1000 yards behind an average at best run blocking OL and not much passing game to speak of or a competent OC. You should know how good Brown is, he put up 240 yards on the Jets this year. Randy McMichael had a better year than Welker even with all the drops. When Booker was healthy he was better.

                              That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                With Troy Brown probably retiring, I think the Pats are looking for a replacement and I think it is a fair comparison. Good return man, standout special teamer, solid receiver with good RAC ability, he could step in and replace Troy Brown. Honestly, if you had to ask whose game does Welker's resemble, the answer would probably have to be Troy Brown. And I can see how that would be worth a 2nd rounder to the Pats, especially with them having made other moves in FA to eliminate needs, such as OLB.

                                As for the Dolphins, I dont expect them to sign. They have plenty of needs as it is and Welker is a guy they can afford to lose. That 2nd rounder would be very useful and they could get an impact starter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information