Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wes Welker to New England?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
    Ok he's not a leader, I just threw that in there. He was your best offesnive player. Brown was injured most of the year, and didn't really do anything.
    brown played more then half of the year :P so it cant be most and when he went out is when we started to lose in the end.


    a 2nd rounder to Miami for Welker makes me happy :)

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
      Adam Scheffter is reporting the deal is 7 years $38 million. I love Wes, but he's not worth that much
      Probably similarly structured to the huge deal Seattle gave Nate Burleson that really doesn't kick in until later in the contract. Still though, that money and a second rounder for Welker seems a bit much.

      Comment


      • #63
        poison pill :)

        Comment


        • #64
          It almost seems like Deion Branch was traded for Wes Welker....

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by locseti View Post
            It almost seems like Deion Branch was traded for Wes Welker....
            expect we got a late first(24th) and we give a late 2nd(60th)

            i really hope this doesnt go through or anything. Welker is a great guy and all but a 2nd and then a contract .. ehh

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
              expect we got a late first(24th) and we give a late 2nd(60th)

              i really hope this doesnt go through or anything. Welker is a great guy and all but a 2nd and then a contract .. ehh

              Ya, but Welker just seems to me like a guy that Belichick would really go crazy for...Im just happy about the free 4th round pick that we got for Gabriel :)

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by locseti View Post
                Ya, but Welker just seems to me like a guy that Belichick would really go crazy for...Im just happy about the free 4th round pick that we got for Gabriel :)
                it was a 5th

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by bigmac076 View Post
                  The Adalius Thomas signing alone takes it away, this will definetly put the nail in the coffin of the "we build through the draft" mentality the Patriots once lived by.
                  doesnt make sense though..if were still cheap after getting Colvin and Harrison in '04 and then making a huge offer to Mason and possibly Rolle..then how did we remove the label now with1 big signing opposed to the 2 we have in 2004?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    hey, don't buy into that BS...Thomas was the most sought after FA and that signing alone makes your defense a definite step above what it was. And im happy with the 5th, any draft pick is a plus compared to what we had coming into this draft..

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      But you gotta admit we got the best of the almighty Patriots with that Gabriel deal!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by locseti View Post
                        hey, don't buy into that BS...Thomas was the most sought after FA and that signing alone makes your defense a definite step above what it was. And im happy with the 5th, any draft pick is a plus compared to what we had coming into this draft..
                        agreed about the draft pick..if u can get anything and somehow get the player back..its good

                        still wondering WTF went wrong..he was playing well for most part then dissapeared after a big fumble. either Gabriel's attitude or mental toughness or learning the playbook or w.e

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Man, to be honest, Bill Belichick is an asshole. Gabriel was the best receiver you had, and it was clear that he had a rapport with Brady. I bleieve the rumors that he fell out of favor with Belichick. I absolutely could not believe when we picked him up off waivers, cause he really is a good receiver. I guess he just didn't fit the mold.......

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by locseti View Post
                            Man, to be honest, Bill Belichick is an asshole. Gabriel was the best receiver you had, and it was clear that he had a rapport with Brady. I bleieve the rumors that he fell out of favor with Belichick. I absolutely could not believe when we picked him up off waivers, cause he really is a good receiver. I guess he just didn't fit the mold.......
                            hows BB an asshole? we dont know why Gabriel dissapeared? what if he had poor pratices or didnt work hard enough? what if he was complaining? what if he didnt learn the playbook?

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                              hows BB an asshole? we dont know why Gabriel dissapeared? what if he had poor pratices or didnt work hard enough? what if he was complaining? what if he didnt learn the playbook?

                              Well I didn't mean to offend you, but Belichick is kind of a prick..He's a great coach, but you can't argue with the fact that he's kind of an asshole. And you're right, Gabriel's downfall could have been attributed to a number of diferent things, but he sure showed his worth on the field..In the beginning of the season he was tearing it up though, I just kinda get the feeling that Gabriel wasn't the type of player that Belichick particularly liked.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by locseti View Post
                                Well I didn't mean to offend you, but Belichick is kind of a prick..He's a great coach, but you can't argue with the fact that he's kind of an asshole. And you're right, Gabriel's downfall could have been attributed to a number of diferent things, but he sure showed his worth on the field..In the beginning of the season he was tearing it up though, I just kinda get the feeling that Gabriel wasn't the type of player that Belichick particularly liked.
                                we've been over BB being a dick, asshole and not classy..we had a thread a couple months back about him vs LT and all that..think w.e u want as fans but hte players enjoy him and enjoy winning

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information