Wes Welker to New England?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by locseti View Post
    Man, to be honest, Bill Belichick is an asshole. Gabriel was the best receiver you had, and it was clear that he had a rapport with Brady. I bleieve the rumors that he fell out of favor with Belichick. I absolutely could not believe when we picked him up off waivers, cause he really is a good receiver. I guess he just didn't fit the mold.......
    BB has 3 Super bowl rings so what ever he's doing obviously works and nobody should question his decisions

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

You're right the players enjoy winning, and I think the A.T. signing will have a great impact on the future of the Pats defense. But we still don't know what happened with gabriel, and I can only speculate that his release was due to the fact that he didn't fit into Belichick's plans, whatever they may have been. Hopefully Lil Wes Welker will fit the mold.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        BB has 3 Super bowl rings so what ever he's doing obviously works and nobody should question his decisions
        Nobody's debating the fact that he's a good coach. But he IS kind of an asshole and I was GENUINELY surprised when the Pats signed AT. But evidently the aspect of winning outweighs the fact that your coach is a dick. And I say this with no disrespect whatsoever, cause BB gets it done.

Comment

Funny you should say this....this also appears to be the fundamental theory behind a number of Belichick's decision.

Comment

Originally posted by zoinks View Post
            Funny you should say this....this also appears to be the fundamental theory behind a number of Belichick's decision.
            so, you are saying....what?

Comment

Tell me why the " whiter Troy Brown" comment is neccessary ?

Comment

Sick and tired of hearing smack about Belichick. You say he's an asshole and dick, yet give no reason to why you think this! Who is he an asshole too? The Patriots organisation? No. The Patriots players? No. The Patriots fans? No. Fans of other teams? No. Refs? No.

The only people who do not like him are the media, because of his intense secrecy, and unwillingness to discuss locker room matters in front of the camera.

His methods have brought great success as you mentioned, and IMO the only things which upset him are when trusted members of his staff join division rivals. I'm sure i read a quote somewhere, saying he had verbal agreements with Weis and Crennel that he would accept them becoming head coaches, as long as it was outside the AFC East. Mangini obviously didnt do this, which upset him personally, but i would have been as upset myself!

Edit: Just found this video of Belichick coaching the AFC team at the Pro Bowl - What a asshole he seems to be!

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...=24293&pcid=84
                Last edited by UK Patriot; 03-04-2007, 01:39 PM.

Comment

damnit..Welkers on his way to meet with officals and when he does..he'll probably get the contract put on the table :(

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan2788 View Post

I never knew DJ Hackett was better than Wes Welker but I guess a guy that drops passes whilst having a SB QB throwing the ball to him and also not being as versatile as Wes who has a perennial loser throwing to him is better....
                    If you think D.J. Hackett drops passes, you really have never seen him play. He has some of the best hands in the NFL.

Wes is a slot receiver, he's not versatile when it comes to catching the football. He's good after the catch, and he can return punts. D.J. Hackett is big and fast with good hops, great hands, goes over the middle and he's a good deep threat.
                    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

5 years 38.5 million................too much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Ashley View Post
                        Is that counting the signing bonus!?

WTF is going on in the NFL?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Ashley View Post
                          I thought it was a 7 year deal!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I thought it was a 7 year deal!
                            it is 7 years 38.5 which is 5.5 per year

poinson pill...he'll probably only see 20 of it

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                              Broncos and Patriots are just on fire
                              Hows that? I agree with the Denver deal but the Pats paid WAY too much for Wes Welker who is simply a special teams guy along with a possible slot WR. And as much as I like Adalius Thomas, he is 30 years old and they paid 10 mil a year for him. I am never a fan of paying guys that much when they are in their 30s. This just further shows the Pats as one of the NFL's oldest teams.
                              INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan1985 View Post
                                Hows that? I agree with the Denver deal but the Pats paid WAY too much for Wes Welker who is simply a special teams guy along with a possible slot WR. And as much as I like Adalius Thomas, he is 30 years old and they paid 10 mil a year for him. I am never a fan of paying guys that much when they are in their 30s. This just further shows the Pats as one of the NFL's oldest teams.
                                we didnt pay Thomas 10 mill per year

5 years $37.5

thats 7.5 mill per year

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information