No announcement yet.

Wes Welker to New England?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i like this better..7th round pick is raelly nothing and we dont pay him as much.

i was hoping for Stallworth..heck even Moss

Comment

• Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
      i like this better..7th round pick is raelly nothing and we dont pay him as much.
      You realize the seventh round pick is IN ADDITION to the previously offered second round pick, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
        You realize the seventh round pick is IN ADDITION to the previously offered second round pick, right?
        you realize the contract IS NOT 7 years 38.5 million anymore, right?

its much cheaper contract with real cash and no BS for an additonal 7th round pick

Comment

• This suits the Pats better IMO. They will now most likely offer Welker less per year, and trade down from the #28 pick into the second round and pick up a 7th as compensation. In this scenario, all we'll have done is spent a 2nd on a good all round contributer, who may well have a big year for us.

Comment

• I still hate giving up a second round pick for Wes Welker... but I like it more knowing we can do it on our terms...

Comment

• I would hate for my team to give up a 2nd round pick on a player....You never know who can fall to the mid/late 2nd round...A player like Wes Welker could seemingly be drafted in the 3rd-4th round....But im sure Belichek and company have better insight than me....and he is much more qualified

Comment

• awesome news

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

• so first round: LB and a DB.

no way we take a WR after spending two 2nd rounderso n WRs in last 2 years.

Comment

• 2nd Rounder for Wes Welker! Haha!
                    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

• I'm probably the biggest Wes Welker fan on the forums (being that I attend TTU and everything), but... a 2nd rounder AND a 7th? Wow. All I'll say is do your damn thing, Wes.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                        2nd Rounder for Wes Welker! Haha!
                        yeah that seems a little high

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• You guys. Seriously. It's one of the last picks in the draft. It's basically the same as being an UDFA, it means absolutely nothing. Most of those guys don't even make the roster anyway. It was just a formality.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Unless that pick ends up being the next Colston!

Joking.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

• Only on a draft forum would a 7th rounder cause so much debate.

Comment

• I think this was an intriguing move by the Pats. Not up, nor down as of now, but they do get a guy who could fit very well within the scheme and be a solid contributor. A late 2nd isn't anything to laugh about, and the Fins got a good deal with the 2nd/7th combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information