DI's NFL Truths and Thoughts for 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DI's NFL Truths and Thoughts for 2008

Figured since everyone else was giving it a whirl, why not me. Here we go.

Don't Understand the Lack of Love for Brett Favre and the Jets
    - This is something that is really bothering me that I feel I need to address. Brett Favre had an MVP caliber season last year and has yet to miss a game in his Hall of Fame career and now that he is on a new team, I'm hearing concerns about if he can stay healthy and if he can succeed in a new system. People, don't kid yourselves. This is Brett Favre. He'll play in every game. He'll learn the playbook just fine and the Jets will smart enough to adjust certain things to make it easier for the Hall of Fame quarterback. He also has a significantly upgraded offensive line with the additions of Alan Faneca and Damien Woody to a line already consisting of D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold. He has plenty of weapons on offense in Thomas Jones, Jerricho Cotchery, Lavaerneus Coles, Dustin Keller, Chris Baker, Leon Washington, etc. Favre will be fine. So will the Jets and they'll be in the playoffs. Believe it.

Don't Understand the Love that the Eagles are Getting...
    - This is another thing that makes me scratch my head. A team with a quarterback who can't stay healthy, no receivers capable of being more than a #3, a tight end who can't stay healthy, a coach with more problems off the field than he has on and a pro bowl offensive guard who was AWOL for a significant part of camp because he was battling depression. And for everything I just mentioned, people have the Eagles penciled in as the 2nd best team in the NFC East and some even have them in the Super Bowl! Are you kidding me? They're a good team, I'll give you that. But to the Super Bowl? The legs and hands of Brian Westbrook can only take this team so far and that is to a 9-7 season and a battle for the final playoff spot. Oh, and that is only if that certain quarterback can stay healthy.

And the Vikings too for that Matter
    - AP is a stud. The offensive and defensive lines are probably the best respectively in the league and they have great potential at the receiver spot. All that being said, Tavaris Jackson is still the quarterback and I'm sorry Viking fans, but as long as he is quarterbacking your team, you will not be winning any division titles. You won't be making the playoffs. And to those who are ridiculously high on the Vikes and have them making a Super Bowl push, well, you are going to be incredibly dissapointed this season.

The Packers won't miss a beat with Aaron Rodgers
    - Packer fans. I know seeing #4 in another shade of green will be incredibly difficult for you but don't worry. #12 is your quarterback now and I'm telling, you'll be just fine. Aaron Rodgers sat for 3 years, watching and studying every move that Brett Favre did on and off the field. He has showed this off-season that he can handle himself incredibly when it comes to on and off the field pressure. He has demonstrated flashes during the preseason and I believe all the waiting will pay off and Aaron Rodgers will lead Green Bay to another NFC North Championship and will be the 1st step in helping Packer fans move on from the Favre Era.

Oh What a Year for Rookie Running Backs
    - Darren McFadden. Jonathan Stewart. Kevin Smith. Matt Forte. Ray Rice. Chris Johnson. Felix Jones. Rashard Mendenhall. Steve Slaton. Ryan Torain. That is 10 rookie running backs that all have a chance to have a fairly significant impact on their team this year and in the future. Run DMC has Adrian Peterson written all over him. Stewart, Smith, Forte, Mendenhall, Slaton and Johnson all have fairly good chances at being the starting running back by the end of the season. Felix Jones is a bona fide home run hitter. Ryan Torain could flourish when healthy in Denver and Ray Rice will get his fair share while backing up Willis McGahee and he will be absolutely huge if and when McGahee goes down with an injury. Attention fantasy owners: All of these guys are ownable and you'll reap benefits by the end of the season.

And the Predictions for the 2008 Season are as follows...
    AFC East: Patriots
    AFC North: Steelers
    AFC South: Colts
    AFC West: Chargers
    Wild Card: Jaguars
    Wild Card: Jets

Colts over Jets
    Jaguars over Steelers

Patriots over Jaguars
    Chargers over Colts

Patriots over Chargers

NFC East: Cowboys
    NFC North: Packers
    NFC South: Saints
    NFC West: Seahawks
    Wild Card: Giants
    Wild Card: Panthers

Packers over Panthers
    Giants over Seahawks

Giants over Cowboys
    Saints over Packers

Saints over Giants

Super Bowl 43
    Patriots over Saints

And the Award goes to...
    MVP: Drew Brees, QB, Saints
    OPOY: Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
    DPOY: Jon Beason, MLB, Panthers
    OROY: Chris Johnson, RB, Titans (Next Maurice Jones-Drew)
    DROY: Kenny Phillips, S, Giants
    COTY: Mike McCarthy, Packers

So let me get this straight, you think a guy with one career touchdown pass can perform for his team better than one that has already a year of starting under his belt? Hmm.

The Vikings are loaded, and they don't need Jackson to be Peyton Manning back there. Plenty of teams have proven that you don't need spectacular quarterback play to win games and make the playoffs. They're great at running and defending the run. If their pass defense can be somewhere in the middle of the road (14-18th in the league) they'll easily be a playoff team. They were one game away last year in a division that still had Brett Favre, and they've improved dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by DI View Post
      And the Vikings too for that Matter
      - AP is a stud. The offensive and defensive lines are probably the best respectively in the league and they have great potential at the receiver spot. All that being said, Tavaris Jackson is still the quarterback and I'm sorry Viking fans, but as long as he is quarterbacking your team, you will not be winning any division titles. You won't be making the playoffs. And to those who are ridiculously high on the Vikes and have them making a Super Bowl push, well, you are going to be incredibly dissapointed this season.
      Enter, Trent Dilfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
        Enter, Trent Dilfer.

I was about to say the exact same thing. Obviously this Vikes D isn't as good as the Ravens D was, but if Jackson can do the same thing Dilfer did, I don't see why we can't at least make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          I was about to say the exact same thing. Obviously this Vikes D isn't as good as the Ravens D was, but if Jackson can do the same thing Dilfer did, I don't see why we can't at least make the playoffs.
          Its lazy but I will just assume that Jackson's o-line will be much better than Dilfer's was. So that can offset the rest of the defense.

Comment

I agree on the Eagles thats pretty much it

Comment

Its lazy but I will just assume that Jackson's o-line will be much better than Dilfer's was. So that can offset the rest of the defense.
              It's not phenomenally better, but, between the tackles is lightyears better.

I mean, You do have jon ogden
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                It's not phenomenally better, but, between the tackles is lightyears better.

I mean, You do have jon ogden
                That's what I was thinking. Trent wasn't automatically drifting to his right after the snaps or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  So let me get this straight, you think a guy with one career touchdown pass can perform for his team better than one that has already a year of starting under his belt? Hmm.
                  That's an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Comment

The Vikings are one of the rare teams that are built to win without a QB doing a whole lot. I wasn't a believer at all last year but I can't help but love their chances this year. They're only getting better, I'm not sure what to expect out of GB.

Comment

I'm so sick of these threads. No offense.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                        I'm so sick of these threads. No offense.
                        Are you kidding me?
                        The insight is incredible.

Comment

Are you kidding me?
                          The insight is incredible.
                          I learn something new every time...

Comment

Eagles are getting so much love because Mcnabb is 100% healthy, their last 4 games last year they went 3-1 and you could see that Mcnabb was healthy. He was making things happen with his legs.

They have a very good secondary, the best safety in football and a young and talented Defensive Line led by pro bowler Trent Cole at end, Broderick Bunkley and Trevor Laws in the inside who are man-beast.

A top 3-5 runningback depending on who you talk to. Westbrook is a complete back, he has great hands and is just now getting the recognition he deserves. 2000 total yards isn't to much to ask from him.

If the Receivers just play up to their potential this team is going to be very good, Their my pick to win the NFC East with a 12-4 record. Not really sure what you see from this team to give you the idea their not going to be that good.

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                              the best safety in football
                              To avoid an imminent thread jacking, I suggest an edit.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information