Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which coaches will get fired and who will replace them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which coaches will get fired and who will replace them?

Here's my list...I'd like to see everyone else's, too.

Buffalo Bills - Bruce Arians (Pittsburgh Off. Coordinator)

Arians is the man behind Pittsburgh's new offense, which has grown much more innovative under him since Ken Whisenhunt took over the Cardinals. Best case scenario - Trent Edwards learns as well as Big Ben did under Arians.

Cincinnati Bengals - Wade Phillips (Dallas Head Coach)

The kind of guy who comes from another winning background (although not in the playoffs), Phillips dealt with Terrell Owens and the Cowboys' prima donnas well and is a fit with Ocho Cinco. He also is another defensive guy, which is a plus.

Dallas Cowboys - Jason Garrett (Dallas Assistant Head Coach)

This has already been speculated - Garrett signed a big deal to take over for Phillips.

Detroit Lions - Russ Grimm (Arizona Assistant Head Coach)

Was considered to be head coach of division rival Chicago before Lovie Smith got the job. Grimm is a tough guy who works well with offensive linemen and could help make Detroit's underachieving group respectable.

Indianapolis Colts - Jim Caldwell (Indianapolis Assistant Head Coach)

This has already been announced - when Dungy retires, Caldwell will take over the team.

Kansas City Chiefs - Marty Schottenheimer (San Diego Head Coach)

Is this a match made in heaven or what? Marty runs an extension of Herm Edwards' super conservative offense, and coached there prior, posting only one losing season (7-9) and reaching the playoffs 7/10 times. He also gets to play San Diego twice a year.

Oakland Raiders - Josh McDaniels (New England Offensive Coordinator)

Josh McDaniels is one of the hottest commodities in the league, an exciting offensive coordinator who made New England's offense even better. JaMarcus Russell and Darren McFadden in McDaniels' spread offense would be exciting to say the least.

San Francisco 49ers - Mike Singletary (San Francisco Assistant Head Coach)

It might not make too much sense to promote from inside, but Singletary is a young, popular guy and unlike Mike Martz, he only has to worry about the solid linebacking corps, not the defense as a whole and could be held less accountable.

Seattle Seahawks - Jim Mora Jr. (Seattle Assistant Head Coach)

This has already been announced - Jim Mora Jr. will replace Mike Holmgren at season's end.

St. Louis Rams - Ron Rivera (San Diego Linebackers Coach)

The kind of defensive mastermind who could help build a defense around Long, Carriker, Witherspoon, etc. St. Louis needs a defensive guy this time around and Rivera was once considered for a number of head coaching jobs.

Don't get me wrong. I like Lane Kiffin. But I can't say that if he were to get replaced I would hate the idea of McDaniels. I've been a fan of the guy lately.

Comment

Raheem Morris (The Bucs DB Coach) will be offered positions for at least 1 HC job and multiple DC jobs.

Comment

I seriously doubt Herm gets fired. Even if he does, I don't want Schottenheimer here again.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

No love for Spags?

Comment

I think there would be a lot of teams that would be calling Bill Cowher, whether he wants to be a coach again is another matter.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

i wouldn't mind Ron Rivera or even McDaniels, that would be cool, but only if Scott Linehan doesn't turn the team around this year

Comment

Wade Phillips is a good guy. Doubt it happens (we've been over the whole Mike Brown thing in every coaching thread) but I would welcome it.

Comment

I highly doubt the Bills go for a new coach unless we win like 2 games. The problem we have had before was changing coaches way too often. I think Jauron will be a head coach for the bills for longer than just 1 more season.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

No college coaches likely to take the step up?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                    - Corner or Wideout in the first
                    - No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                      No love for Spags?
                      He just signed a gigantic deal to stay with New York. I don't see him leaving any time soon.

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                      No college coaches likely to take the step up?
                      Other than the popular name of Pete Carroll that will surely be tossed around, I doubt any NFL teams reach into the college coaching ranks for a head coach. After the Nick Saban & Bobby Petrino fiasco's I'm sure a lot of NFL teams will be turned off by hiring college coaches for anything more than a coordinator/assistant head coach position.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

Rob Chudzinski to San Fran.. book it suckas

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                          Here's my list...I'd like to see everyone else's, too.

Buffalo Bills - Bruce Arians (Pittsburgh Off. Coordinator)

Arians is the man behind Pittsburgh's new offense, which has grown much more innovative under him since Ken Whisenhunt took over the Cardinals. Best case scenario - Trent Edwards learns as well as Big Ben did under Arians.

Arians is a good choice but the only way I see Buffalo getting rid of Dick Jauron is if they completely under perform this year, which I just don't see happening. I like the team Jauron is building but he's not the type of guy to lead Buffalo to the Super Bowl, he'd be a great D-Coordinator for them, though.

Cincinnati Bengals - Wade Phillips (Dallas Head Coach)

The kind of guy who comes from another winning background (although not in the playoffs), Phillips dealt with Terrell Owens and the Cowboys' prima donnas well and is a fit with Ocho Cinco. He also is another defensive guy, which is a plus.

I agree with you that I see Marvin Lewis leaving Cincinnati this year, however, I don't like the idea of bringing in Wade Phillips. The reason he's been so successful in Big D has been because of Jason Garrett coaching the offense. While Phillips is sure to have a say with the defense I just don't think Cincy's management is stupid enough to hire Phillips as a HC. I can definitely see Phillips as a D-Coordinator for Cincy since the 3-4 is his specialty and I think he could do wonders there.
                          I'm sure Bill Cowher's name will be tossed around for the Cincy vacancy and I think that'd be a good fit. I could definitely see Rex Ryan as someone Cincy would go after due to his history in the AFC North.

Dallas Cowboys - Jason Garrett (Dallas Assistant Head Coach)

This has already been speculated - Garrett signed a big deal to take over for Phillips.

bI]Everyone knows this is going to happen.[/b]

Detroit Lions - Russ Grimm (Arizona Assistant Head Coach)

Was considered to be head coach of division rival Chicago before Lovie Smith got the job. Grimm is a tough guy who works well with offensive linemen and could help make Detroit's underachieving group respectable.

I know Russ Grimm's name is going to be tossed around I just don't see him in Detroit. Rod Marinelli has built a Tampa 2 system up there and if the Lion's front office is smart (which is questionable) they would go after someone who has that kind of background. Enter Ron Rivera. Rivera worked with the Tampa 2 while being the DC for the Bears. He'd be a great fit as well, in my opinion. Leslie Frazier's name might also be brought up. Whoever is hired they'd be wise to bring in someone like Raheem Morris as their DC.

Indianapolis Colts - Jim Caldwell (Indianapolis Assistant Head Coach)

This has already been announced - when Dungy retires, Caldwell will take over the team.

No surprise.

Kansas City Chiefs - Marty Schottenheimer (San Diego Head Coach)

Is this a match made in heaven or what? Marty runs an extension of Herm Edwards' super conservative offense, and coached there prior, posting only one losing season (7-9) and reaching the playoffs 7/10 times. He also gets to play San Diego twice a year.

I don't see this move at all. Kansas City is going to take at least a few more years to rebuild and they need someone who won't have a stroke on the sideline. I would think Russ Grimm would be the perfect hire here. He can help coach their offensive line into something respectable and is young enough to be there for a while.

Oakland Raiders - Josh McDaniels (New England Offensive Coordinator)

Josh McDaniels is one of the hottest commodities in the league, an exciting offensive coordinator who made New England's offense even better. JaMarcus Russell and Darren McFadden in McDaniels' spread offense would be exciting to say the least.

This would be a great move. McDaniels is young, has a good bit of experience, and has coached for a winner. While I'm not a fan of Belichick disciples, I would think McDaniels could do wonders in Oakland.

San Francisco 49ers - Mike Singletary (San Francisco Assistant Head Coach)

It might not make too much sense to promote from inside, but Singletary is a young, popular guy and unlike Mike Martz, he only has to worry about the solid linebacking corps, not the defense as a whole and could be held less accountable.

I could definitely see this and would think it's a wise move. From everything I've read, it seems that Singletary is very well liked and respected by the players. I have heard that he doesn't want a HC job but if they offer it to him I don't see him turning it down.

Seattle Seahawks - Jim Mora Jr. (Seattle Assistant Head Coach)

This has already been announced - Jim Mora Jr. will replace Mike Holmgren at season's end.

I see it and while I'm not a big fan of this move, I'll give the Seattle F.O. the benefit of the doubt.

St. Louis Rams - Ron Rivera (San Diego Linebackers Coach)

The kind of defensive mastermind who could help build a defense around Long, Carriker, Witherspoon, etc. St. Louis needs a defensive guy this time around and Rivera was once considered for a number of head coaching jobs.

Rivera would be a good fit here but I like him better in Detroit. There are a few guys I like for the St. Louis position. Rob Ryan, Mike Trgovac, Mark Duffner, Jim Schwartz, or Dave McGinnis. I agree that they need a defensive minded head coach and think that Ryan, Trgovac, or Duffner would make the best choice to replace Linehan.
                          There is also the possiblity that John Fox could be fired as well.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

If Nolan gets fired I could see Singletary getting promoted as long as Martz stays I think he would be a fine head coach he has done a great job developing the young LBs. The only thing that has worried me though is that he has interviewed for two years now and has not been hired. I wonder if there is a bad reason for that
                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by papa burgundy View Post
                              Rob Chudzinski to San Fran.. book it suckas
                              Guarantee it doesn't happen considering we just gave him a huge pay raise and extension.

Book it suckah.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information