Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
    I think this was a mistake...

Romeo I can see but Savage gave the Browns enough talent to win.

Savage is one of the best scouts in the business and if I were running an NFL team I'd be tripping all over myself trying to bring him into the organization.
    The Browns gave Savage enough years to build a playoff team and he didn't get the job done. He's the one that hired Romeo in the first place and the one that failed to fix the defense. He has made some good moves in Cleveland and I'm sure will bounce back on his feet, but it's time to try something different.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I wouldnt be 100% opposed to having him as a GM here in Cincinnati. It would at least be a step in the right direction for us.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
        I wouldnt be 100% opposed to having him as a GM here in Cincinnati. It would at least be a step in the right direction for us.
        A monkey with a bottle of whiskey would be better than Mike Brown.

Comment

I think they're trying to clear out some space to bring Cowher in as GM and HC. (Or at least make him HC with a lot of power and let him pick his GM)

They saw what he did to them for years when he was in Pittsburgh and I think they'll throw a lot of money at him trying to get a winning product on the field in that city.

Comment

He's done a good job getting players through the draft and FA, but he's clashed with players, front office guys, and he basically sold out the coach to try and keep his job. Building a good team doesn't matter if you help break it apart.

Comment

Maybe Parcells leaves Miami and goes to Cleveland (Mortensen article)

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                I think they're trying to clear out some space to bring Cowher in as GM and HC. (Or at least make him HC with a lot of power and let him pick his GM)
                Cowher is going to Dallas (i hope and pray and hope).

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  Cowher is going to Dallas (i hope and pray and hope).
                  Well, despite how bad Cleveland is this year, the team has a fair amount of talent and Cowher has a good history with them. If he comes back to coach at all he'd go to Cleveland where he'd have complete control instead of Dallas with Jones looking over his shoulder.

Comment

Romeo will most likely follow tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      The Browns gave Savage enough years to build a playoff team and he didn't get the job done. He's the one that hired Romeo in the first place and the one that failed to fix the defense. He has made some good moves in Cleveland and I'm sure will bounce back on his feet, but it's time to try something different.
                      Savage didn't hire Romeo.

Comment

Lions should sign him.

Comment

I've read two articles saying Romeo will be fired very soon and that they (the browns) are looking to sign Titans defensive cordinator; forgot his name but he'd install a 4-3 in Cleveland which would be nasty, with Rogers and Corey Williams in the middle and Wimbley on an edge, it would really suit the players better.

Comment

Come on Dallas, bring him in as a scout or SOMETHING!

BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't get why people think Savage has done such an amazing job.

He threw a ton of money at Gary Baxter... He ended up hurt and did nothing.

He threw a ton of money at LeCharles Bentley, he ended up getting hurt and did nothing.

He threw a ton of money at Kevin Shaffer, he sucks horribly and is extremely overpaid.

He threw a ton of money at Stallworth, 7 years 35 million... PLEASE...

He refused to trade Derek Anderson for a first round pick, now were stuck with a backup QB that will take an 8 million cap hit if we can't do anything with him.

He constantly went against with what Crennel wanted and knew he needed as far as players went to fit his scheme, and when he did go with him, he passed on Haloti Ngata for Kamerion Wimbley, giving the Ravens the one piece to their defense that they were really hurting for.

There is friction between him and Kellen Winslow as far as contracts go.

He stated he wants to draft catholic players.

He blew up on a Browns fan in an e-mail.

His only decent pick past round 2 is a fullback.

Of the 30 players draft in 4 years only a handful of the players are even worth a damn and 2 of them were pretty much shoe-in draft picks (Joe Thomas and Braylon Edwards, and Braylon has had one good year.) He traded a 3rd round pick in 2009 for a 4th round pick in 2008 so he could get a 4th string tight end? SERIOUSLY? WITH A PRO BOWL TIGHT END ON THE ROSTER?

Of the good things he has done, he has traded for Shaun Rogers as well as draft Joe Thomas which was a no brainer. He also picked up Cribbs as an undrafted free agent.

Savage had 4 years, we had one winning season, him and Crennel deserve to be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                                He threw a ton of money at Gary Baxter... He ended up hurt and did nothing.

He threw a ton of money at LeCharles Bentley, he ended up getting hurt and did nothing.
                                I'm not sure you can't totally pin those guys being FA busts on the GM. Both of their injuries were pretty freak iirc as none had a prior injury past.

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                                He stated he wants to draft catholic players.
                                lmao....seriously? he should just be the AD of Notre Dame because theres just no way you can make something like that work in pro football. wow.....thats just asinine.

I'm going to become a GM and only draft players from Idaho who have at least 3 syllables in their last name. Be about the same effect in terms of their play on the field.....damn.
                                Last edited by BeerBaron; 12-28-2008, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information