No announcement yet.

Browns Fire GM Savage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would hope that we would have been pretty damn sure about Tim Couch at #1 overall... I hope we didn't just pick his name out of a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
      I would hope that we would have been pretty damn sure about Tim Couch at #1 overall... I hope we didn't just pick his name out of a straw.

????, you do know that Savage wasn't your GM when Couch was drafted along with all the other busts that Butch Davis drafted.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        This from the local Cleveland sports guy (I'm visiting family back in Cleveland).

-The Browns will quickly interview a minority candidate (token interview yes, but at least they hired Crennel)

-They will then meet with Bill Cowher and offer him everything, expecting that he will very likely say no.

-They will then offer the GM position to Scott Pioli, who is very likely to say yes. He has Cleveland ties and everyone knows that he's ready to ge tout from Bellicheck's shadow. Pioli is then likely to look at Kirk Ferentz (also past experience with the Browns) or Josh McDaniels.

Some of it is obvious speculation, but the guy is the voice of the Browns and would probably know as well as anyone.
        If McDaniels gets hired, my guess is he sticks with a 3-4. Id agree with that only bc Pioli is a 3-4 guy, and you really need a 3-4 GM to draft 3-4 players. its not easy finding players for the 3-4, so you really need a guy with experience to do that.

although i think they are better suited to run a 4-3 for the immediate future.

Comment

Mortensen reports Cowher told Lerner that he isn't interested in a coaching job in 2009.

Pioli is lined up for an interview for GM. If I'm the Browns I try to get Pioli and then McDaniels.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
            Mortensen reports Cowher told Lerner that he isn't interested in a coaching job in 2009.

Pioli is lined up for an interview for GM. If I'm the Browns I try to get Pioli and then McDaniels.
            H...mmm, 3 of BB's coaches just got fired by their teams, Crennel, Weis and Mangini, so what makes McDaniels such a great hire.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Romeo is officially fired.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Comment

I think this may be the Browns' Coaching Staff for new year

HC: McDaniels
                OC: Mangurian
                DC: Mangini

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post

DC: Mangini
                  I think Mangini may have severed any ties to the Pats organization jumping ship to the hated Jets and then possibly being the one to expose the whole spy gate thing.

Maybe that has more to do will Bellichick but if it irked Pioli the wrong way as well, I doubt he finds a job with him.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post

DC: Patricia
                    Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    I think Mangini may have severed any ties to the Pats organization jumping ship to the hated Jets and then possibly being the one to expose the whole spy gate thing.

Maybe that has more to do will Bellichick but if it irked Pioli the wrong way as well, I doubt he finds a job with him.
                    Oh snap, I forgot about Pioli. Edited^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                      H...mmm, 3 of BB's coaches just got fired by their teams, Crennel, Weis and Mangini, so what makes McDaniels such a great hire.
                      Weis didnt get fired?

And I think McDaniels could be a good HC, esspecially if the team gets Pioli. They have both worked with the Pats over the last few years and could try to bring that success to Cleveland.

Plus Cleveland has weapons on offense, despite finishing the last 6 games without a TD. I think McDaniels can turn them around.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

????, you do know that Savage wasn't your GM when Couch was drafted along with all the other busts that Butch Davis drafted.
                        Of course I do, I am just making a point that a draft pick is never certain, even with an investment in lots of picks.

Comment

Yeah you also know that Butch Davis wasn't the gm when we drafted Tim Couch?

You really don't need to inform me about the Browns man.

Comment

Originally posted by Pb&j View Post
                            Of course I do, I am just making a point that a draft pick is never certain, even with an investment in lots of picks.
                            So you knew that Butch Davis was the GM who picked Tim Couch huh?

Thats funny because he didnt.

Comment

Fred Savage's wonder years with the browns are over

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information