Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way. (10 characters)

Comment

Thanks for your deep insight and factual assistance steelersfan. Why don't you just enjoy the 2nd super bowl handcrafted for you by the NFL referees.

Comment

No. Definitely Not.

McNabb was never an elite player at his position. There were always a couple QB's who were better than him. He was a very good player for a long time but he is not one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game the football and that's what it should take to get in the Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
          No. Definitely Not.

McNabb was never an elite player at his position. There were always a couple QB's who were better than him. He was a very good player for a long time but he is not one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game the football and that's what it should take to get in the Hall.
          Who were the guys that were always better than him in his career, thus far? Remember, his career is not over.

Tom Brady? HOFer
          Peyton Manning? HOFer
          Brett Favre? HOFer

Am I missing others that were consistently better year in and year out?

Comment

............fail

Comment

I'm sorry but Jimmy Johnson has carried the eagles not Donovan McNabb. The Eagles have consistently had great defenses and elite olines throughout his tenure, sure he never had a stud WR, but he had a great defense covering his ass, an elite oline keeping his jersey clean and they've always ran the ball well, even when they stopped running the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                Who were the guys that were always better than him in his career, thus far? Remember, his career is not over.

Tom Brady? HOFer
                Peyton Manning? HOFer
                Brett Favre? HOFer

Am I missing others that were consistently better year in and year out?
                I know by putting consistently in there your trying to take Kurt Warner and Drew Brees out of the picture but not starting QB has been more consistently injured than McNabb. He hasn't finished 4 season because of injury. Don't forget, Kevin Kolb was picked to be the successor for a quarterback who is injury-prone and inconsistent. Don't forget, McNabb was benched this year.

Phil Simms should be in the Hall ahead of McNabb. Simms has around 3000 more yards, 5 more TD's and a Super Bowl MVP. Now I'm not saying Phil Simms is a HOFer, but neither is McNabb. I'm not saying McNabb isn't a good QB. Donovan is a very good QB who has lead his team to great playoff successes, he's just not an elite QB in the history of the NFL. I see a guy like Cris Carter not get into the Hall on his first two times and it really makes me question how someone like Donovan McNabb would get in.

Comment

I say yes, especially considering some of the other people that are in. He's been one of the best QB's in the league for a long time and has never had a ton of help around him. I'm not a huge fan but he's gotten a bad deal his whole career from the fans, media and the way the organization supported him. But also he's been the face of one of the most consistent franchises of the new millenium and has been as much of a face of the league as any player since 2000. Now all that shouldn't reall matter, but it does and having him out of the HOF would kind of neglecting a very important portion of the NFL during this time period.

I can understand why alot of people say no, but the HOF is already a little watered down as it is. And i think he will definitely get in eventually. Regardless if he wins a superbowl.

Comment

Right now, he's basically John Elway before the last two seasons of his career. Except Donovan is better statistically, he just isn't loved by the media like John is.
                    Originally posted by SNIPER26
                    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                      I say yes, especially considering some of the other people that are in. He's been one of the best QB's in the league for a long time and has never had a ton of help around him. I'm not a huge fan but he's gotten a bad deal his whole career from the fans, media and the way the organization supported him. But also he's been the face of one of the most consistent franchises of the new millenium and has been as much of a face of the league as any player since 2000. Now all that shouldn't reall matter, but it does and having him out of the HOF would kind of neglecting a very important portion of the NFL during this time period.

I can understand why alot of people say no, but the HOF is already a little watered down as it is. And i think he will definitely get in eventually. Regardless if he wins a superbowl.
                      Exactly, which means watering it down further should be prevented. We have to be careful not to get too awed the stats that quarterbacks and receivers are putting up in the new era.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                        Right now, he's basically John Elway before the last two seasons of his career. Except Donovan is better statistically, he just isn't loved by the media like John is.
                        Thats because Elway had all 5 of his best stastical seasons after he turned 33, he also had nowhere near the supporting cast for much of his career on both sides of the ball so that comparison is a complete joke. If Mcnabb wins 2 super bowls and gets a super bowl MVP then yes hell make the hall......lol at the elway comparison

Comment

Past QB's get so protected it's ridiculous. Before he got on stacked teams, Elway was a guy with mediocre stats that couldn't win the big one, but all of that is forgotten now.
                          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Elwayz was even goddlier than cutlerz, so let's please not compare Donovan to Elway.

Comment

Nuh uh, Cutler has a stronger arm, ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                                Past QB's get so protected it's ridiculous. Before he got on stacked teams, Elway was a guy with mediocre stats that couldn't win the big one, but all of that is forgotten now.
                                Or you could say that he was the only reason that Denver was relevant and competitive in the 80s and 90s and had a dumbass of a head coach who couldn't get out of his own way (Dan Reeves).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information