Cop Makes Fun of Bengals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    I wonder if the cop would have cared about making a national incident if he was arresting a fellow Cinci cop.

Oh well. At least Kennedy didn't get shot in the back and killed while he was handcuffed and restrained on the ground.
    All in all i'm fairly shocked that Kennedy didn't get tasered.

It's getting quite ridiculous how the police force has seeminly done a 180 when it comes to media-known persons. Back in the day if a local hero or well known figure did something like this, it would be a "crime" to put their name in the headline, now it's the opposite. People like Kennedy are getting thrust into the spotlight for things your average citizen would be usually let off for.

I'm not saying that coaches/players etc. should not be held accountable for their actions, but events like this just seem absurd. Whenver I hear a story like this i always replace the person of action with a 'fellow police officer of the arresting officer' and ask myself whether or not his name would be in the papers. 99.9% of the time the answer is no. So while this doesn't exhonerate the coaches/players of the world, it does show quite a shocking example of how cops act in our society.
    Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 02-04-2009, 02:26 AM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Lol wow that is awesome.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Outside of Chris Henry, we haven't had an arrest in 2 years. 1 arrest in 2 year's is much less than some other team's. And Chris Henry's arrest did not result in a conviction.

Congrats to the police officer though, out-dated joke makes you hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
          Outside of Chris Henry, we haven't had an arrest in 2 years. 1 arrest in 2 year's is much less than some other team's. And Chris Henry's arrest did not result in a conviction.

Congrats to the police officer though, out-dated joke makes you hilarious!
          Exactly. People on here still laugh it up, hell there's a thread with a Jaguars fan cracking a joke about our past... But yeah, the officers around here take pride in getting high profile guys. You know in other places they let the players off, not saying it's right but you know it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
            The Bengals will make the playoffs next year, or atleast be in the playoff mix. Mark it down.
            You damn right they will. Carson is on a ******* mission to be back at the top of the QB class and with the obvious trading of Chad Johnson I think that will be the most under rated move of the off-season, especially if they can get a high pick for him like a 1rst. Could the Eagles be interested? They do have two first round picks, and they need a legit #1 that can produce especially with McNabb nearing the end of the line. Also Keith Rivers will be back and be the leader of the defense, also Jonathan Joseph will be fully healed and ready to go, Leon Hall will add to a great soph. year and make his way to becoming one of the top CBs in the NFL. I think Levi JOnes gets his **** together, because I think he will have relized that the drafting of Jason Smith, Andre Smith, Michael Oher or Eugene Monroe would mean that his ass is on the line. So he will have to play and play well. Also, I think Cedric Benson has found his career in Cincy and has given him new motive and a renewed passion for the game. He along with Chris Perry gives the Bengals a solid duo to run with.

But the Bengals need 3 things to be a contender, and I think they can do it with this off season and draft. First they have to draft a Center. So Alex Mack or Max Unger have to be a draft pick with their 2nd round pick no matter what.

Second with their 1rst round pick they need to pick one of the four big time OT prospects. I would like them to take Andre Smith or Michael Oher because they are perfect ORT prospects and this team hasn't been the same since the release of Willie Anderson, and in reality they haven't been the same since he started to decline in skill. So they need a mean, nasty and tenacious tackle on the line. I like Bobbie Williams and Andrew Whitworth at OG but because the Center and ORT are so bad it makes the rest of the line weak and this team only goes as far as Carson Palmer takes them.

The thrid thing is they need for either Chris Henry to be their red zone guy are find on in this draft. I really hope Chris Henry acts right this season. Henry and Palmer have awesome chemistry and for some reason Carson loves throwing to him in the red zone. Also Henry is a very talented player, he is just a huge idiot off the field. But even with Henry I would really like the Bengals to go out and get a big target at the TE position that is a pass catching TE. I hate Ben Utecht. I can't stand him. I think he is a total scrub, but Cincy fans will defend him to the death for whatever reason. I would love for the Bengals to grab Shawn Nelson who I just know is going to really make an impact in the combine and show his athleticism. The Bengals need an athletic TE in the red zone. Nelson would be awesome for Carson.

And last, Carson Palmer is still one othe top 5 best QBs in the league and is one of the top 3 talent wise only behind Payton and in front of Brady in physical ability. But he needs help badly, as we have seen with the Cards this past year. If a QB has help and has legit weapons and a team around him a mediocre QB can be a great QB.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
              You damn right they will. Carson is on a ******* mission to be back at the top of the QB class and with the obvious trading of Chad Johnson I think that will be the most under rated move of the off-season, especially if they can get a high pick for him like a 1rst. Could the Eagles be interested? They do have two first round picks, and they need a legit #1 that can produce especially with McNabb nearing the end of the line. Also Keith Rivers will be back and be the leader of the defense, also Jonathan Joseph will be fully healed and ready to go, Leon Hall will add to a great soph. year and make his way to becoming one of the top CBs in the NFL. I think Levi JOnes gets his **** together, because I think he will have relized that the drafting of Jason Smith, Andre Smith, Michael Oher or Eugene Monroe would mean that his ass is on the line. So he will have to play and play well. Also, I think Cedric Benson has found his career in Cincy and has given him new motive and a renewed passion for the game. He along with Chris Perry gives the Bengals a solid duo to run with.

But the Bengals need 3 things to be a contender, and I think they can do it with this off season and draft. First they have to draft a Center. So Alex Mack or Max Unger have to be a draft pick with their 2nd round pick no matter what.

Second with their 1rst round pick they need to pick one of the four big time OT prospects. I would like them to take Andre Smith or Michael Oher because they are perfect ORT prospects and this team hasn't been the same since the release of Willie Anderson, and in reality they haven't been the same since he started to decline in skill. So they need a mean, nasty and tenacious tackle on the line. I like Bobbie Williams and Andrew Whitworth at OG but because the Center and ORT are so bad it makes the rest of the line weak and this team only goes as far as Carson Palmer takes them.

The thrid thing is they need for either Chris Henry to be their red zone guy are find on in this draft. I really hope Chris Henry acts right this season. Henry and Palmer have awesome chemistry and for some reason Carson loves throwing to him in the red zone. Also Henry is a very talented player, he is just a huge idiot off the field. But even with Henry I would really like the Bengals to go out and get a big target at the TE position that is a pass catching TE. I hate Ben Utecht. I can't stand him. I think he is a total scrub, but Cincy fans will defend him to the death for whatever reason. I would love for the Bengals to grab Shawn Nelson who I just know is going to really make an impact in the combine and show his athleticism. The Bengals need an athletic TE in the red zone. Nelson would be awesome for Carson.

And last, Carson Palmer is still one othe top 5 best QBs in the league and is one of the top 3 talent wise only behind Payton and in front of Brady in physical ability. But he needs help badly, as we have seen with the Cards this past year. If a QB has help and has legit weapons and a team around him a mediocre QB can be a great QB.
              How you make such long posts out of so little is amazing.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Let's not get ahead of ourselves Mario. Yea, we do have a pretty talented team when healthy(a lot better than 3-4 wins at least) but some things are really gonna have to go our way to be a playoff team next season. I can definitely see anywhere from 6-9 wins though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
                  Kurt Warner is a great QB.

RIP ST

Comment

I love how Kennedy thinks that he is some huge celebrity. Yes, it is going to be a national incident, but he is acting like he is a professional coach or player, he's even acting like he is a major NCAA coach like Coach K.

Like really, do you think the cops care that this is going to be broadcast by the media all over, and that means they will let you go?

And the offhand Bengals comment is hilarious.

EDIT: to anyone saying the officers acted inappropriately or that "anyone else" would have been let go, that's absurd. While the alleged charge was just for punching that didn't cause much damage, the cab driver is pressing charges for assault, which = arrest. At the very least, he can be brought in for public intox or disorderly conduct. And comparing any situation to "would a cop arrest a fellow cop" is completely ridiculous. Cops help eachother out because they are usually friends and close knit. Is that right? No. But it is completely different than comparing arresting someone with a name.
                    Last edited by iowatreat54; 02-04-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                      Cincy cops are ***** anyway.
                      +1. They always seem to have that reputation dont they?

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                        How you make such long posts out of so little is amazing.
                        ..Awaits a 6 paragraph reply..

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                          Let's not get ahead of ourselves Mario. Yea, we do have a pretty talented team when healthy(a lot better than 3-4 wins at least) but some things are really gonna have to go our way to be a playoff team next season. I can definitely see anywhere from 6-9 wins though.
                          The Bengals have significant building blocls that really bad teams don't have. If the Falcons, Panthers, Bucs, Bears and Dolphins can all make huge turnaround, then the Bengals can.

Think about it. Carson is better than at least 25 starters in this league. Jones is a legit OLT. T.J., if signed is a real #1, Henry has the potential to be a real #2, Benson and Perry can be a poor mans Stewart/Williams two headed monster. Rivers is a true playmaker. Joseph and Hall have the potential to be one of the NFL's best CB tandems. The D-Line is soft, but there is that blue collar attitude there if they put in the time. And our safety situation is finally worked out.

I don't know man, I would think that they are on par or even a little better than where the Dolphins, Falcons, Bears and even Bucs where this time last year. It's just a matter of the team getting Carson protected and giving him a legit running game.

Comment

The video is classic, "we deal with the Bengals all the time" haha

Comment

Ha, poor team.

Comment

"Benson and Perry can be a poor mans Stewart/Williams two headed monster"

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information