Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonzalez still wants to be traded?

Gonzalez still wants to be traded

“You never know, and that’s the thing about the NFL right now,” Gonzalez said when it was pointed out to him that defensive end Jason Taylor made the same push last offseason only to see the team he left [Miami] go to the playoffs and the team he joined [Washington] not make it.

“You can go from being really bad one year and all of a sudden be really good the next year. So you have to factor that in. We have a young football team that could be really good out there in Kansas City. Now, the question is, are they going to make it to a Super Bowl? Like with Jason [Taylor], even if he’d have stayed in Miami, yeah, you could be good. But I don’t care about being good. I want to be great. I want to win a Super Bowl.”

“I want to see who they name as head coach,” Gonzalez said. “Yeah, I hear they’re talking to Todd Haley, but then there’s this coach [Ferentz] from Iowa State, some [expletive] like that and I don’t want to deal with that. It seems like we’re rebuilding anyway, and I don’t want to do that. I don’t know that I want to do that any more than I already have been.”

“I love Kansas City. I really do. If I could stay there, I would. That’s why this is going to be a tough decision,” Gonzalez said. “We’ve been rebuilding. It hasn’t really seemed to go well. We won four [in 2007] and two this year. It’s getting tough. … I don’t want to make it seem to the fans in Kansas City and to my teammates that I’m abandoning them. I hope, I think, they’ll understand.”

Wow, does not shock me. Who would be a likely suitor? Eagles, Ravens, Patriots, Giants? If KC is to trade him I would value him around mid 2nd to mid 3rd. Compare him to the TE class this year as well, where does he stand and would you draft a TE in the late 2nd or pick up Tony G? He still has about 3-4 solid years left.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I don't want to trade him at all I don't care what we can get for him we are going to have a young QB and he is going to need that safety valve.

Comment

We will give you heap for him!! :)
        Originally posted by SunTzu_22
        Just let it go RWO.
        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          Wow, does not shock me. Who would be a likely suitor? Eagles, Ravens, Patriots, Giants? If KC is to trade him I would value him around mid 2nd to mid 3rd. Compare him to the TE class this year as well, where does he stand and would you draft a TE in the late 2nd or pick up Tony G? He still has about 3-4 solid years left.
          The Eagles make perfect sense. It's an old team with only one or two years left. Put it this way. Can any TE in the draft help the Eagles in the next 2-3 years more than Gonzalez could?

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
            We will give you heap for him!! :)
            Throw in Ed Reed and you have a deal. :)

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              The Eagles make perfect sense. It's an old team with only one or two years left. Put it this way. Can any TE in the draft help the Eagles in the next 2-3 years more than Gonzalez could?
              I am not saying whether or not I want it to happen, I have no clue where KC thinks Tony G fits with the team and the rebuilding process. But Eagles are easily one of the top suitors.
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                Packers offered a 3rd 30 min before the deadline this season only to have Carl back out at the last second.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Unless he's going to threaten to not play, don't trade him and make him play. I'm sure his millions of dollars will help him get over it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Eagles should put it all on the line, trade half their draft for Boldin and Gonzalez and make one more Super Bowl push with Reid and McNabb!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Eagles should put it all on the line, trade half their draft for Boldin and Gonzalez and make one more Super Bowl push with Reid and McNabb!
                      It's like we're connected at the mind. Except it wouldn't work since they need OTs.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        Packers offered a 3rd 30 min before the deadline this season only to have Carl back out at the last second.
                        I remember that. I'm surprised it didn't get more publicity.
                        I wonder if TT would offer the same thing now? Even if he did I doubt Gonzalez would want to come here after our 6-10 season.... at the time we looked like contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                          It's like we're connected at the mind. Except it wouldn't work since they need OTs.
                          Who needs an offensive line when you have teh D-Jax?!

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                            Who needs an offensive line when you have teh D-Jax?!
                            LOL. Boldin would be so sick though. You could have Boldin, Jackson, Baskett as outside guys and then you could have Curtis, Avant and Westbrook play some slot. The offense would be beastly. The Eagles have a lot of decent receivers but on third and five, I want a guy who I know will make that catch. Boldin and Gonzalez would be those guys. Imagine a spread with Boldin and Jackson on the outside, Gonzalez at TE, Westbrook in the backfield and Avant in the slot? Championship.

Comment

Keep him in Kansas City. He's under contract.

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information