No announcement yet.

Players want Pro Bowl in Hawaii

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should substitute the Pro Bowl in favor of the Skills Challenge. I always thought that was the most interesting aspect of the entire thing. This way the players have a really small chance of getting injured and there is still a reason to go to Hawaii. It may not be as profitable, but it's way more reasonable. But of course the NFL is going to capitalize on profit first.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
      I would feel bad, but can't they just go to Hawaii for a week anyway? I mean a week off before off-season training does not sound ridiculous. So why not just go on their own dime. Ray Lewis is complaining he can't see Hawaii, I'm sorry that doesn't really grip at my heart strings.
      its become a tradition. why stop now. the players obviously enjoy it.
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Even though it's only like previously mentioned, a "glorified" scrimmage; I like Honolulu. I like checking out the backdrop during commercial breaks or when they air the skills challenges.

I'm completely, 100% aware that I may sound like George Michael (and not of Arrested Development fame) but Honolulu has to be more desirable than Miami. Not a knock on Miami but Honolulu seems more like a place to relax than Miami.

Then again, I've only seen both during sports.
        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

A pro bowl in Indy??? You have to be ******** me

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

JEZZ! what is Roger Goodell doing!??!!

Comment

I always forget the Pro Bowl is the week after I automatically get into off-season mode because usually the coaches start getting moved around and hired.

Comment

They have to either get rid of the thing or make it relevent I mean no blitzing? no hard tackles? why don't you ust put lipstick on em
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                  They have to either get rid of the thing or make it relevent I mean no blitzing? no hard tackles? why don't you ust put lipstick on em
                  Sadly that's how every professional All Star Game is like, with the exception of hockey, with less impact.

Pro Bowl: Lacks blitzing and hard tackles, sans ST on Moorman.
                  NHL All-Star Game: Rarely any checking, fighting, etc.
                  MLB All-Star Game: Continuious subbing. Only real action came from Pete Rose.
                  NBA All-Star Game: Defense? French for "do nothing".
                  NASCAR: That's just ****** up.

Every professional All-Star game tends to skew to the safe side. Who wants to get hurt in doing something that doesn't matter, period? Some fans complain their players lack heart or won't do anything for the sake of the team, yet they blame others for not "honoring" the league or playing "soft".

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Sparknotes: They all do it.

Footnotes: Not directed at you broth, just fans as a whole.
                  Is that a rash?

Comment

Comment

Goodell just missing and missing, yet he keeps swinging. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                        Sadly that's how every professional All Star Game is like, with the exception of hockey, with less impact.

Pro Bowl: Lacks blitzing and hard tackles, sans ST on Moorman.
                        NHL All-Star Game: Rarely any checking, fighting, etc.
                        MLB All-Star Game: Continuious subbing. Only real action came from Pete Rose.
                        NBA All-Star Game: Defense? French for "do nothing".
                        NASCAR: That's just ****** up.

Every professional All-Star game tends to skew to the safe side. Who wants to get hurt in doing something that doesn't matter, period? Some fans complain their players lack heart or won't do anything for the sake of the team, yet they blame others for not "honoring" the league or playing "soft".

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Sparknotes: They all do it.

Footnotes: Not directed at you broth, just fans as a whole.

1) What you said is true but if you are going to put a boring product on the field don't play the game at all the skills challenge is teh only thing worth watching in any all star game the dunk contest being the best of the lot (in all sports).

2) Many say that its when you try not to get hurt is when you get hurt.

3) Seeing a player get injured in the probowl wouldn't bother me none. Lions players never make the pro bowl.
                        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                          1) What you said is true but if you are going to put a boring product on the field don't play the game at all the skills challenge is teh only thing worth watching in any all star game the dunk contest being the best of the lot (in all sports).

2) Many say that its when you try not to get hurt is when you get hurt.

3) Seeing a player get injured in the probowl wouldn't bother me none. Lions players never make the pro bowl.
                          The All Star Game in any sport is usually considered a sham. I always feel ripped off and let's face it, with so many guys dropping out, it's not even "All Stars" more like "Fortunates". I love the HR Derby as well as the Dunk Contest and the NHL festivities. It's fun, laidback and everyone tries to top the other. I love that.

2)-I see that. When you play overtly cautious, bad **** tends to happen. Didn't Rod Smith have an injury a few years back? Granted that was more bad luck, if memory serves.

3)-It wouldn't bother me, you or most fans. But so much negative buzz would surround the situation. Let's say hypothetically, an elite QB tears his ACL. He could still realistically recover in time, but everyone from the owner down will complain. The elite QB played the game and should've known the possible risks but that part usually gets drowned out by the constant bitching. Injuries happen frequently in any sport but in a contact one, regardless of how light contact can be, it's still a possibility.

It sucks, but everyone is paranoid come Pro Bowl, ASG's, etc.

But I hear you.
                          Is that a rash?

Comment

I still don't see how moving it away from Hawaii makes it a better game/event.

Comment

The only all-star game worth watching is the NBA All-Star game, imo. The Nfl doesnt even need this "game", especially not before the Super Bowl. That makes a load of sense. yeaaahhh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

From my personal experience, Hawaii>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anywhere in Florida. (even Miami)

If I was a pro bowl player I'd be pissed as well. Probably wouldn't bother going either.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information